Serves meat, veg options available. Small, predominantly vegan, Ethiopian cafe close to the Symphony Hall which also acts as a gallery for Ethiopian art. Has vegetarian section on menu, with only two appetizers that are not vegan. All combo meals are vegan. Organic produce is used when possible. Has Ethiopian language lesson on one of the walls. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ethiopian, Organic, Non-veg
334 Massachusetts Ave (Huntington Ave)
Boston, Massachusetts 02115
617-536-0415
Closed now

Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:30pm, Fri 11:00am-10:00pm, Sat 10:30am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-9:30pm

First Review by sglcklch
Alliz
Alliz

Peanut Soy Tea & Peaceful City Retreat

Posted on 12 / 27 / 2013

3 stars for food variety but 4 stars for being an awesome cafe!
4 stars for quality (Ethiopian delicacies)
5 stars for customer service

Really friendly and warm place to grab a light bite or drink teas (especially in the winter). The traditional dining is simple and very specific in taste, but a pallet I enjoy nevertheless.

The veggie combo is vegan friendly, and the peanut tea made with soy milk (ASK for it), is addictive. The traditional ginger tea always clears me up if I have the sniffles or am looking for a energy pick-me-up in the day.

This is the most peaceful cafe environment in Boston. Perfect alone or for an intimate moment with a friend, walk into their calm world for a second.

Pros: Value for quality drink selection, Genuinly friendly staff, Private and not busy
Cons: Afew tasty choices for vegans, Pricy for basic food
sglcklch
sglcklch

Was alright

Posted on 09 / 01 / 2012

It's been a couple of months since my boyfriend and I had lunch here, so this review might not be the most up-to-date. I remember the food was pretty decent, but definitely not as good as a lot of other reviews I had read elsewhere suggested. Also I didn't like that they served the food on plates instead of on a big piece of injera like every other Ethiopian restaurant I have been to did. The whole meal was fairly cheap though, and the ethnic decor was kinda nice. Location was convenient, right by the symphony hall. However we drove here and had a tough time finding parking.

I wouldn't go out of my way to come here for the food as there are IMO better Ethiopian options in Boston area. But if you happen to be around and want something vegan, tasty and affordable, you can't go wrong with this place.

Pros: location, value

Dear Owner and Manager of Lucy Ethiopian Cafe: