A gluten-free vegan bakery created to provide those with special needs an alternative in cakes, cookies, and other baked goods. Everything is vegan and gluten free, except for the Udi's bread sold here which uses egg. Will make custom order cakes. Reported closed to HappyCow. more-less

First Review by MrsVeganPizza
Chia
Chia

All gluten-free baked goods

4 Posted on 06 / 29 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow and came here in June 2012. Here's my Loving Nutrition review.

From the name I had originally thought it would be a Loving Hut-related bakery but it's not. It's independent, started by a woman who used to sell her gluten-free baked goods at local farmers market. I was told that her purpose was to provide gluten-free vegan baked treats to children with autism and special needs because it was better for their health than the conventional dairy and egg baked goods.

Because the bakery does not have all the permits required for certain food services, the baked goods are already pre-packaged in containers and placed in a chilled glass case. No coffee or tea either.

The space did not feel at all like a bakery; in fact the actual baking is done off-premises in another kitchen. A large empty space fills the front of the room.

We got a few things to take away: chocolate chunck cookies, a lemon bar, and banana nut bread. Everything tasted good though too sweet for my personal liking.

Loving Nutrition's gluten free vegan baked goods are also available at Orange County's Mother's Markets.

MrsVeganPizza
MrsVeganPizza

Gluten Free Vegan Treats

5 Posted on 01 / 13 / 2012

I was so excited to see a bright yellow "vegan" sign as I drove past this new little bakery. I got one chocolate chip cookie and enjoyed it in the car w/my BF. It was delish, and I immediately went back in to buy some more goodies. The selection was quite small when I went, but the few items I tried were very tasty! It's located across from the Laguna Hills Mall in the shopping center just before the 5 freeway (same shopping center as Saddleback Dentistry).
Updated from previous review on Tuesday December 13, 2011

The selection has expanded since my last trip there. They had cupcakes like red velvet, brownies, and cookies. They also have a frequent buyer punch car.

Pros: very tasty, vegan and gluten free, friendly service

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Loving Nutrition: