This vegetarian cafe serves both Khmer and Western food with many vegan options. Has some mock meat dishes. Extensive beverage menu. Has air con. Pleasant cafe ambiance with free Wi-Fi. Dishes range from $1-2. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Western, Khmer
30, Street 430 (Street 494, south of Russian market)
Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Call for hours - tell us

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by giorgio
MMills
MMills

Come for the buffet

Posted on 06 / 09 / 2015

Cheap buffet but make sure you get here at 11.30am as the good stuff goes fast! Fast free WiFi (10mb+/10mb+) until the restaurant gets busy, after then the access point struggles.

Pros: Cheap food, tasty iced americano, roasted mushroom
Cons: A little bit of a language barrier, Buffet only filled once
Ged
Ged

Misleading menu

Posted on 05 / 11 / 2015

Being a vegan living in PP I thought I'd try this place. Menu looked ok, so ordered a noodle dish. Pic showed a bowl with carrots, corn, noodles and other veg, looked tasty. What I actually got was cabbage only in a warm broth with half cooked noodles. When I told them that menu pic was misleading, he just smiled and said he would fix it but I didn't bother. Not up to Evergreens (St 130) standards. Disappointed.

Pros: Cheap, friendly
Cons: misleading menu, bland food
bellatrixblitz
bellatrixblitz

Cheap easy eats

Posted on 07 / 28 / 2012

I was staying at a gueshouse near the Lunar cafe and not wanting to eat the mostly meat street food I had most meals at the Lunar Cafe.

Firstly, the service was lovely. There is a communication barrier because I do not speak Khmer however the staff endeavor to bridge this by being very polite and courteous.

The food isn't amazing, however most of the meals are $1 and a few $2, so you get what you pay for.

The most memorable dishes for me was the mock meat hamburger (I had it without egg) which was very tasty.

My absolute favourite though was the mushrooms, both grilled and fried. Absolutely beautiful.

Free wifi, airconditioning, quiet, clean, comfortable.

Pros: Good service, very cheap, airconditioned

giorgio
giorgio

Happy Time at Lunar Cafe

Posted on 01 / 24 / 2012

Easy to find on 430 street this cafe offer you a variety of tasty food: rise, noodle and mock meat made out of seitan very tasteful and delicate. The manager is gentle and friendly. Me with my wife had rice with seitan (on menu you read mock pork) noodle, and hot tea and got happy and bill only 2 and half dollars!

Cons: healthy cuisine, friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Lunar Cafe: