Lucky's Taproom and Eatery

Serves meat, veg options available. Opened in March 2011, nearly half of the menu can be made vegan, including burgers, turkey/ham sandwiches, hot dogs, chili, quesadillas, tacos and more. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

SarahMichelle
SarahMichelle

Love to Visit

Posted on 06 / 12 / 2013

This is the only restaurant in Dayton that I insist on going to whenever We are in town. When we visit my in-laws, this place is a must! My husband loves the chili, my daughter loves the hot dogs and I love it all. The seitan nuggets are great- it is not something I find anywhere else or would make at home.
I wish it was a stand alone restaurant and not a bar. I feel so weird having my kid in there. We only go for lunch so it isn't loud though and they are kid friendly.
If you are reading this and wondering whether to try Lucky's... Do it! You'll be glad you did.

Pros: They have a separate Veg grill , Homemade seitan, Lists of food for your money
Cons: Looks dark rand seedy, The Veg options cost more than meat
xsamx
xsamx

Good stuff, mostly soy/wheat meat

Posted on 10 / 29 / 2012

Tried this place out late Monday evening. Glad to see so many vegan options on one menu! We had the seitan wings which were great (BBQ sauce is totally vegan with no honey!) and the vegan reuben with veggie turkey (tofurkey) along with daiya cheese. The sandwich was so-so; tofurky was so tough it would kind of fall out of the sandwich when I ate it. Fries were good. The other people in my party had good food, though.

Overall this place is rad and I would return. They really do try with vegan options and in a town like Dayton, that means something.

*Vegan In Dayton*
*Vegan In Dayton*

This place caters to vegans!

Posted on 08 / 01 / 2011

I love this place so much I dream about it, especially the vegan quesadillas with soyrizo. Also good are the vegan hot dogs (and buns) loaded with chili and cheese (daiya). I adore the sweet potato fries and the salads and soups are great too. They even have vegan ranch dressing! Other items include peanut butter cookies, fried pickles, fake ham & cheese (yves), a soyburger, and a chickpea burger. I'm not one for yves products much, but the burgers are made there and are good. Not very tall, but very good.

Their beer is also amazing. They have craft brews and locals like Hudie. The tvs are a little jarring at first but you can phase them out after a minute. I've always found the staff to be courteous and genuine, but sometimes I find regular sour cream on the side of my quesadilla. As of now, they don't carry that. It hasn't happened lately, so maybe it's just an opening *duh* moment.

It's a bit tiny but it rarely fills up. I think it's pretty affordable.

Pros: vegan and vegetarian, beer, their own parking lot
Cons: tiny, can be noisy sometimes, oregon district has festivals sometimes

julesy bear
julesy bear

decent vegan food

Posted on 07 / 23 / 2011

I have eaten there twice and found that the vegan items are plentiful but can be hit or miss. Friends had the vegan ham and cheese and it was the same as you would make it at home--too basic and not exciting at all. I had the vegan hot dog with vegan tequila chili and daiya. It was loaded with good stuff and very tasty. I got two huge loaded dogs and a plate of delicious sweet potato fries for $8! They also had vegan peanut butter cookies that rocked. Husband had vegan burger and thought it was good--little charred from grill but he liked that. They have a huge and interesting beer menu as well and pinball machines! We plan to go again next time we are in the Oregon District.

Pros: several vegan options, sweet potato fries rock, vast beer selection
Cons: some vegan items need work, loud bar scene

Dear Owner and Manager of Lucky's Taproom and Eatery: