Vegetarian diner, small floor seating area with traditional low tables and outdoor terrace. Menu changes everyday, typically contains miso soup, sushi, tempura vegetable and/or tofu steak. Profits go to assisting former Tibetan political prisoners. Set menu costs around 130 in Nov 2010. A la carte menu mains around 80-100. Set menu typically includes some items with eggs, but they will prepare without eggs if you ask. Location is 500m south of the main bus stand,.shortly after ladies venture. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Japanese
Jogiwara Road
Dharamshala, India
01892-22-0689

First Review by SagarKShah
xraysez
xraysez

best Japanese vegan food I will probably ever eat (and cheapest)

Posted on 07 / 02 / 2012

Lung Ta
Japanese vegetarian restaurant Daramsala India.

I researched this restaurant in lonely planet, stating it is popular with Japanese nationals looking for a taste of home.

They have a rotating menu here, the daily special being 150Rs about £2.
Tuesdays offering was sushi, miso soup, wilted greens, and potato and carrots in seasoned stock.

I'm not the worlds biggest sushi fan but I did love the bite size pieces and it was served with hot red Ginger (looks like carrot)

My partner is a fan of miso soup and when I forced him to try the firm tofu and soup he ordered a bowl himself! (35Rs 50pence)

Apart from the UK based Wagamama I've never really have been a lover of Japanese food, thinking it's a lot of fish.
I was so glad of this all vegetarian restaurant I wasn't afraid of ordering, they also mention on their menu if desired to request no egg. As lots of Indians view egg as meat.

As well as the special menu they offer salads, noodle soup, curry and tempura veg.

The restaurant is not for profit and donates money to help Tibetans. I highly recommend this affordable place, also near the yoga centre and volunteer Tibet. The restaurant opens at lunch and last orders are 8.30pm. Closed Sunday :(

I revisited many times and really want to take the chefs with me on the rest of my travels.

Wednesday tofu steak is THE BEST tofu I've ever eaten, I had it with the special and my partner wisely order a plate of it on it's own too, saturday they do delicious tofu as well. Served with Ginger not to be mistaken for potato!

Very Vegan friendly: ask for no egg as they use Mayo in the salad and egg in some dishes and the (Monday special) croquets have cream.

SagarKShah
SagarKShah

Excellent Japanese Vegetarian Food

Posted on 12 / 19 / 2010

Spent 4 days in Dharamshala and ended up coming here twice. The staff were friendly, and the food was excellent. The sushi was by far the best vegan sushi I have had in my life. The potatoes and green vegetables were cooked to perfection and the miso soup was divine. My only issue is that many dishes contain eggs, so if you are vegan you need to ask especially for them to make them vegan for you (which they will happily do, just requires a little effort).

Pros: Excellent japanese vegan food
Cons: need to ask to make dishes vegan

Dear Owner and Manager of Lung Ta: