CLOSED: Lunar Feast

Opened in Mar 2012 as Supreme Vegetarian Cuisine but changed name (and possibly management) in early 2013. It's a spacious Chinese food restaurant that offers Buddhist vegetarian food, which means no onion or garlic used; however egg is used in a few dishes. Extensive menu with mains, many mock meat dishes, as well as some rice and noodle dishes, appetizers, and snacks. Can accommodate large groups. Located in a shopping plaza with lot parking. Reportedly closed and now a non-veg place. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Buddhist, Taiwanese, Take-out
558 W Las Tunas Dr (Baldwin Ave corner)
Arcadia, California 91007
626-445-8882

Open Mon-Sun 11:30am-3pm, 5-9:30pm.

First Review by kenvegan
Chia
Chia

Quick and Tasty

4 Posted on 06 / 28 / 2012

Had read about this place on HappyCow, and ate here in June 2012. Here's my Supreme Vegetarian Cuisine review.

A friend and I came here for lunch. We were given both the lunch special menu as well as the regular a la carte menu. Both extensive, the latter with even more. Quickly we settled on two lunch special dishes to share: the spinach-filled beancurd over spinach and the string bean in dry sauce. With each lunch special comes with choice of rice and soup or porridge and bread.

We also got an order of pan-fried turnip cake, a dish that we both like to have whenever we go to a Chinese veg restaurant.

Overall the food was good and the portions were hearty. Food was served very quickly. Our waitresses were quick on their feet and friendly.

Next time I would like to try somethings from the huge a la carte menu.

biodcel
biodcel

New & Clean

5 Posted on 04 / 08 / 2012

Was looking for some good vegan food after Santa Anita. Went to Happycow and Found this place. New, clean, busy with ample staff. Ordered the lunch special with soup and rice. Quick service they served jasmine tea and I had the orange chicken... Delicious!!!

Pros: Clean, Good service, Good food
Cons: Rest room could be updated, None, None
kenvegan
kenvegan

New Buddhist Vegetarian Restaurant in Arcadia,CA

4 Posted on 03 / 28 / 2012

Just when I thought I had tried every vegan/vegetarian restaurant in the LA metro area, I was delighted to see a new restaurant in Arcadia with the word "Vege." written on the front.

I had an early dinner by myself (at around 4PM) and although I was the only person sitting in the main dining room, there were two large groups sitting in the more exclusive private dining area.

Their menu is quite extensive, and they specialize in Taiwanese/Chinese Buddhist vegetarian cuisine.

Each meal commences with a sweet pickled cabbage, which I found quite tasty, and a hot pot of refreshing jasmine tea. After five minutes of perusing their menu, I decided to order the Veggie Seafood in an Edible Basket. Although I enjoyed every bite, I felt like some of the meat analogues had not absorbed the spices as much as I would have hoped for. The bottom of the basket had absorbed much of the sauce, and I couldn't resist devouring the rest of the dish with the basket. The combination of the meat analogues, the delicious sauce and the crunch from the edible basket was a real treat!

My waiter brought me my check and some fresh orange slices, which was perfect timing, as I was craving something sweet after my meal.

I plan to go back to try some of the other items on their menu. Their other dishes look phenomenal.

I would certainly recommend this restaurant.

Pros: Food, Presentation, Service

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Lunar Feast: