Part of international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for vegetarian living. Each location is individual family owned and operated. Serves vegan food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, a variety of vegan ice cream flavors, and more. Uses organic vegetables and non-GMO products whenever possible. Directions: Namseong subway stop exit 3 forward 500 meters. Address in Korean: 서울 동작구 사당동 218. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Organic, Western, Asian, Korean, Juice bar, Fast food, Take-out

danielReich
danielReich

Good food, easy to find

Posted on 11 / 16 / 2014

We ordered a pho soup and enjoyed it. We also ordered a cold noodle salad which we didn't enjoy as much - that was partly our fault though because we didn't pay that much attention to the description and were expecting more vegetables and less noodles. They had free coffee and tea.

Pros: Vegan Vietnamese food, Easy to find
VeganBiker
VeganBiker

Great Place

Posted on 08 / 23 / 2014

The pair of ladies who run the place are very sweet and welcoming. As it is a Loving Hut franchise, one can dine in the comfort of knowing that it's 100% vegan — a thing not be taken for granted in a country where even the most well-meaning local doesn't know where milk and eggs come from.

They have recently updated their menu and style to a more Vietnamese persuasion.

PlusSizeBarbie
PlusSizeBarbie

Very Cool Place

Posted on 06 / 25 / 2014

The owner(?) was VERY nice and the food was very tasty. They also had several items for purchase, including vegan noodles which was great! The prices are very good here as well. I'll definitely be back.

SamLarkin
SamLarkin

Excellent Vegan Variety

Posted on 03 / 28 / 2014

As a vegan, I love the variety of this store's menu, especially the waffles.

tfjern
tfjern

Fantastic Food

Posted on 04 / 16 / 2013

If you are a vegan, well, Thien Dang is the place visit for great vegan food. The place is clean. The food is tasty and reasonably priced. I found out today (by chance) that it is within walking distance to where I live! I wish I would have known that two years ago, when it first opened. I intend to eat there almost everyday (except Monday, when it's closed) to make up for lost time.

Cons: None whatsoever.
Eric_
Eric_

Too bad it's far off

Posted on 01 / 07 / 2013

Has some (great) alternatives to the normal Loving Hut fare. The first time I visited, I had to wait for a long time to get my food, even though there were hardly any customers.

Pros: Price, Menu
Cons: Location
TrixieFirecracker
TrixieFirecracker

Fabulous for vegans!

Posted on 10 / 21 / 2012

This is my favourite place to eat in Seoul - the ice cream shakes are delicious and there is a good variety of salads, vegan burgers and hot dogs, fries, rice and noodle dishes and waffles. The owner speaks English and provides good customer service.

Pros: excellent food, good variety, friendly staff
hmscookie
hmscookie

closed on monday

Posted on 10 / 11 / 2012

this restaurant is closed on mondays FYI

minjun
minjun

I love the Loving Hut!!

Posted on 06 / 20 / 2011

Loving hut makes being vegan so much better, even the work friends don't mind going! Drinks are bomb and the food is amazing! It's Thursday, and I went to the Loving Hut for the first time to have lunch with a friend. The service, the food, the place... all fantastic. I am not a vegan. I just wanted something for lunch today that was healthier and Happycow reviews said this place was good. Man, oh man, was it ever good. Loving Hut?
I heart you. And I will be back!

Pros: useful, cool, value
stephano
stephano

amazing food

Posted on 06 / 18 / 2011

As a vegan, I really appreciate the delicious food and sweet staff who seem to actually care about the customers. The menu selection is amazing and everything is well made. i love this place, been here the first time today. i ordered pho and pho is so good and tasty too. The soup and everything else are all home made. Rush over to check out this affordable meal!

no msg, no artificial flavoring etc.. on all the food, woohoo,
This place is always spotless. It has a very relaxing energy. The whole time I was there, I thoroughly enjoyed my food and felt really great! I would totally come back here again! Oh and they got vegan cakes too!

Now you know why it deserves 5 stars

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff
smithintaiwan
smithintaiwan

Heaven

Posted on 06 / 12 / 2011

If Thien Dang was a bit closer to my home, I'd be a regular. Like all Loving Huts, Thien Dang serves good vegan fare at reasonable prices. This one is actually quite cheap - a meal costs between 5000 and 10,000. The owner is a friendly Ao Lac (Vietnamese) woman and makes a lot of Vietnamese dishes - I really enjoyed my pineapple-fried rice with 'steak.' She also sells the standard vegan protein that you can cook up at home, as well as vegan ice cream and cookies.
The ubiquitous Loving Hut design is far from charming. I hope the LH people start to get more creative, however, I'm glad that's all I have to complain about. It's great to have more vegan restaurants in Seoul.
PS: Thien Dang is Vietnamese for 'heaven.'

Pros: cheap, tasty, friendly
Cons: Loving Hut decor

Dear Owner and Manager of Loving Hut - Thien Dang: