A living food, raw food restaurant in southwest Atlanta. Meals are prepared fresh upon ordering. Features artwork and sometimes live music and other events. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, All Raw, Organic, American, Juice bar, Take-out
2796 E Point St (1 block from Marta Rail East Point station)
East Point, Georgia 30344
404-765-9220

Open Tue-Sun 1pm-8pm, closed Mon.

First Review by myhealing
MalikahJoseph
MalikahJoseph

Delish food but wait is DISGUSTING!

5 Posted on 03 / 06 / 2014

I love this food. It is soooo good. I learned back in 07 to call ahead. I moved away from the area for a while, but immediately begin to frequent again once I came back. However, the wait issues have not changed. I called in my order, got there 2 hours later and still had to wait 30 minutes for my food to be ready. I ate it all up once I got home with a smile on my face though. I love the food but the wait is disgusting!

Pros: Nachos on point, desserts are heaven, juices yummy
Cons: Horrible Wait, wait, wait
calamaestra
calamaestra

wonderful

5 Posted on 11 / 28 / 2013

This restaurant is very quaint. The food is the best I've tasted and everything is vegan. It is a little expensive, but totally worth the cost.
Updated from previous review on Friday August 30, 2013

Pros: food, staff, atmosphere
_gurkans_
_gurkans_

good, for sure

4 Posted on 10 / 03 / 2013

We came late and there was no other people there. We decided to eat anyway, and there's no regrets. Ordered salad for starter. Perfectly dressed and served at room temp. Very tasty with a lot of acidity, but still, with taste of the lettuce.
Had the pizza for main. It was good. Well seasoned to hot(sort of). All fresh, all tasty.
Service was a bit slow/super laid back, but very kind. Guessing it had to do with the philosophy of it all; Let the food be your medicine!

Pros: taste, heart
Cons: closes early, not the most charming setting

sikhidas
sikhidas

Welcome To The Hilton Vegan

3 Posted on 08 / 04 / 2013

The greeting was nice,they offered let us in early.a pluss if its raining. We where seated according to our choice which i find important for customers,especialy first timers.the place was clean and little small but ok.
We sat down and where given the menu.at first there chitter chatter, and then thier was silence.i looked up and the people i was with where having kipictions.what is wrong i asked.did u see the price,the drinks where frm ten and up for thier own drinks.i gulped and they said no way.so suggested they pay for the drinks and we leave.and leave we did pronto.one short note the people i had with me could had paid,but refused on the princible that it was whey over the top.

Pros: Clean, Polite Greeting, All Prepared Meals
Cons: Whey Too Pricey, I Dont Like Glass Table Tops(but Thats Me), Location,location,location
NaomiBlack
NaomiBlack

My favorite!!!

5 Posted on 02 / 10 / 2013

When I lived in ATL I went to this restaurant every chance I got. I loved the stuffed avocado boats, the tostados, and tacos. The only disappointment about this restaurant is that not all the menu items are always available. Naturally, the restaurant is expensive being that it's a raw restaurant-- but the flavor you get is well worth it.

Pros: 100% vegan, RAW, delicious
Cons: pricey, menu items are not always available
SunsetGypsy
SunsetGypsy

Best Raw Foods Restaurant

5 Posted on 07 / 12 / 2012

The staff is so friendly at Lov'n It Live! I had a great time with friends, and we ordered the platter, which consisted of a mock chicken dish, sage burger (amazing), pizza dish...and all to say this was all raw vegan! They have come up with creative ways to attract the public to raw foods and juices. We also had a mango cheesecake (it would be nuts as the base instead of actual cream cheese), and it was the exact consistency it needed to be. The menu is great, so it offers something for everyone. They also have fresh juices and smoothies as well.

Pros: Excellent Food-Five Stars!, Friendly Staff, Nice Atmosphere/Cozy
Cons: None, None, None
Herbielove
Herbielove

Delicious!

5 Posted on 06 / 15 / 2012

I am in love with this organic raw vegan restaurant. I will go back. I can't get enough of the fantastic food. The waitress was very helpful. I told her my food allergies and the chef whipped me up a delightful meal with no problem.

Pros: organic, raw , delicious
HappyHerbivoreJunkie
HappyHerbivoreJunkie

Yum-o!

5 Posted on 06 / 11 / 2012

My spouse, sister and I went to Lov'n It Live for lunch. All the food is fabulous! The soups are divine and I loved the kale salad. Don't miss the strawberry pie it is to die for.

I look forward to going back, every time I visit Atlanta! My spouse, sister and I all have food allergies to a combination of foods: basil, dried herbs, soy, all beans, all grains, peanuts, milk, cayenne pepper, black pepper and eggs. The waitress was very accommodating. I highly recommend this restaurant to everyone on the planet! The organic raw vegan food is worth every penny!
Updated from previous review on Monday June 11, 2012

Pros: organic, raw, delicious!
Healthy4life
Healthy4life

Worth every penny. Delicious!

5 Posted on 06 / 11 / 2012

I stopped here for lunch and ordered a kale salad, longevity soup, sage burger and a slice of mango pie. Every bite was delicious. I have several food allergies and the owner was very accommodating. My only regret is that this restaurant is not in Dallas Texas.

Pros: healthy, organic, live, allergy friendly
pomeroy10
pomeroy10

Great Find! This is the real McCoy!

5 Posted on 07 / 11 / 2011

Wow... as a recent convert to a plant-based diet, I am eager to find really healthy, quality food that helps me in my transition to the my new way of eating. Well, I can't say enough about Lov'n It Live. Immaculate place, smiling, happy server and food that left me with taste buds in a frenzy and a most happy, happy belly when I was done. I had their spinach salad with tomatoes that were out of this world. I also had their "slice" of pizza which is quite possibly one of the most tasty I have every had. People should seek this place out and give it a try. My plan is to tell as many friends as I can about it. Given its location, it may need a little extra support... of which it is certainly worthy based on my experience tonight.

Pros: Super Clean, Quality ingredients, Delicious beyond my expectations
Cons: Need some less expensive beverage option
comahony
comahony

Best meal in Atlanta

5 Posted on 05 / 17 / 2011

We came to Atlanta from New Orleans and planned to stop here just for a slice of pie. We left with 2 slices of pie, cookies, and two entrees! There was so much flavor in everything and the service was fantastic and super friendly. We love this place and wish it was in New Orleans!

Pros: delicious food, spiced just right, friendly service
ajmcclary
ajmcclary

OMG, this place is so good!

5 Posted on 05 / 01 / 2011

I'm not used to raw foods, although I am vegan--so I can definitely appreciate the raw movement.

I went to the restaurant on Thursday and I loved it. It got the spirulina juice, a delicious salad with ginger dressing, and these sage burgers. Everything on the menu was living and had never been cooked. It was fantastic. They really know how to use their vita-mix and dehydrator.

What I love about this place is that it's 3 miles from the airport. So if you're flying in or out of Atlanta, it's the perfect place to get a great lunch or dinner.

Pros: tasty, beautiful, quality
Cons: expensive, didn't take credit cards
sweetheart930
sweetheart930

Some of the best food I have ever had in my life!

5 Posted on 02 / 18 / 2011

We recently stopped at Lov'n It Live while driving through Atlanta on a 5,000+ mile road trip from Tucson, AZ to Wilmington, NC & back. Everyone there was very friendly. The lady who took our order recommended the stuffed avocado, which was seriously one of the best things I have ever eaten in my life, as was the strawberry pie. We also got the tostada, nachos, & mango pie. All the food was wonderful, but the stuffed avocado & the strawberry pie were definitely my favorites. The owner of the place came out to meet us when he heard we were traveling so far, & another staff member came out from the back, too. They all wished us a safe trip & were just so, so nice. The food does take a while to prepare, but I was already aware of that from other reviews, plus there is also a sign at the counter that says to allow at least 30 minutes. They did get our food out right in about 30 minutes, maybe even a little less, & it was definitely worth it. If we're ever in or traveling through the Atlanta area again we will be sure to go back here!

Pros: Amazing food, Extremely friendly staff, Peaceful atmosphere
Lovn it raw
Lovn it raw

Love It

5 Posted on 02 / 04 / 2011

Two years ago I ate at this restaurant when I visited Atlanta. It is the best food ever!! You do not miss cooked food and as a raw food enthusiast I have stopped eating at other raw restaurants (which I only tried once because they do not come close to Lov'n It Live) and am living and saving in the hopes of taking 5 courses at Lov'n It Live!! This restaurant is a treasure. Oh, I must add nice ambience.

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, friendly staff
bhenrich
bhenrich

As close to perfect as it gets

5 Posted on 08 / 25 / 2010

I picked Lov'n It Live for lunch today mostly due to it's proximity to the airport. I've had mixed experiences with raw foods, so I wasn't really sure about even going there. The atmosphere is very pleasant- nice art & music, and the staff was extremely nice. And the food was an experience that has me wanting to take cooking classes there so I can eat like that every day. I was simply blown away by the food. I had a sample platter with the sage burger, Tostado, kale salad, and spagetti. It was a ridiculous amount of food for one person, but I wanted to try a variety of foods. Next time I will have the Tostado or sage burger. Everything was very flavorful and beautifully presented.

The food is not very quick, but it was 10 minutes quicker than they told me it would be. Everything is prepared as you order it.

After 1 lunch I rank this among my favorite few restaurants ever.

Pros: Amazing flavors, Beautiful presentation, Great staff and enviroment
Cons: Not fast food
jlwood987
jlwood987

had to try it

5 Posted on 05 / 02 / 2010

I have been a vegan for 2 years now (vegetarian 16 yrs before that)and just recently thought about a raw diet. I was interested in trying everything and so was my friend and so we shared a sampler. I thought everything was amazing and my friend said if she could eat the nutloaf everyday she would never have to eat meat again. We also had the lasagna, the tostada, and a slice of pizza. For dessert, we has the strawberry coconut pie and again were amazed. Since we knew we would be hungry after the concert we got the nachos to go. We ate all the leftovers and the nachos when we got back to the hotel and it was still some of the best food I have ever had. Will definately be going back.

Pros: server was wonderful about answering ?s, good recommendations by staff, large portions
Cons: kind of difficult to find
Arlene Jullie
Arlene Jullie
  • raw

Wow! Atlanta's got a great raw foods restaurant!

5 Posted on 05 / 24 / 2009

My husband and I flew to Atlanta as his birthday surprise, to take a raw foods cooking class at Loving it Live. We were way more than pleasantly surprised, in fact we were awed and impressed beyond words. The food at Loving it Live was beautifully presented, and tasted incredible, from the nachos to the stuffed avocado, the pizza, nori and collard rolls, the pine nut cheese sauce, mock chicken salad, kale salad, cashew hummus, and best of all, the yummy spice cake and pumpkin seed "ice cream" for dessert. We are foodies, having traveled and eaten all over the world. Loving It Live was by far, hands down, the best vegetarian food we've tasted. The longer-than-typical restaurant wait was because everything was lovingly and individually created to order. We sipped great drinks during our wait: mine was hybiscus, my husband's was lemon. All made right there. The only item we didn't care for was the Vitality soup because it was a little more spicy than we like. Restaurant location is a little tricky to find. Use a GPS or call and they will patiently direct you. We can't wait to go back, and if our travel requires flying through Atlanta, we will stop at Loving It Live for a meal, since they are fifteen minutes from the airport. And in the meantime, since our class, we have some of their prize recipes to use at home.

brainyblonde
brainyblonde

Best Raw Restaurant I've eaten at in the world

5 Posted on 11 / 11 / 2008

I've eaten at some great raw restaurants from California to Florida and even overseas in Europe. This one wins hands down. It's simply the best raw restaurant I have yet to find. I was spending 10 days in Atlanta at the Living Foods Institute completing a raw course there and a group of 12 of us drove down (in our two hybrids no less!) to have a feast on the second to the last day. We did not call in any order ahead of time yet found our food brought out to us in a timely manner once we ordered. I suggest getting a drink to keep you busy until you wait for the food. The tacos were out of the world.. the lasagna was divine (i used to love cheese and this tasted like the real deal!) the stuffed avacado was just perfect, and the Irish Moss Drink? OMG! It was almost as good as the ice cream that came with our brownie for dessert. We didn't want to over do it as we were just finishing a 10 day cleanse with very light raw foods, but I sampled everything and was just blown away! I might have to get back to Atlanta sooner than planned just to eat at this little slice of heaven. I recommend it to raw foodists and non raw foodists alike. Don't tell me it's not the best food you've ever eaten! I'm hoping to Love it live again very soon! :-)

Pros: incredible food, great atmosphere, loved the music too!
Cons: NONE!
msharper0125
msharper0125

Good Food, Poor Service

2 Posted on 08 / 10 / 2008

Yesterday My mother and I decided to try out this restaurant. We placed our orders and waited for at least 45 minutes before anyone came to our table to say anything about our order. After waiting another 20 minutes our salads came out and of course my salad was wrong, but I did not want to wait another hour for a salad. Finally we got our food and it was great. If you decide to eat at this restaurant I suggust that call ahead and order your food two hours in advance.

Pros: Food
Cons: Wait, Staff
  • Lovn it raw Lovn it raw

I think you had a unique experience because I have recommended it to folks and they all gave raving reviews. The food is so good that the wait is negligible. I only waited 15 mins for the first dish because I ordered all the specials for that day (while I was eating one dish they were preparing the next) and there were other customers. They took an average of 20 mins to prepare each of my orders. I understand however that the menu is more extensive now and the dishes more detailed so it may take a little longer now than 2 years ago. I think you ought to rate it higher because the food is like no place else on earth. Look at the other reviews.

• brainyblonde brainyblonde

I would think since the food was great that you might want to give them more than two stars (a very harsh rating) Raw food can take a longer time to prepare than throwing a burger on the grill. They may have had some complicated (but delicious) raw cuisine orders ahead of yours. Again , no reason to rate them so badly.

Guest
Guest

Worth the Wait...if there is one!

5 Posted on 05 / 19 / 2008

On this day we came at 2pm when they opened for lunch. We did not have to wait long and the food was certainly worth waiting for...if we had had to wait! Another review mentioned that they had to wait. Food was beautifully presented and was outrageously good. I look forward to going there again. Also the server was very nice and the general atmosphere was equally nice. Dessert was extremely good too!

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, friendly staff
Cons: not best neighborhood
TheCritic
TheCritic

Poor Service/Time

3 Posted on 03 / 19 / 2008

It's hard to justify wait. Impossible to fit in a lunch schedule, waits 45min to over 1 hour. Maybe order take-out 2 hours in advance.

Pros: Great tasting foods, Clean
Cons: Location, Wait kills all Pros
  • Lovn it raw Lovn it raw

Sorry you feel this way. I feel that the wait is worth it. I place very great importance on good tasting, high quality food that is reasonably priced above wait time. Like you said there is a way around it. Call and order ahead of time.

noah
noah

wow. amazing raw food

5 Posted on 02 / 06 / 2008

I went here for lunch today. I had been craving some good raw food lately, and this place had some good reviews. So I thought I would try it out for myself. The service was great. Everyone in there was very friendly and nice. I had a stuffed avocado for starters, and it was amazing. I also had a glass for carrot/apple juice, which was very fresh and tasty! for the main dish, I had a tostada per their recommendation. This thing came out beautiful. It tasted excellent. I couldnt be more pleased with the service, cleanliness, or food at Lov'n it live. It is that good. And also, the food came out with excellent decoration, and looked just as delicious as it tasted.

Pros: Clean, Amazing, Awsome
going_raw
going_raw

Love It

5 Posted on 11 / 26 / 2007

Visite ATL for the holiday weekend and went to my 1st Raw resturant. I have been a Vegan for 4 months and I am now going raw. I loved everything about this place(only wish I had one close to my home town). The food was awesome, the environment and staff were great as well. I will eat there everytime I visit ATL. I wouldn't change a thing.

ivorygate
ivorygate

best in town

5 Posted on 11 / 15 / 2007

I have been to all of the raw restaurants in Atlanta, and Lov'n It Live surpasses all of them. They made a raw sausage out of walnuts, and I swear it was like eating the sausage from a pizza (it's been quite few years since I've tasted anything like THAT) The lighting was a bit bright for dinner, but these just minor complaints for a job well done (as opposed to a job medium rare)

The pumpkin seed and Irish Moss ice cream was like something out of an ice cream machine on the Jersey Shore Boardwalk. I will be back to this wonderful place every time I visit Atlanta.

Pros: food, service, menu creativity
zaina
zaina

I'm Lovin Lov'n It Live!

5 Posted on 10 / 21 / 2007

I recently was in Atlanta for a conference. I was fortunate enough to dine at Lov'n it Live. The meal was fabulous! The service was fabulous!! Everyone from the waitress, owner, and fellow patrons proved to be friendly and warm. The first night, yes it was sooo good I had to go back for more, my friend and I split the sampler platter. We had nutloaf, sweet and sour veggies, nori rolls, lasagne and kale salad...scrumptious! We also had carob ice cream and took a brownie back to the hotel. The next night we were fortunate enough to eat fabulous food (pizza, nachos, and vanilla ice cream!) and partake in Spoken Word! It was a great evening. If you are ever in Atlanta, you must visit Lov'n it Live!!! It is a TREASURE!

Soundmind
Soundmind

Great Raw Food Restaurant

4 Posted on 08 / 27 / 2007

Lov'n It Live is my favorite Raw Food restaurant. The food, ambiance and the people are all superb. The staff is friendly and the service is great. The food is served elegantly and I feel like a Queen whenever I eat there. Lov'n It Live is a MUST DO for vegetarians and non-vegetarians.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly Staff, Excellent portions
Cons: Too far , A little pricey
soyqueen01
soyqueen01

"Lov'n it Live" is awesome

5 Posted on 08 / 11 / 2007

I just want to say that the "tostado" at "Lov'n it Live" in SW Atlanta is soooo good. I have to go back there and try the pizza and other live/raw foods. It's right on the MARTA rail line, and they have a great atmosphere for dining in. Not horribly expensive either. The food truly is fantastic. oh - and yes, I have heard that it does take at least an hour for them to freshly prepare your food to order, but it isn't true that you cannot call and order in advance. I called and they read the entire menu off for me, and the food was ready and fresh when I came to pick it up.

TRY IT.

Pros: excellent fresh made-to-order food, pleasant atmosphere, excellent customer service
pokerjoker
pokerjoker

Heaven

5 Posted on 05 / 18 / 2007

Freakin fabulous. I was lost, I called, they gave great directions. Four people, we all shared the green moss drink...perfection...the pizza, spaghetti, tostada, and tacos. Everything was incredibley delicious. Parking is easy, service is relaxed, wonderful, takes awhile for a full meal as any freshly made food should. Although I thought the menu choices sounded samo' same old, they were actually a very high class spin on what I expected to be able to make at home. Obliviously lots of time and effort went into preperation. I've had lots of food in lots of cities and this is my number one. Don't miss it for the world; it's worth going out of your way. Thanks lov'n it live.

Pros: unique food, Sense of welcome
Cons: Make sure you have time
HappyCat_Tom
HappyCat_Tom

Most Awesome Dining Experience in My Lifetime

5 Posted on 03 / 07 / 2007

The keyword is "dining" for this truly fantastic restaurant. It is not a fast food joint as others have stated, but a class establishment with fabulous food choices that are supremely healthy & over-the-top delicious. Add to that an extremely friendly staff that desires to please & to interact to learn more, discuss issues (even a table where a lively & interesting discussion was going on ... ate & listened ... have to go back for live music next time) & provide healthy opportunities to customers in the form of books/pamphletts/event announcements to read while your food is being carefully & artistically prepared, cooking lessons to improve your health, etc. Simple a divine place to grow healthier in mind, body & spirit. Thanks Lov'n It Live ... we'll be back ! ! !

Pros: excellent cuisine, artistically presented, friendly & knowledgeable
Cons: NONE
myhealing
myhealing

Really Good

4 Posted on 03 / 06 / 2007

I've eaten here a few times and I normally order the same things (irish moss, collard roll, brownie)but today I decided to try something different - The "Tostado", it was one of this best dishes that I have ever had. Their irish moss drink is the best in atlanta. I did wait about an hour for my take-out order but I can honestly say that it was well worth the wait. I would advise you to plan to be there for at least an hour for take-out. There are ways that they could shorten the wait but I belive that the quality of the food would suffer.

Pros: Clean Creative Menu Items, Made to order, Organic
Cons: Wait, Business Hours, Parking

Dear Owner and Manager of Lov'n It Live: