Loving Hut - Huaining

Chinese name 愛家國際連鎖餐飲, address 100 台北市中正區懷寧街44號. Part of international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for vegetarian living. Each location is individual family owned. Serves cooked food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, afternoon tea and cake. Prices around NT50 for each dish. Photo menu. 3 levels of seating. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Taiwanese, Juice bar, Take-out

kim2121
kim2121

Great for Everyday Eating

4 Posted on 06 / 19 / 2014

This is a great Loving Hut, with the standard decor and videos (which I actually find quite entertaining). The food is very reasonably priced, well-prepared, and has generous portion sizes. I paid 100 TWD for mock New York steak, rice, soup, a tofu side, and a side of veggies. The meal was satisfying, especially for the price.

It's not a fancy place by any means, but if I lived nearby I'm sure I would frequent the place regularly and work my way through the menu. It's a solid choice for everyday eating or for backpackers looking to fill up on a small amount of money.

The people working there don't seem to speak English, but everything is self explanatory. The menu is a picture menu and if you know even basic Chinese characters you can read it. Still, as soon as they saw me they rushed to find the English menu, so I can confirm they have one of those too!

Pros: Price, Friendly Service
convertedcow
convertedcow

Straightforward & cheap food, central location

3 Posted on 05 / 20 / 2014

Situated between Taipei Main Station and 2-28 Memorial Park. If walking, carry on for a few blocks along Huaining Street. We got sidetracked and found it on the 2nd attempt. Order your food (English menu available) at the till. Get your number and if it's crowded, try going upstairs. They will send the food upstairs using a dumbwaiter. Collect it on your floor when your number flashes up on the wall.

Pros: Cheap, Centrally located
shanery
shanery

Vegtastic! (I need to enter some title :))

5 Posted on 02 / 25 / 2014

I really liked this place. The food was tasty and cheap, the surroundings were comfortable and clean, and the staff were very nice. I'll be coming back.

konatufe
konatufe

Like it!

4 Posted on 09 / 03 / 2013

Went there with a friend, kind of late, close to 9:00pm. They were closing, so they say just take away at that time. Not many options at that time so we take curry vegetables and fried noodles, it was very good, and impressive they did not use so much plastic as I see in all Asia. They use paper plates which I really like it.

cj the taniwha
cj the taniwha

Great quick food in a central location

5 Posted on 01 / 23 / 2013

This is a great family destination for us as our kids love the drinks and desserts and spaghetti and there is lots of vegan groceries we can buy here and get a great value meal too. They can get Earth balance and any loving hut product in for you if you ask, there is usually someone on staff who speaks English and there are tons of tables and seats on 3 levels. They have some great value meals and some delicious (if not especially healthy) food, the 'steak' meal with coriander pesto sauce is really really good as are the deep fried crumbed mushrooms.

Pros: Great value, Central location, Lots of space
Cons: Some food not so healthy
CatherineM
CatherineM

Good for a quick bite

4 Posted on 10 / 18 / 2012

Friendly, food served very quickly and was tasty. Lots of mock meat. The portions were generous and this was an excellent meal for the price.

Pros: Cheap, Large portions, Friendly staff
Chia
Chia

Fast food style

3 Posted on 01 / 30 / 2012

Was here in November 2010 and am pleased to review this Loving Hut here on happycow.net. It's a small shop on the ground floor but has upstairs seating with air conditioning (upstairs) as well as a basement area for seating. The menu is simple and each dish is shown with a photo image.

Each dish is quite cheap, only around NT50-60. Food is served quickly, taste is average. Good enough for a cheap quick bite. My husband and I shared a rice noodle stir fry, a spicy wonton bowl, and red sauce faux meat with rice dish.

They make coffee drinks with soy. NOTE: Most items contain either soy and/or gluten, so special diet people can have only salad here.

comida
comida

Delicious food, clean and bright environment

4 Posted on 05 / 11 / 2009

Three of us went for an early lunch here today. The staff were warm and welcoming, and they were happy to explain the ingredients in their dishes. Most dishes had a no onion/garlic option, although we did want our scallions! We were told that none of their food contained any cow's milk, butter, cheese, or alcohol. Forgot to ask about yoghurt though, but I would assume they wouldn't use that either, but can't say for sure.

We had some wonderful wonton noodle soup and good solid fried rice with a small side of stir fried vegetables. We also had a side dish of tonkatsu-fried style shiitake mushrooms. The batter was divine, tasted like it had a bit of curry powder in it, and we could see some sesame seeds as well. A bowl of miso soup (with cilantro in it, they've made miso soup more Chinese than Japanese!) came with our orders. We also had a lovely chocolate soy shake and a cranberry soy shake. The friendly girl we ordered our food from explained that they used organic soy milk in all their drinks. By the time it was 11,50am, the place was packed with office workers from nearby buildings.

Quite cheap, too. This is a great place that's relatively easy to find, near the Taipei Main Station.

Pros: Modern premises, Clean environment, Great food

Dear Owner and Manager of Loving Hut - Huaining: