Plant-based vegan food, has children's menu. Non-smoking and no alchohol. English, Mongolia, Russian spoken. Able to cater events. Relocated in 2014 from 400 meters east of current space. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, International, Mongolian, Take-out
16 Tourist St, FPMT Buddhist Center, 1F (opposite Zanabazar Museum)
Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia 2100036

parksaj
parksaj

Blanca, you beauty!

Posted on 03 / 28 / 2015

After reading the reviews on happycow, I decided I had to check this out while in UB. I was not disappointed!

For mains, my girlfriend had the soy meat chunks with mash potato/gravy and I had the 'Mongo Combo Plate'. We were incredibly happy with these after a 30 hour train journey from Beijing!

We also had the ginger and sesame tea (which I loved, but too sweet for Emily) and a smoothie (quite small), and finished it all off with the chocolate cake. All were brilliant.

We liked it so much we went back for round two a few days later. This time, we had the 'Mi Favorista' and another dish that I've forgotten the name of, both were real tasty but fairly small portions.

This time we tried the seabuckthorn juice, which I'd highly recommend, and we finished with the ginger and cinnamon cake w/ walnuts on top, which we both thought was delicious.

Overall, a really lovely place, friendly staff with varied menu, brilliant drink choices and most importantly of course: fantastic food.

Pros: Easy to find, Fridge with mock meats to buy, Helpful and friendly staff
Cons: Slightly small portions
benzol
benzol

delicious, but not all fresh made...

Posted on 03 / 01 / 2015

We had been there five times. It's maybe the best vegan restaurant in UB. The salads are fresh and tasty. Try the carrot salad! yummy!
The vegan cakes are the same like at Cafe Amor. The mock meat dishes are tasty, but the mock meat and the sauce are convenience food out of the plastic bag. You can buy these convenience food also there.
Try also the ginger sesame tea.

Pros: good service, delicious food
Cons: use convenience food
WarrenBeaterferd
WarrenBeaterferd

Best of the best

Posted on 02 / 10 / 2015

Not only the best vegan restaurant in this city, but one of the best vegan / vegetarian restaurants I have ever been to.
High quality ingredients and at the lowest price! Nice service. Friendly atmosphere. Easy to find. Highly recommended!

Pros: Food quality, price, service

srabella
srabella
  • non-vegetarian

Loving Luna Blanca

Posted on 10 / 03 / 2012

I have been to Mongolia a couple times now, and after my first trip and trying Luna Blanca I go back every time I am there. I love all the foods that I have tried there, and I am not even vegetarian or vegan. Everything is very nicely done, and the atmosphere and staff are very good.

vegannomad2
vegannomad2

Great good and ambiance

Posted on 06 / 07 / 2012

Delightful service, ambiance, food, huge selection of eat in and take out vegan food. Quiet side street location very close to the city center. Three of us tried several entrees and deserts - everything was good. Would definitely go back. Amazing for this small city to have over 30 vegan restaurants. Quite a delight.

Pros: Tasty food, Great ambiance, Friendly staff
RichBeBe
RichBeBe

Close your eyes and pick your can't go wrong

Posted on 01 / 20 / 2012

Once we went there went no where else. The service, good, atmosphere, it was all perfect.

Pros: Traveler friendly, Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
earthville
earthville

Tasty, friendly veggie heaven in Ulaanbaatar

Posted on 05 / 30 / 2010

Luna Blanca is one of my new favorites. I ate there several times while in UB, so i got to sample almost all of the menu, which is essentially vegan except for a few items with optional cheese (clearly marked on the menu). For my taste, everything was quite good.

The restaurant was founded by three sisters, and all the cheerful staff are meditators. Some speak English quite well.

Faves: Mongol Combo Plate, Ariun Zoog, Chef Salad, vegan cheesecake, ginger tea with sesame

Good: Luna Blanca special soup, homemade noodles Mongol style, Yin & Yang (vegan BBQ fish), chocolate cake, cookies, hawthorn juice

OK: Shish kebab (fine, but less interesting than other comparable items, IMHO), muffins, seabuckthorn juice (recommended only for the adventurous)

Note that the place can be packed with locals during the lunch rush.

As of May 2010, the map is wrong, so to be clear: Luna Blanca is about a block and a half west of Sukhbaatar Square. Start at the National Museum of Mongolian History and walk westward down Juulchin Gudamj (the same street as the entrance to the museum), and you'll find Luna Blanca less than 2 blocks down on the left, behind a "Japanese garden" that's more like a small park.

Pros: Very tasty & almost totally vegan, Friendly, comfortable atmosphere, Very good value for the quality
otaramari
otaramari

Lunalicious

Posted on 09 / 02 / 2009

It's a great little place hidden by the Asashoryu Garden, just west of the Sukhbaatar Square. A five minute walk from the UB Guesthouse. Came upon it by chance really. The shish-kebab was excellent. A bit pricier than most restaurants, but very reasonable for a vegan friendly restaurant. Don't forget to pick up some of those delicious 1000T cookies on your way out.

Pros: friendly staff, good value, excellent cookies
Cons: none
Pea
Pea

Delicious

Posted on 06 / 30 / 2009

This place is really great. We eat here every day while in the ciy. Delicious salads (the chef salad is superb) and very good fake meat dishes. they also sell the salad dressing and 'meat'. Vegan cakes, herbal teas, english menu, nice staff and not expensive. A little vegan/veggy heaven in a very meat and dairy country. very popular with mongolians and westerners, dont miss it!

Pros: excellent food, good price, nice atmosphere
Cons: none