Loving Hut - Thien Dang

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for vegetarian living. Each location is individual family owned and operated. Serves vegan food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, a variety of vegan ice cream flavors, and more. Uses organic vegetables and non-GMO products whenever possible. Directions: Namseong subway stop exit 3 forward 500 meters. Address in Korean: 서울 동작구 사당동 218. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Organic, Western, Asian, Korean, Juice bar, Fast food, Take-out
Dongjak-gu, Seoul 218 Sadang
Seoul, South Korea 156-090
+82070-8982-8501

Open Tue-Sun 11am-10pm, closed Mon.

• Reservations required
  • Cash only

First Review by smithintaiwan
tfjern
tfjern

Fantastic Food

5 Posted on 04 / 16 / 2013

If you are a vegan, well, Thien Dang is the place visit for great vegan food. The place is clean. The food is tasty and reasonably priced. I found out today (by chance) that it is within walking distance to where I live! I wish I would have known that two years ago, when it first opened. I intend to eat there almost everyday (except Monday, when it's closed) to make up for lost time.

Cons: None whatsoever.
Eric_
Eric_

Too bad it's far off

4 Posted on 01 / 07 / 2013

Has some (great) alternatives to the normal Loving Hut fare. The first time I visited, I had to wait for a long time to get my food, even though there were hardly any customers.

Pros: Price, Menu
Cons: Location
TrixieFirecracker
TrixieFirecracker

Fabulous for vegans!

5 Posted on 10 / 21 / 2012

This is my favourite place to eat in Seoul - the ice cream shakes are delicious and there is a good variety of salads, vegan burgers and hot dogs, fries, rice and noodle dishes and waffles. The owner speaks English and provides good customer service.

Pros: excellent food, good variety, friendly staff
minjun
minjun

I love the Loving Hut!!

5 Posted on 06 / 20 / 2011

Loving hut makes being vegan so much better, even the work friends don't mind going! Drinks are bomb and the food is amazing! It's Thursday, and I went to the Loving Hut for the first time to have lunch with a friend. The service, the food, the place... all fantastic. I am not a vegan. I just wanted something for lunch today that was healthier and Happycow reviews said this place was good. Man, oh man, was it ever good. Loving Hut?
I heart you. And I will be back!

Pros: useful, cool, value
stephano
stephano

amazing food

5 Posted on 06 / 18 / 2011

As a vegan, I really appreciate the delicious food and sweet staff who seem to actually care about the customers. The menu selection is amazing and everything is well made. i love this place, been here the first time today. i ordered pho and pho is so good and tasty too. The soup and everything else are all home made. Rush over to check out this affordable meal!

no msg, no artificial flavoring etc.. on all the food, woohoo,
This place is always spotless. It has a very relaxing energy. The whole time I was there, I thoroughly enjoyed my food and felt really great! I would totally come back here again! Oh and they got vegan cakes too!

Now you know why it deserves 5 stars

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff
smithintaiwan
smithintaiwan

Heaven

4 Posted on 06 / 12 / 2011

If Thien Dang was a bit closer to my home, I'd be a regular. Like all Loving Huts, Thien Dang serves good vegan fare at reasonable prices. This one is actually quite cheap - a meal costs between 5000 and 10,000. The owner is a friendly Ao Lac (Vietnamese) woman and makes a lot of Vietnamese dishes - I really enjoyed my pineapple-fried rice with 'steak.' She also sells the standard vegan protein that you can cook up at home, as well as vegan ice cream and cookies.
The ubiquitous Loving Hut design is far from charming. I hope the LH people start to get more creative, however, I'm glad that's all I have to complain about. It's great to have more vegan restaurants in Seoul.
PS: Thien Dang is Vietnamese for 'heaven.'

Pros: cheap, tasty, friendly
Cons: Loving Hut decor

Dear Owner and Manager of Loving Hut - Thien Dang: