Saint Louis area vegan food truck operator, opened this brick and mortar location in May 2014. The food truck continues to caters at events - check its webpage for latest times. The restaurant offers a more extensive vegan menu with items like sweet potato burger, sweet potato falafel wrap, buffalo cauliflower wrap, kale salad, and stuffed avocado boats. Street parking only. Closed Tue. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out

Emily_Francine
Emily_Francine

Savory Menu, Very Friendly Staff

Posted on 02 / 28 / 2015

Savory menu food, cool art work, and friendly staff. Winter menu focuses on butternut squash, potatoes and cauliflower in bowls, wraps, tacos and burgers. I enjoyed the Quinoa bowl, especially the paring of the butternut squash with the walnut pesto sauce. I invited 4 non-vegans and they really liked the falafel wrap, tater tots and chili. The falafel wrap smelled amazing and looked like a gyro! They have a few gluten free options. Non-vegans liked the ranch sauce but felt so so on the butternut squash cheese. Unfortunately by 8:00 they had sold out of the special cupcakes so if you want dessert you should arrive earlier. I will definitely go back and bring more friends to try it. All of the staff members had a lot of enthusiasm for the food and enjoyed talking to customers. It's nice to go to a restaurant where they're excited to welcome new people.
Updated from previous review on Saturday February 28, 2015

Pros: Tasty Food Parings, Cool & Casual Vibe, Lots of Beer Options
Cons: Street Parking, Only 1 Salad Option
monilove71
monilove71
  • herbivore

So happy I learned about this place!

Posted on 02 / 21 / 2015

I am transitioning to a whole food, plant base diet. I was excited about this place. Lulu and her staff were super friendly and proud of their food, which they should be. It was delicious, filling and affordable! I was happy to see that they offer call in carry-out. Will absolutely be coming back.

Pros: whole food, plant-based food , affordable , bike rack outside
tasharena
tasharena

Go immediately - you won't regret it!

Posted on 02 / 16 / 2015

The food is out of this world! Awesome location, friendly staff!

OrganicSTL
OrganicSTL
  • non-vegetarian

Great use of local and organic! Allergen friendly!

Posted on 02 / 10 / 2015

We were pleased by their use of many local and organic ingredients, and the variety of menu options including gluten free and vegetarian! We will definitely be back soon to try everything that we didn’t get this time around! Check out our blog for more information!

Tigra220
Tigra220

Experience Renewed...

Posted on 01 / 28 / 2015

I gave them another try on my recent trip home and I received EXCELLENT service and food! I'm a fan!

Updated from previous review on Monday November 17, 2014

UPDATE:
I received an apology from the owners & an explanation of the misunderstandings that took place. I have updated my rating to reflect that,
& I'll give them another try.

BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER BITES:
Delicious! No complaints, whatsoever, about this dish, which was my favorite out of what I tasted. Excellent flavor, mild spice level (to me, but I do have a high spice tolerance).

KALE SALAD:
Tasty, healthy option as a starter or light lunch. They forgot the salad dressing, however, so I had to drive all the way back down to the south side (a 45 min drive) to get that dressing.

TATER TOTS:
I ordered 2 orders because I LOVE potatoes and I'd heard (read) so much about them and how spicy they were. The menu description indicates that they have a cajun seasoning... They did not. Or should I say, my orders did not. Despite my high spice tolerance, I can still taste the presence of spice, when it exists. It did not. I'm thinking that mine got made sans cajun seasoning, so to my dismay they were just regular ole tots. However, the spicy chipotle dipping sauce was yummy!

CAULIFLOWER PO BOY:
The cauliflower, spices, and that "spicy" remoulade sauce (it was not spicy, at all) were very good & flavorful. The french baguette was too hard, so I couldn't bite into it and eat it as a sandwich. The bread basically served as a bowl, and we just ate the toppings/fillings.

BUFFALO BLUE BURGER:
Solid dish. Fresh, tasty, & the pretzel bun was the perfect accompaniment to the burger patty. The taste of sweet potato in their sweet potato black bean patty is prevalent, so keep that in mind if you're not a big fan of the orange potato. My mother (she LOVED it) is still talking about this burger, a week later.

The food, in general, is ok. Some great dishes, some ok dishes. The customer service is where they suffer. I called in my order @ 45 minutes prior to arrival and still had to wait @ 10-15 minutes upon arrival. When the food was finally ready, there was some guy (not the nice young man who rang me out at the front counter; he was very helpful) who 1- gave me a dirty, "what do you want" look, 2-wouldn't talk to me, but held my food hostage while he tried to confirm that I had already paid for my $40+ tab, and wasn't trying to steal it. I was appalled, frustrated, & annoyed.

Pros: yummy buffalo cauliflower bites & sauces, eco-friendly to-go containers, all vegan & supports local businesses
Cons: double-check any to-go orders, weekend parking is a nightmare
MeM
MeM

hooray Lulu's!

Posted on 01 / 24 / 2015

I was so excited when they announced a brick and mortar location. Their food is delicious and reasonable. My boyfriend thinks its a little spicy (as he steals another buffalo cauliflower bite) so I dont eat there as much as I would like.

Buffalo cauliflower bites are ridiculously good, amazing job with all their sauces. Buffalo blue burger: Spicy, creamy, crunchy, filling! (my favorite part, I'm not a carrot sticks and kale water sort of vegan... I want FOOD that's delicious and satisfying and Lulu's has it) sweet potato falafel-wish it was crispier but that's a personal preference. Sweet potato flatbread was very yummy and I hope the kale and shaved brussel sprouts Caesar salad becomes an everyday menu item, VERY good!!

So happy they're here!

Pros: unbelievable food
Cons: sometimes inexperienced staff
JimGOdessa
JimGOdessa

Comfort Food!

Posted on 01 / 08 / 2015

Nice atmosphere, clean and well kept. Started with the buffalo cauliflower bites. The dipping sauce was awesome and portion was great especially since it was only $5.95. Winter quinoa bowl was really amazing, one of the best kale/quinoa combos I've had. The place does a great job on all the sauces too. Looking forward to the next road trip that puts us through St. Louis so we can done here again.

hippie2783
hippie2783

Wonderful!!

Posted on 08 / 11 / 2014

great place!! such good food and service! will be back again!!

fondducoeur
fondducoeur

Love Lulu's

Posted on 04 / 16 / 2014

Lulu's Local Eatery Food truck is such a great addition to STL. If its stops were a little more convenient to where I work, I would be there very often. They have a large, very creative menu, although in my experience they are often out of several things (which I think is excusable with a food truck). It is all vegan and the food is flavorful. I especially like their avocado boat, which is stuffed with quinoa and topped with a creamy chipotle sauce. I am intrigued by such items as the orange cauliflower and the spring roll burrito, but haven't tried them yet.
It is a little more expensive than typical food trucks, but still not expensive. They will be opening a brick and mortar store this spring, so I am definitely looking forward to that.
One negative comment is that there are often long lines and preparing the food takes time so it can often take a while to get your food. Understandable, but worth knowing.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday April 16, 2014

Pros: Creative Menu, Rather Large Menu for a food truck, Very tasty
Cons: Long lines, Little Parking in their normal locations
rajdhar
rajdhar

Consistently best (mobile) vegetarian in St. Louis

Posted on 03 / 16 / 2014

What's better than inventive and delicious vegetarian wraps and other lunch options? A vegan food truck that brings aforesaid veggie delights to your door- (or work-) step. We are lucky to have Lulu's visit our workplace at least once a week, and their options always provide consistent favorites (the legendary sweet potato falafel wrap) as well as some new flavors (buffalo cauliflower wrap this past week). Service is friendly, prices are reasonable ($7-$9), so it's my go-to favorite for a quick lunch.
Updated from previous review on Sunday March 16, 2014

Pros: mobile (food truck0, flavorful , innovative
Cons: sauces can be a little creamy

Dear Owner and Manager of Lulu's Local Eatery: