Vegan restaurant operating since 2012; moved from 5109 Coors Blvd NW Unit E, fall 2013. Prices range from around $2 for a miso soup to $14 for a bento box. Different choices of vegan sushi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Asian, Japanese, Take-out
3409 Central Ave NE
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87106
505-890-1555

Open Sun-Thur 11am-9:30pm, Fri-Sat 11am-9:30pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by jnnmm552
vsvihla
vsvihla

Love Loving Vegan!

5 Posted on 06 / 21 / 2014

This is one of the best vegan restaurants I have ever been to-- in the world. Not fancy, but wonderful, delicious food. The sushi options are fabulous. The hot main dishes leave a bit to be desired, and tofu is not a listed option; I am not a fan of the chewy fake meat choices in the hot items. However, the appetizers are great, including the shrimp tempura and age tofu! Also, they have a range of desserts, such as cupcakes, that are divine!

Pros: sushi!, shrimp tempura
camilleotero
camilleotero

Love Loving Vegan-My non-vegan friends love it too

5 Posted on 04 / 08 / 2014

This is another one of my monthly eateries when I come into the big city for my weekly shopping. I actually have a hard time deciding between this and Thai Vegan. But this place is absolutely wonderful. I usually order the Miso soup, veggie egg rolls and the New Mexico Roll. I have had other items as well with my non-vegan friends and they are all delicious! It is a bit pricier but well worth it when you eat out as little as I do. I usually read and enjoy the atmosphere as I am usually by myself. The service is excellent and you get your food very fast.

Pros: Clean, Peaceful, Good service
Cons: A bit pricey
Evolving
Evolving

Yumm for vegans & non-vegans too

5 Posted on 04 / 02 / 2014

As a fairly new vegan it's great to be able to go in a restaurant and have Absolutely Anything you want!!

Did you know they also have cupcakes!

The waitress is always super nice and helpful!

My non-vegan friend said "I'm loving loving vegan sushi"! They have other stuff besides sushi too!

Pros: Everything is fresh and clean, Everything in the entire restaurant is vegan
Cons: Hmmm, nothing really-other than you need change/do
vaudevillefrank
vaudevillefrank

minority report

2 Posted on 03 / 11 / 2014

Admittedly I am not a fan of Japanese food. I felt queasy after my Loving Vegan meal. I'm writing a negative review (which I seldom do) because this restaurant touts itself as endorsed by PETA, yet, according to the local business newspaper the owner owns several other eateries that feature chicken and pork. How is this different from restaurants described as veg friendly? My vegan/AR friends wish only to patronize businesses that to not offer animal flesh as food whether it is on site or at another eatery owned by the same person.

Pros: clean, convenient
Cons: owned by non-veg company, a bit pricy
  • Duvinn Duvinn

Actually they are not endorsed by PETA in any way. The thing about PETA is that they voted the restaurant as #1 in the country for Best Vegan Sushi. PETA in no way endorses the business. Also, the other restaurants the owner has they have had before they opened the vegan restaurant. Their goal with Loving Vegan is to give Vegans and Non-Vegans a healthy and tasty alternative to the other restaurants that offer Vegan, but aren't completely Vegan.

Rambling Vegans
Rambling Vegans

Perfection!

5 Posted on 03 / 02 / 2014

This was the first place we ate it while visiting Albuquerque and we had to restrain ourselves from going back for every meal after that. We got the amazing roll, loving vegan roll and the heart attack, all of which were absolutely fantastic. The other vegan restaurants in the city are great but this will definitely be the first one we go to when we visit ABQ again!

Pros: Excellent Food, Friendly Staff, Good Value

mbentz
mbentz

delicious & beautiful food!

5 Posted on 12 / 13 / 2013

We got the amazing roll, the monkey balls, and a spare ribs bento box. The monkey balls were the favorite, crisp and sweet. I couldn't eat the spare ribs because they were a little TOO authentic, but my girlfriend loved them. The ginger tea was delicious, and the server was very nice. There were cupcakes and brownies available for desert, but they were a little dry. I will definitely be going here again.

Pros: lots of choices, delicious, friendly service
Cons: dry desserts
sirisadhana108
sirisadhana108

Loving This Sushi

5 Posted on 10 / 05 / 2013

The Amazing Roll, Dynamite Roll, Forever Green Roll, and the Loving Vegan Rolls are all excellent. Best vegan sushi I've ever had. They have super good service and they make the sushi on the spot for you. They also offer very good vegan bento boxes with vegan spareribs and other vegan meats. The gyoza, heart attack appetizer, and the monkey balls appetizers are all good to order for a large party, too. Must visit for vegan food in ABQ and worth the drive.

Pros: Excellent Vegan Sushi, Excellent Bento Boxes, Excellent Service
Parchu14
Parchu14

Amazing food and service!

5 Posted on 09 / 12 / 2013

Though small and plain, this is by far my favorite vegan restaurant in town. The sushi chef is so friendly, remembers all of our favorite rolls, and makes amazing food! The futomaki roll is delicious as are the bento boxes-especially with spareribs!

Pros: Delicious food, Personalized service, PETA's #1 Veg Sushi Restaurant
cookiem
cookiem

Vegan sushi-thon

4 Posted on 09 / 10 / 2013

Hello sushi! Ever go to a joint with your friends and be stuck with kappa and avocado rolls and rolling your eyes thinking: wow, I could have a better meal just about anywhere... Ok, well, this is your sanctuary. Vegans can eat everything on the menu, everything!

The special rolls are spectacular - with items like bell peppers wrapped around the sushi rolls, bbq sauce, portobello mushrooms, asparagus, sweet potato, avocado, cucumber, and mango as ingredients. This place is amazing. Tempura and spiciness, stir fry and bento boxes - you will not be disappointed in the amount of food you can eat. However, the non-sushi items are only mediocre. Go elsewhere for noodles or rice entrees. Save room for as many special sushi rolls you can stomach - they are so exciting, it's worth it.

I dream of having a place like this come to my city, but alas, it would make me gain tremendous weight. Delicious vegan sushi to satisfy all of your wildest vegan-sushi dreams, and even to create new ones. So creative, it's awesome!

Pros: Special rolls, Sushi rolls, Nigiri
Cons: Wait time seems long when so hungry, More vegetables would be nice
athleticvegan
athleticvegan

Loving Loving Vegan

4 Posted on 08 / 17 / 2013

I've only tried the sushi there, but some of their other dishes seem like they'd be good. The NM roll and the Monkey Balls are my favs, but everything I've tried has been pretty good. I wish they would have a location closer in the city, but I'll make a point to go there whenever I find myself on the West side.

Pros: Delicious!, Friendly
Cons: Inconvenient location, A few items seem a little pricey
satrn4lulu
satrn4lulu

Yummy Vegan Sushi!

4 Posted on 04 / 23 / 2013

I was thrilled to find a restaurant with such a large selection of vegan sushi. I had the miso soup & salad to start then had the New Mexico roll (AMAZINGLY delicious tempura green chile), Caterpillar (beautiful and yummy) & cucumber roll (thought I could use something refreshing after the others but couldn't finish this - the others were too good and filling!). Service was great. Friendly and welcoming. I found out after I ate that they also offer brown rice which I would have preferred. It may have been listed on the menu and I just missed it.

THis isn't your typical Asian restaurant. It's more like a "diner" style but cute and clean! I don't understand all the coffee art on the walls though...

Pros: Welcoming, quick service, Tasty vegan sushi!
iggy
iggy

• fruititarian

Cute place with lots of vegan selections

4 Posted on 09 / 07 / 2012

If you are living in or visiting the Albuquerque area then give this place a try. It is based on Japanese style food so you will find the usual sushi and such items on the menu. They also have bento boxes, soups, and salads. The prices are a bit high for the amount of food but this is what I expect for a vegan restaurant. They have veggie choices like portabello mushroom and the processed vegetable proteins like fake chicken, beef and shrimp. I rarely eat the processed stuff so I leave that up to you to try but the veggies were decent and the soup was just right.

Enjoy this place and let them know you want this to last by eating there.

Pros: Clean, Good service
Cons: Expensive
Motts10
Motts10

Vegan Sushi!

4 Posted on 08 / 08 / 2012

Large selection,ended up with a lot of food! It's owned by Sushi King so they get it right! Even the dessert was tasty! Excellent service!

Pros: large selection, friendly staff
jnnmm552
jnnmm552

Big Servings-Good Service

5 Posted on 07 / 20 / 2012

Really good food and lots of it. You will have leftovers. Love the Bento Boxes. Great service!!!

Dear Owner and Manager of Loving Vegan: