Serves meat, veg options available. Located in the light and peaceful Lumen church, this cafe provides an extensive lunch menu of sandwiches, quiche, tortillas, pasta, risotto, potato cakes, falafel, and more. Also serves cakes and coffee. Has Wi-Fi access and a tranquil garden to the rear of the building. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, English, European, Mediterranean Fusion, Take-out, Non-veg
88 Tavistock Place, Kings Cross

bencamps
bencamps

Doing Everything the Right Way

Posted on 01 / 10 / 2013

I visited Lumen Cafe just before Christmas with my mum and sister. The cafe is almost entirely organic, has locally sourced ingredients, supports small farmers, fairtrade, are soon to grow their own salad and herbs in their garden and all dishes are made on site! There is a large range of organic juices and fairtrade coffees. There were I think 3 or more vegan options on the menu when we went and the friendly staff were able to advise. My mum and I had a kind of stew made from spicy lentil, sweet potato, carrot and parsnip. This came with rice and a fresh, zesty salad. My sister had the falafel meal. We all really enjoyed our food which was reasonably priced. The only thing that was a little surreal was the church organ music... but then the cafe is in a church!

Dear Owner and Manager of Lumen Cafe: