CLOSED: Lu Fu Yuan

Opened in 2009. Offers many mock meat dishes and basic stir-frys. The atmosphere is plain but the food is good. Menu is in Chinese with some food pictures. Around 30rmb/person. Also sells books on vegetarianism written in Chinese. The restaurant has a sign "รงยดย " (vegetarian) on the window. CLOSED SUMMER 2013. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Chinese

form
form

eat at your own risk

Posted on 07 / 30 / 2013

We found strange unidentifiable things in our food and the vegetables tasted rotten. But the owner was very nice and helpful.

Pros: friendly, English menu, helpful
Cons: dirty, slow
Virogen
Virogen

Nice, Simple Eatery

Posted on 10 / 04 / 2012

The food is okay - I tried the sweet and sour mock pork and it was not crispy on the outside and a bit doughy on the inside. I also had their dumplings, and those were very good, and very affordable. Nice people, definitely worth supporting. It's all vegan as I gave her a vegan translation and she seemed to understand and agree that the food was.

Pros: Good Value, Local, Good Food
Cons: Inconsistent Quality
Ellah
Ellah

Great veggie food

Posted on 04 / 30 / 2011

The restaurant is actually located at Zhuzi Alley (not Lane) and retrievable on the tourist map of Guilin. Google maps couldn't find it, and the house number did not help me, but it's just to the south of Minzu road. The food is really good: the fried lotus root with tomato sauce was delicious, the eggplant was good, as was the dumpling soup. Yes, I did over eat, but you can ask for half portions if you're alone. It cost me 48 Yuan. The only downside is that it''s not the cleanest place I've ever eaten, but still very much worth eating there.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, very good value
Cons: could be cleaner, not so easy to find at first

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Lu Fu Yuan: