Saint Louis area vegan food truck operator, opened this brick and mortar location in May 2014. The food truck continues to caters at events - check its webpage for latest times. The restaurant offers a more extensive vegan menu with items like sweet potato burger, sweet potato falafel wrap, buffalo cauliflower wrap, kale salad, and stuffed avocado boats. Street parking only. Closed Tue. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out

Mon 12:00pm-9:00pm, Wed-Thu 12:00pm-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 12:00pm-10:00pm

First Review by rajdhar
Tigra220
Tigra220

Not the Greatest Experience...

Posted on 11 / 17 / 2014

UPDATE:
I received an apology from the owners & an explanation of the misunderstandings that took place. I have updated my rating to reflect that,
& I'll give them another try.

As a native St.Louisan who has only been gone a couple of years, when I found out about this place I was so very extremely elated to try them on my next visit back home.

My order -
BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER BITES:
Delicious! No complaints, whatsoever, about this dish, which was my favorite out of what I tasted. Excellent flavor, mild spice level (to me, but I do have a high spice tolerance).

KALE SALAD:
Tasty, healthy option as a starter or light lunch. They forgot the salad dressing, however, so I had to drive all the way back down to the south side (a 45 min drive) to get that dressing.

TATER TOTS:
I ordered 2 orders because I LOVE potatoes and I'd heard (read) so much about them and how spicy they were. The menu description indicates that they have a cajun seasoning... They did not. Or should I say, my orders did not. Despite my high spice tolerance, I can still taste the presence of spice, when it exists. It did not. I'm thinking that mine got made sans cajun seasoning, so to my dismay they were just regular ole tots. However, the spicy chipotle dipping sauce was yummy!

CAULIFLOWER PO BOY:
The cauliflower, spices, and that "spicy" remoulade sauce (it was not spicy, at all) were very good & flavorful. The french baguette was too hard, so I couldn't bite into it and eat it as a sandwich. The bread basically served as a bowl, and we just ate the toppings/fillings.

BUFFALO BLUE BURGER:
Solid dish. Fresh, tasty, & the pretzel bun was the perfect accompaniment to the burger patty. The taste of sweet potato in their sweet potato black bean patty is prevalent, so keep that in mind if you're not a big fan of the orange potato. My mother (she LOVED it) is still talking about this burger, a week later.

The food, in general, is ok. Some great dishes, some ok dishes. The customer service is where they suffer. I called in my order @ 45 minutes prior to arrival and still had to wait @ 10-15 minutes upon arrival. When the food was finally ready, there was some guy (not the nice young man who rang me out at the front counter; he was very helpful) who 1- gave me a dirty, "what do you want" look, 2-wouldn't talk to me, but held my food hostage while he tried to confirm that I had already paid for my $40+ tab, and wasn't trying to steal it. I was appalled, frustrated, & annoyed.

Pros: yummy buffalo cauliflower bites & sauces, eco-friendly to-go containers, all vegan & supports local businesses
Cons: double-check any to-go orders, weekend parking is scarce
hippie2783
hippie2783

Wonderful!!

Posted on 08 / 11 / 2014

great place!! such good food and service! will be back again!!

fondducoeur
fondducoeur

Love Lulu's

Posted on 04 / 16 / 2014

Lulu's Local Eatery Food truck is such a great addition to STL. If its stops were a little more convenient to where I work, I would be there very often. They have a large, very creative menu, although in my experience they are often out of several things (which I think is excusable with a food truck). It is all vegan and the food is flavorful. I especially like their avocado boat, which is stuffed with quinoa and topped with a creamy chipotle sauce. I am intrigued by such items as the orange cauliflower and the spring roll burrito, but haven't tried them yet.
It is a little more expensive than typical food trucks, but still not expensive. They will be opening a brick and mortar store this spring, so I am definitely looking forward to that.
One negative comment is that there are often long lines and preparing the food takes time so it can often take a while to get your food. Understandable, but worth knowing.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday April 16, 2014

Pros: Creative Menu, Rather Large Menu for a food truck, Very tasty
Cons: Long lines, Little Parking in their normal locations

rajdhar
rajdhar

Consistently best (mobile) vegetarian in St. Louis

Posted on 03 / 16 / 2014

What's better than inventive and delicious vegetarian wraps and other lunch options? A vegan food truck that brings aforesaid veggie delights to your door- (or work-) step. We are lucky to have Lulu's visit our workplace at least once a week, and their options always provide consistent favorites (the legendary sweet potato falafel wrap) as well as some new flavors (buffalo cauliflower wrap this past week). Service is friendly, prices are reasonable ($7-$9), so it's my go-to favorite for a quick lunch.
Updated from previous review on Sunday March 16, 2014

Pros: mobile (food truck0, flavorful , innovative
Cons: sauces can be a little creamy

Dear Owner and Manager of Lulu's Local Eatery: