Loving Hut - Yonsei University

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for vegetarian living. Has deli style take-out items (burger, hot dog, sandwich, salad) as well as cooked eat-in items, mostly Korean style (soups, stews, sushi/kimbop, dumplings). Also sells frozen fake-meat type products to take home. Also cakes and coffee drinks. Spacious, quick service, some English spoken. Directions: Sinchon subway stop green line #2, Exit #2, walk straight around 4 blocks, restaurant is on your left, a few buildings down from a corner Starbucks. Address in Korean: 서울시 서대문구 창천동 33-10호. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Korean, Western, Fast food, Take-out
120-834 Changcheon-dong 33-10, Sinchon Seodaemun-gu (/near Yonsei University gate)
Seoul, South Korea
02-333-8088

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by hippiemouse420
laurcg
laurcg

Yum!

5 Posted on 09 / 02 / 2014

Easy to find, fast service, delicious Korean options, they even serve vegan ice cream! Lots of food for only about (the equivalent of) $8!

Pros: Good variety of Korean food, Affordable, Delicious!
vegan herbivore
vegan herbivore

Wonderful little restaurant

5 Posted on 07 / 06 / 2014

We ducked in here just before closing time. The owner made us feel welcome nevertheless, and did not press us to hurry or leave. The food was superb, and quickly prepared. The atmosphere is homey, and has a student vibe -- a place for young people to pair up and talk in long conversations.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly and helpful staff, Intimate atmosphere
Cons: Small, Limited hours, Restroom outside the restaurant
konatufe
konatufe

Good food & amazing vegan ice creams

5 Posted on 09 / 10 / 2013

It is the first time I tried vegan ice cream and it was really good!
Food is also good and staff very friendly. Really liked this place.
Prices reasonable. No internet.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday September 10, 2013

Pros: vegan ice cream, nice ambient

Atomicpen
Atomicpen

Ice cream

5 Posted on 07 / 31 / 2013

That's why I go to loving hut for the dessert options. They food is good but it's the desserts.

djoubox
djoubox

Nice, Good and Cheap

4 Posted on 06 / 07 / 2013

I go there once in a while, it's a nice place to have lunch or a yummy dessert. I always buy a few veg stuff to eat at home : my special treat is the So Delicious ice cream !

Eric_
Eric_

Has been better

4 Posted on 01 / 07 / 2013

My favourite Loving Hut in Seoul. The location always made me return. Do agree though with previous poster that it's deteriorated during the last year. Fewer choices, less well-prepared, and I think they also increased their prices a bit. But I'd still return! Wish they'd stay open longer in the evenings though, or at least not be so strict with closing exactly on time ...

Pros: Location, Price
Cons: Opening hours
EvaDelgado
EvaDelgado

The Gateway Restaurant to becoming Vegan.

5 Posted on 11 / 12 / 2012

Over a year ago I found myself going to this place every week. I live over 90 minutes away. At the time I wasn't even Vegetarian. I thought it was strange that my favorite restaurant was vegan.

Honesty now it is not as good as it was a year ago. The California Rolls used to have big fresh pieces of Avocados. Now they think Spicy Protein is a Soup not Mock Chicken. It has changed to more of a Korean Loving Hut. It is less Western. Their English has gotten worse too.

This place is still great, but I miss what it used to be. It is still worthy of going, just not worthy of traveling long distances after work for dinner. I am sure the locals appreciate it more now. The place has more customers now. Maybe it is the Korean Gateway Restaurant to becoming Vegan.

I now get Sweet and Sour Vegetables and fried Mandu. If there is room, Ice Cream with a shot of espresso.

Pros: Ice Cream, Sweet and Sour Vegetables, Mandu
Cons: Less Avocados, Less Western, Less English
sirhin
sirhin

Delicious!

5 Posted on 10 / 31 / 2012

I've been to Loving Hut once in the States and never went back, but once I looked up the menu for the Korean branches, I decided I must try it out - and I LOVED it. It was easy to find, the prices reasonable and the staff were accommodating to our needs. The food was filling (though my omnivorous friends said they were hungry after their veggie steak dish) and delicious (though I thought my curry rice was on the bland side)! We went two days in a row and it would have been a third if we had the chance. As such, if I'm ever in Seoul again, I would definitely come!

Pros: great food, friendly/helpful staff, reasonable prices
fungila
fungila

One of my favorite in Seoul

5 Posted on 06 / 10 / 2012

Easy to find from Sinchon station (line2). Food is very good and cheap. I enjoyed every meal I had there. Vegetables in sweet and sour sauce is my favorite.

wsh79
wsh79

cheapest veggie food i had in seoul

4 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2012

I followed the instruction to walk here and almost couldn't find my way. Just exit 2 and walk all the way straight. Its about 10mins of walk.
I think its not beside any starbucks.
Anyhow, one of the cheapest food i had. my noodles cost 5500won. However, though i had specifically mentioned no onion/garlic, they still accidentally serve me with one. But they changed it for me when i returned my meal.
if you are dropping by euhwa women university or honggik area, this will be a good place to go.

ahkow
ahkow

Our favourite in Seoul

5 Posted on 12 / 14 / 2011

This is one of the cheapest vegetarian restaurant we found in Seoul, but also the tastiest. The food is affordable yet big portion, we visited here twice and had enjoyed the delicious California roll, steamboat, soy cuttlet, noodle soup, burger, sandwich, cold noodle, brown noodle, soy pumpkin latte, soy sweet potato latte.

Will definitely come again on our next trip to Korea!

Pros: Cheap, Yummy
Aya
Aya

One of my favorite Loving Hut restaurants in Seoul

5 Posted on 12 / 09 / 2011

I've eaten here several times. The prices and the food are very good. Their jiggaes are veeeery yummy, but also very spicy. So I have always asked for a milder version.
The staff are very friendly.

Five cow stars. :)

Pros: Yummy food, Friendly staff, Affordable prices
dnmp
dnmp

Good Food but Hard to Find

5 Posted on 10 / 30 / 2011

I enjoyed the food I had here. I was in a bit of an US food mood at this point in my trip so I had a more Korean dish and some french fries. The selection at this Loving Hut was more traditional than others.

The location was hard to find. I passed the street and I had to ask around to get to it but eventually I got there.

smithintaiwan
smithintaiwan

Lovely Loving Hut

5 Posted on 04 / 25 / 2011

I ended up eating there twice today (April 2011). Great food for excellent prices. I didn't dare to try the plastic-looking burgers, but the soy protein soup and the fried noodles were spicy and delicious.
They are also trying to double as a cafe, selling green tea or coffee soy lattes for 3000W. It doesn't get very busy, so it's a decent place to spend a few hours reading.
It is located across from a huge church. Walking towards Yonsei from the subway station, it is just past the second Starbucks.
I'm rating it as excellent, because, hey, it's a decent veg restaurant in Korea. Fighting!

Pros: inexpensive, tasty
hippiemouse420
hippiemouse420

Lovin' Loving Hut

5 Posted on 02 / 15 / 2010

There are multiple locations of this restaurant in Korea; I ate at the Jukjeon location. The place had literally just opened, so they weren't offering a full menu yet, but the food that I had was great! I went twice in two days and had a soy cutlet the first night and a miso-like soup the second. Both were great and I would eat them again. Everything is organic and they offer vegan food for sale as well. The prices are INCREDIBLE! I couldn't believe how affordable it was. I plan on being a regular. The side dishes were also superb! Being vegetarian in Korea can be quite difficult, so it's nice to go to a place where everything is vegan and you don't have to worry at all about what you're eating. My only concerns were the two large-screen tvs playing the satellite channel of their "Supreme Leader." I'm concerned about my money going to a cult so I've done some research about it, I recommend that you do your own. The second night I went, they had music playing (although the tvs were still on [muted]), and I felt much less concerned about it and much more comfortable. The service was friendly and accomodating. I would, without a doubt, recommend this place to anyone, veg or not because it was so good and so affordable, not to mention the convenience of the multiple locations.

Pros: AFFORDABLE, Excellent food, Convenient
Cons: possible cult?, didn't have a full menu yet

Dear Owner and Manager of Loving Hut - Yonsei University: