Lucy's Vegan Food

Menu is free of animal products, gluten, and sugar. Beverages include gluten-free beer, chemical free wine, and tea. Casual, opened Nov 2012. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Western, Slovakian, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by borskaveggie
Lucia23
Lucia23

A place to follow

3 Posted on 02 / 28 / 2014

If you are thinking "vegetarian/vegan is not for me" or "vegetarian/vegan places are too hippy" then I suggest you dispense with those thoughts and go to Lucy's!

This is a great space. It has the ambiance, a knowledgeable wait staff who does not hesitate to provide both explanations and recommendations for food and beverage and Thoughtfully prepared food.
Not the "best vegan place" in town, but definitely one to follow"

Pros: the space, the team, the food
Henry_Flower
Henry_Flower

A Little Gem

5 Posted on 02 / 01 / 2014

Lucy's is a great addition to the Bratislava vegetarian scene. It's walking distance from the centre (or easily accessible by public transport -- it's near the main bus station, autobusova stanica).

The owners speak perfect English and have an English menu available, though as it's lunchtime only, the cafe is mainly aimed at people working in the city.

The premises are small, though I've always found a seat there. Another alternative which they offer is to get your food as a takeaway.

The menu is short, but all the food on it is delicious, and servings are satisfyingly large. They also offer a wide range of teas to go with your meal.

Pros: Great food, Friendly staff, Central location
Cons: Limited menu, Small premises
Broccoli7
Broccoli7

Lovely fresh food

4 Posted on 01 / 14 / 2014

On a short get away to Bratislava we ate here twice, as the first time the food was so pleasant, fresh and tasty. Prices are typical for central Europe, all food is prepared on the go after you order. The cafe is small, has about 5 tables, so has a cosy atmosphere. I had the main dish twice, once tamarind rice and once coconut and thai noodles, both was delicious. All food is also gluten free.

happygoat88
happygoat88

Glad we found this almost untouched pearl :)

5 Posted on 09 / 02 / 2013

Had a great evening at Lucys together with my partner this spring 2013. Really loved all the food and got some new ideas for future tastebud experiences. Also had a great chat some cozy evening with mr and mrs Lucys ;).

Main dishes, dessert and local wines was all brilliant and I will without doubts go back if I visit Bratislava again.

Warm greetings from Sweden!

Pros: Warm atmosphere and staff, Brilliant and new creative choices!!!, Nice local wines
Cons: Couldn't stop eating ;)
peeeeete90
peeeeete90

Amazing food experience - highly recommend!

5 Posted on 08 / 20 / 2013

My girlfriend and I spent two days in Bratislava as part of a European tour, and the food we ate at Lucy's was the best we had on our whole trip! Anyone passing through Bratislava should try it out, whether vegan, veggie or otherwise. The owners were very friendly and welcoming, the food was amazing, beautifully cooked to order in front of our eyes, and I'd particularly recommend their gluten-free beer which was absolutely delicious. The whole experience was brilliant value for money and we hope to return some day to sample more of their awesome food - thanks guys!

torchs
torchs

Excellent Food

5 Posted on 05 / 25 / 2013

Lucy's restaurant is a small place but offers a surprisingly large variety of tasty, vegan and gluten free foods. Lucy and her husband run this place. They are extremely nice and welcoming. I highly recommend this place for the high quality of the food, for the amazing gluten-free deserts and for the nice atmosphere.

borskaveggie
borskaveggie

Good for travellers

5 Posted on 12 / 11 / 2012

Bratislava is not an easy place to avoid animal products so Lucy's is a welcome find. The owners are very friendly and bilingual in English and Slovak. I ate the veggie rolls, the pesto pasta and a date ball. It was a satisfying meal in a pleasant environment. I was pleased to find Lucy's serves beer too. I thought the prices were reasonable, with my three courses and a beer coming to €12.50. Strongly recommended; I'll be going back when I get a chance.

Pros: Tasty food, friendly, English spoken, serves beer

Dear Owner and Manager of Lucy's Vegan Food: