愛家國際連鎖餐飲, at 106 台北市大安區光復南路280巷30號, is part of the international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Specializes in hot pots and soups. Last orders taken 30 minutes prior to closing at lunch and dinner. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Taiwanese, Take-out

Mon-Sun 11:30am-2:30pm, 4:30pm-9:30pm

First Review by Annakin
LoriFromAbroad26
LoriFromAbroad26

Some dishes perfect, others bad...

Posted on 06 / 13 / 2015

Hello, I have to say that after reading the reviews, I couldn't wait to try the bagel burger and it was awful... a fake meat patty, Vegenaise mayo, ketchup, veggies and a fake bun with a hole in the middle. Everything kept falling out but my issue was that it had a terrible taste. Or maybe it's just my personal tastes...

I also had tomato soup which was as bad as the burger: just some canned tomato sauce heated with some minuscule carrots and corn.

Then we had a pancake which was a 5, and then an amazing coconut and pumpkin veggie stew. I swear, I never knew veggies could taste so good... you got to try it! My only problem with the stew was that the size of the veggies was too big, a lot of chewing.

We ended it with 2 cakes but mine was absolutely the best in Taiwan: Chocolate Mint Cake...:), and with a strawberry smoothie, which was fake (just like the one in Carrefour food court), but tasted great...

I didn't like that the menu was only partially translated into English but I liked that the staff speaks it very well.

Oh, you will also freeze and get sick cause they use air conditioning, strong one, even when outside is cold or even when you walk in sweaty in the middle of summer.

I will probably return just for take out and see if they have anything else I might like.

Pros: English spoken, some dishes are amazing, variety, best cakes in Taipei
Cons: very strong air conditioning, some dishes tasted bad to me
RayPokai
RayPokai

amazing bibimbap fusion!

Posted on 03 / 09 / 2015

I went a couple of times to this great restaurant having just come from Korea I was interested to see how there bibimbap would be. I was not disappointed! It was sensational and they even did a pesto bibimbap that was delicious! There bagel burgers are also great a good size and super tasty!

dhassmannka
dhassmannka

Best hot pot in Taipei

Posted on 12 / 18 / 2014

This particular Loving hut is based on the famous hot pots. Me and my friend shared the Curry one (it's pretty big for just one person) and It was INCREDIBLY good. Bursting with flavor and the additonal goodies you cook were super good too.
We also had the hummus wrap which was ok, but there was barely any hummus and wrap and too many veggies, so the ratio was not what I prefer.
We also had kimchi, that was super good and for dessert we shared the soy carramel latté and a chocolate cake.
The caramel latté tasted pretty much like from starbucks, couldn't even tell it was soy milk. And the cake was also great but VERY VERY HEAVY AND RICH. So if you are sensitive to that it will keep you feeling a bit unconfortable as it did me... But the taste was so worth it haha :D

There is also an additional shop where you csn buy all different vegan treats from vegan shrimp, hot dogs, patties, hot pot bases, bagels... Can't even remember what else...
They also sell the typical Taiwanese pineapple short cake - vegan version!! Sooo good and heart shaped, a perfect gift.
It is very easy to find, just take the blue bannan line to Sun Yat - Sen Memorial Hall, exit 2, walk straight and turn right to the third valley and it will be on your right :)
Menu is in english and chinese, just flip to the back. People there also talk pretty good english and are really friendly.
Also the atmosphere of the whole place is very calm, soothing and cozy.
They have a pretty big cake variety, 4 types of cheesecake and other cakes.
Apart from hot pot they also have some western dishes and bibimbap (hope that is how you spell it) and some milkshakes and milk teas... Pretty large range :)
I think this loving hut has the most food choices out of all in Taipei.
Loved it so so so much, definately go if you can!!

Pros: Easy to find, English speaking, Additional vegan food shop

peas-full
peas-full

very good! specialized in soups and hot pots

Posted on 12 / 09 / 2014

I have been in several Loving Hut so far and I always enjoyed a good meal!
This one is no different. I had a delicious spicy noodle soup and a wonderful chocolate cake.
Compared to other Loving Hut I have to say that this one is specialized in soups and hot pots: in the middle of the table there is a induction plate that you can turn on to keep your hot pot very hot. Beside noodle soups, rice soups and hot pots there are some skewers and a few western dishes. So if you are looking for fried noodles with vegan proteins or a dish with rice and proteins + vegetables (no soups) you will be a bit disappointed.
In the restaurant there is a little corner where there are a few products on sale, among them nice mock meats, mock fish, sausages, ham and so on.
Inexpensive! and they accept credit cards now!
Location is easy to find. From Sun Yan-Sen Memorial Hall station take exit number 2 and walk straight on. Turn the third alley on your right and you are there. Less than 5 min walking distance.

Pros: inexpensive, desserts, english spoken
Cons: limited menu (soups), menu partially translated , no pictures in the menu
  • Andrea1966 Andrea1966

Hi,
    Their menu is fully translated and "WITH" picture now, the new version can be view from their official web site!
    PS: the induction plate is to cook the pot, not just keep it warm. :)

convertedcow
convertedcow

convenient location, good food and drink

Posted on 05 / 15 / 2014

Located about 5 min walk away from sun yat sen memorial. Otherwise exit 2 of the sys memorial metro. Hot pots, stewed rice or noodle soups on offer. They can tailor the spiciness according to your taste. Light bites like mushroom balls and organic tofu skewers were very tasty. Good selection of drinks esp tea and coffee with soy milk which may not be easily available in other shops.

Pros: good selection of food and drink, easy to find/near tourist attraction, cheap
hardi013
hardi013

Vegan Perfection!

Posted on 01 / 02 / 2014

This restaurant offers the widest selection of delicious, affordable vegan food, drink and dessert that I've found in the city. Vegan Perfection!

Aya
Aya

The best!

Posted on 07 / 07 / 2013

This restaurant is one of the best places I have ever been to. We had a burger, a quiche and a hot pot there, but it's the deserts that I loved the most - they have about 10 vegan cakes (with different layers, all excellent), vegan mousse, vegan ice cream and yummy drinks.
Definitely worth visiting.
I wish I could go there again.

Pros: Amazing deserts, Very popular with locals, Friendly
+++VeGaNiSaToR+++
+++VeGaNiSaToR+++

prefer other LH in Taipei

Posted on 05 / 16 / 2013

Not a good loving hut compare to the others of Taipei ...

• Andrea1966 Andrea1966

Hi there, I saw the pictures that you uploaded, they are belong to another restaurant, "NOT" from Guang Fu branch! I think you got some incorrect information.

Missha
Missha

Hot pot

Posted on 05 / 09 / 2013

This loving hut was a bit difficult to find, you have to walk through a small alley before you find lane 280. But it was well worth it. Staff spoke some English. We had one of their lovely skewers and a delicious pancake, and then of course we had to try the hotpot this branch of loving hut specialises in. For dessert I had some very more-ish blueberry cheesecake.

Pros: Great food!, Very friendly staff, Inexpensive
vtraveller
vtraveller

One of the better Loving Huts

Posted on 05 / 18 / 2012

Got here just before they closed. They staff was friendly and spoke some English. I have been to a number of Loving Huts and this one was exceptional. All of our dishes were good and the vegan cakes were awesome!

Pros: Nice space, Friendly staff, Great desserts
Annakin
Annakin

Loving Hut is Amazing

Posted on 12 / 07 / 2009

I was so happy to stumble across not one, but several Loving Hut Restaurants on my trip to Taipei. There is plenty of variety and everything is delicious. They even have vegan ice cream cones!

Pros: Excellent Food, Friendly Staff, Cheap

Dear Owner and Manager of Loving Hut - Guangfu: