Luna's Living Kitchen

Located beside Evolution and the Atherton Market in historic South End Charlotte, this soy-free vegan restaurant serves mostly raw food. Raw lasagna with cashew cheese, raw stir fry, quinoa-kamut veggie burger, organic fruit-filled breakfasts. There is also a smoothie and juice bar featuring green juices and coconut, almond and hemp milks made in-house. Sells alkaline ionized water. Free wi-fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, Macrobiotic, Raw, American, Juice bar
2102 South Blvd (Cleveland Ave)
Charlotte, North Carolina 28203
704-333-0008

Open Mon-Sat 8am-9pm, closed Sun.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by bostont11
Technicality
Technicality

Luna's Living Kitchen

5 Posted on 01 / 15 / 2014

This place is amazing. The food is so uniquely prepared and fresh, it will alter the way you think about food. It did for me.

The people here are also an asset. They are kind and generous.

Pros: Too many to list - just go
phyl
phyl

• raw

ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!

5 Posted on 01 / 12 / 2014

It is wonderful to find a raw vegan restaurant, but to find one that does it with taste and style AND packs people in the middle of the chicken fried south is beyond Ab Fab! Luna is a treasure. Yes, the space is small, BUT THEY'RE MOVING ACROSS THE PARKING LOT TO A LARGER SPACE! And they're adding wine! I hope they keep my menu favorites: rawco taco, avocado sandwich, veggie burgers, sprout it out! Give Luna a try - you will not be sorry!

Pros: Living/raw!, full of flavor, nice staff
Cons: small space - but they're moving!
zoonoises
zoonoises

My Daily Habit

5 Posted on 12 / 05 / 2013

Disclaimer, I do work here. But it's because I love the food and people so much, I feel lucky to be a part of it. I moved away for the past 8 months, and missed this place every day. Now I'm back, and chowing down. I just tried a newer dish, the Spaghetti Bolognese. Delicious. I have yet to try the Tiramisu, but I'll be rectifying that shortly. The dishes and drinks are always yummy, the staff is friendly and knowledgable. My body thanks me for eating here, and I've lost at least 20 lbs since fixing my eating habits. If you have any questions about vegan and raw diets, you can usually find the answer here. The cafe will be moving across the parking lot to a bigger space in the next few months. Can't wait to see the expansion. Enjoy!

Pros: Tasty, Variety, Friendly Staff
NJCAMANY
NJCAMANY

Awesome! Will go baack whenever in Charlotte.

5 Posted on 11 / 17 / 2013

Wished we lived in the area so we could try every item.
Very creative menu/
Wish there were more of Luna's to be found.

Pros: Menu
Cons: Location
KayePaiva
KayePaiva

Deeee-liciousssssssssssss!!!

5 Posted on 07 / 20 / 2013

just ate lunch today at Luna's Living Kitchen in Charlotte, NC.....voted One of the Best Restaurants Ever!! (by me) all items except the burgers are raw food & vegan........I had the lunasagna and my husband had a burrito wrapped in a collard leaf.....each came with salad w/tahini dressing....we both drank lemonade sweetened with dates and agave syrup....Deeee-liciousssssss!!!!

honeykatbaby
honeykatbaby

• non-vegetarian

First Timer

5 Posted on 06 / 19 / 2013

I must say, I was nervous about going here. Not because I had heard anything bad, just that I have never eaten at a Vegan restaurant before. And can I just say, YUMMY! Will go again.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Excellent Food
Cons: Desert/Juice was pricey
CharTalk
CharTalk

Devine!

5 Posted on 06 / 15 / 2013

Stopped by this restaurant on our way through NC due to the reviews on Happy Cow. All those folks who rated this a '5' weren't wrong. My husband had the Lunazagna and I had the Fire & Brimstone burger. Both were delicious! If you are in the area -or even close - give it a try

Pros: creative & flavorful dishes, good service, good value
Scottie
Scottie

Incredible

5 Posted on 05 / 28 / 2013

One of the best restaurants I've been too. The food was incredible, unique and mouth watering.

I had the Lunasagna (which didn't taste at all like traditional lasagna, but had incredible flavors).

I also had a parfait for breakfast and a chocolate pudding like dessert which knocked my socks off with the thickness and flavors! Absolutely amazing for both vegan and raw!

5 stars!

Pros: Food, Friendly Staff, Dessert!!!
MelissaLosos
MelissaLosos

• raw

good food, not so good juices

4 Posted on 04 / 27 / 2013

very good food, plenty of options for a raw, vegan, gluten, soy free diet!
cute place, nice people, great deserts!
Juices not so good though, they just don’t have the blends right .. either too sweet or just weird tasting , but i really liked the place other than that.

Pros: good food, great deserts
Cons: juices not so good
Ringler
Ringler

luna's living kitchen

5 Posted on 04 / 01 / 2013

We had a great experince at Luna's! The best part was the smoothies. We had three different flavours and they were all great! The food was great as well. We had burgers and wraps (some cooked, some raw) wrapped in collard leaves. We also tried some of their fresh bread with fig spread. We took some dessert and some juice to go and enjoyed them the next day. We would return to Luna's for sure!

Pros: great smoothies and juice, excellent food, nice vibe
Cons: crowded
greenhexi
greenhexi

One of the best vegan restaurants in the world

5 Posted on 12 / 24 / 2012

The food is vegan and raw and just tastes awesome, whatever you have. The place is suiting the concept and everything is prepared fresh. I came here often during my year in Charlotte and even flew down from CT recently to have lunch here. Whatever you eat you can trust the food... at least until recently, now they have bee product in some
of their items and I am still shocked about that... No real explanation was brought forward when I asked the (new?) waitress only that people like it... hello?! people like a lot but that's no reason to add animal products to a vegan restaurant.
Happy to hear that hours have been extended though.

Cons: No longer pure vegan
Kekeli
Kekeli

Wonderful

5 Posted on 10 / 01 / 2012

The food and the owner of Luna's are simply wonderful. Whenever I travel from New York, I make it a point to visit Luna's. This restaurant stands with the best of the best raw vegan restaurants in NYC and throughout the nation that I have tried. All of the salads are wonderful. Gaia's Treasure and the kale with orange dressing are divine.The entrees which I have tried (wraps, kelp noodles, and breakfasts) were delicious, and they were beautifully plated. Juliana is very friendly and knowledgeable. The smoothies are delicious. I am glad for the extended hours, and to see how this very necessary brings all types of people together. I hope they get a raw pastry chef to round out the dessert experience. I almost want to move down there to do it for them! Still, an excellent place, over all.

Pros: Artful Plating, Friendly Owner, Freshest produce
Cons: Slow Service, Prices a little high, Need more desserts
Diana_Z
Diana_Z

Great little restaurant

5 Posted on 08 / 28 / 2012

I've eaten at Luna's a few times and the food is always plant-strong, fresh, healthy and delicious. The servers are very friendly and the atmosphere is very earthy, inviting and organic. Love this place and highly recommend it for vegan and non-vegan alike.

Pros: Vegan, fresh, delicious
Cons: location
bduboff
bduboff

Yummy Yummy Yummy

5 Posted on 03 / 03 / 2012

Being unfamiliar with raw food I wasn't sure what to expect but I came away with a lot of respect for how good it can be. We had the Gaia Treasure which was wonderful, the Fire & Brimstone Burger which was also very good (think falafel burger with great seasonings), the Kale Lemonade which was good but a little bitter and the Chocolate Coconut Pudding with Raspberry's that was simply OMG. We also took with us the Orange Macaroons, some kind of cookies, the Hola Granola and the fresh roasted coffee beans. The whole thing was a fortune but I don't regret it at all.

Pros: friendly, unique, yum
Cons: expensive
thesmilinglion
thesmilinglion

Nutritious & Delicious

5 Posted on 09 / 22 / 2011

Most nutritious & delicious meal to date. Try the West Coast Wrap, Incan Warrior Smoothie, The Pinko Drinko, Kale Lemonade, and/or Raw Chocolate Pudding.

Pros: Delicious Food, Nutritious Food, Good Vibes All Around
SLC
SLC

Excellent food you've probably not seen before

5 Posted on 07 / 22 / 2011

At first I was a little hesitant because of the small menu and the high prices. I ordered their lunasagna. $20 for an iced chai and a "lasagna" (raw food, vegan) seem a lot but when I got my meal I immediately got the price. Everything is fresh and hand-made right there whith the utmost care. This meal was an experience and nothing short of excellent. Also, go there when you have a lot of time. Everything took pretty long.

Pros: Creativity, Quality, Freshness
Cons: small menu, pricy
ryanstachurski
ryanstachurski

Fresh Creative Quality

5 Posted on 01 / 13 / 2011

I've visited a few times since the business reopened as "Luna's" and everything has been the epitome of fresh. The folks who run the place are genuinely happy to provide you with the best, and they demonstrate it with the quality and presentation of their fare. The price may be a little high for Charlotte's low cost of living, and sometimes I've had to wait a little long, but it's always been worth it. The menu is exciting and creative. The city is lucky to have them!

Pros: Quality, Creativity, Dedication
Cons: Price, Speed
hoffmans2
hoffmans2

Great Place

5 Posted on 01 / 06 / 2011

My husband and I like this place so much we actually ate there on our 5 year wedding anniversary! Get the veggie burger if it's your first time.

Pros:

-The food is all real. It's like eating from a garden.
-The staff is very friendly.
-The tables are large (I can't stand restaurants with teeny tables and no space to fit all the food!)
-The artwork is beautiful
-They have some really interesting books on the bookshelf that you can read
-They practice what they preach
-The food is beautifully and artfully arranged, not just thrown on the plate

Cons:

-They can be difficult to find for first timers who are unfamiliar with the area
-Menu items are expensive and it is not feasible for us to eat there more often
-They could use a more spacious seating area. They are located in the same building as and attached to a fitness center, and space feels kind of small for a restaurant with food so expensive.

Pros: food, staff, large tables
Cons: hard to find at first, fairly small
bostont11
bostont11

Vegan Business Traveler's Oasis

5 Posted on 10 / 19 / 2010

As a Vegan/Macrobiotic business traveler it's always challenging to find a good place to eat while on the road. So I was extremely happy to discover Luna's Living Kitchen.

I had lunch there today and the whole expererience was wonderful. The food was excellent, very fresh and alive. The service was genuinely warm and friendly. In fact the entire atmosphere was very postive and full of peaceful energy. (I felt like a regular after one visit!!)

Next time I'm in town on business again I will definitely make a return visit. For those of you living in Charlotte, I'm envious, you have an oasis in a culinary desert you can visit anytime you like.

To the owner's and staff of Luna's, Thank you again for the great meal!!

Pros: Excellent food, healthy cuisine, friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Luna's Living Kitchen: