CLOSED: Loving Hut - Suntec...

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Serving organic brown rice, satay, Thai wrap, salad roll, curry, Vietnamese pho, veggie burgers, beverages, and more. Uses onion and garlic. FEB 2014 CONFIRMED CLOSED BY HC AMBASSADOR. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Chinese, Asian, International, Fast food, Delivery, Take-out

Happy belly
Happy belly

Favourites

Posted on 08 / 24 / 2013

My top 10 favourites for Loving Hut Suntec are: Mee Siam(Wed only), Herbal Soup Set (Thurs only), Yummy Chilli Krabb, Aglio Olio, Braised Tofu Claypot, Cantonese Congee, Teochew Meepok, Au Lac Pho, Shroom Fried Rice and Arriabiata.

+++VeGaNiSaToR+++
+++VeGaNiSaToR+++

the less good of all LH ever tried

Posted on 08 / 08 / 2013

less choice, not a good location, no dessert.
try the aloe vera juice !!!
Updated from previous review on Wednesday July 21, 2010

I've tried a second time in july 2013 and it's worst again : you eat in carton plate, the portions are smalls and it's very expensive.

devilry
devilry

BEST. DRINKS. EVER.

Posted on 05 / 24 / 2013

I don't normally write reviews for restaurants that clearly don't need them, like this one. Lovinghut has a strong dedicated veg*n fanbase, is really well known and stands strong at 15+ reviews already.

However, as I'm eating there right now, I just came to say that their soy drinks are AMAZING.

I don't know what Starbucks is thinking when they decided to offer soy in their coffees and teas. They clearly have no idea how to make a decent soy latte, and it's a huge problem because they are causing people think that soy latte is a horrible drink that only hipsters dare put up with.

Lovinghut comes along, just trying to be a decent vegan place, not specialising in lattes and all, not having expensive and dedicated bean sourcing programmes, and already their lattes are infinitely better than Starbuck's premium soy lattes which taste like shit and cost a bomb.

It really shows the difference when you bother to do it properly. Try all of lovinghut's soy drinks - they even sell bandung - the soy taste is pleasantly mild and doesn't conflict with the taste of the drink at all. It's creamy and nice, like it's been made with the premiumest of premium milks. $5.50 for the price of a rose soy latte that would cost $8 in Shitbucks? Yes please!
Updated from previous review on Friday May 24, 2013

Pros: Soy Caffe Latte, Soy Tea Latte, Soy Bandung
Cons: No Power Sockets :(

a112
a112
  • raw

Very nice place

Posted on 04 / 07 / 2013

We were there twice during our 10-day trip to Singapore. I am raw-vegan, but my wife and son are vegetarians. So we tried to find place with some raw meals. Loving Hut has perfect salad, I asked not to add any sauce, just lemon. All was completed due to my wishes.
My wife told that there was one of the best soya in Singapore. And food was really good - without extreme noizes in it)))
Stuff speaks english.

Nikki1801
Nikki1801

Great food

Posted on 01 / 16 / 2013

We liked the food here- it was reasonably priced, came quickly, pretty decent portion sizes and tasty. What more can you ask for!? The menu had a variety of options and we came here twice and enjoyed our food.
We also ordered a dessert, vegan cheesecake! Like someone else has said, it comes out the freezer, so be prepared you may need to give it 10/15 mins to defrost, maybe order it WITH your main to help this. But it was definitely worth the expense, a nice treat after being on the road in Asia for weeks! =) Would definitely come back!
Oh and the rose water drink was delicious, definitely try it out!

Pros: great food, good portions, lots of options
Cons: some items a bit pricey
freeprincebandar
freeprincebandar

Vegan restaurant

Posted on 09 / 25 / 2012

Loving Hut is like the old faithful of vegetarian food when you're looking for something you want to be good and really tired and hungry. Mango drink is to die for. Desert is killer good. We tried Vietnamese Pho dish which was quite good.

Pros: vegan, convenient location, great food
bhukit-tima
bhukit-tima

Always great for a quick stop

Posted on 08 / 17 / 2012

Part of the famous Loving Hut Chain this outlet at Suntec is conveniently located for the Marina Bay area. I always enjoy coming back here and have some of their endless vegan options, e.g. lemon delight, oyster mushrooms, etc.
There is a set meal option, so that you get rice and soup with every main you chose. I can especially recommend the rose lemon juice! Very friendly staff and efficient service.

irowan
irowan

I love it!

Posted on 04 / 16 / 2012

The staff here are so friendly, there is a broad range of savoury and sweet vegan food, all unbelievably delicious and so beautifully presented. I had the rose coffee - it had real petals on the froth!! I cannot rate this place highly enough, I wish I lived in Singapore!

Pros: beautiful presentation, friendly staff, delicious food
iamere
iamere

hard to find but worth it.

Posted on 02 / 10 / 2012

Well, this did turn out to be one of the most difficult places to find and our stomachs were pleased when we did.
It is located in a large shopping mall, so seek hard and ye shall find.
Once we were seated, we were happy with the usual Vegan Loving Hut kind of service, though this was much smaller and didn't have the same ambiance.
The food was good and verging on being a little too expensive for what you get. I was starving by the time I arrived though the person who dishes up knows not of my belly.
This Loving Hut does not have the same scope of choice than that of others, but it was enough to pick from. It's nice to find a whole menu you can pick from. Annoyingly, they had just run out of Ice cream when we arrived. Doh!!!

Pros: very tasty food., smily staff
Cons: too hard to find, bit noisy
KLGuy
KLGuy

Nice simple place!

Posted on 10 / 26 / 2011

Was happy with the place & my wife tried the Au Lac Pho & I had the Spaghetti Napoletana & was happy that they were egg free noodles! Thumbs up for a nice & clean envelopment& friendly service!

Pros: Good food, Reasonable pricing, Good service
Guest
Guest

Wow vegan

Posted on 01 / 19 / 2011

Wow vegan in the mid city. Very surprised to find this nice food counter. Tried kwaycap which was excellent and pho noodle. My friend tried mipok and she likes it too. Cut chilli provided the zing...

Pros: Convenient comfort foof
Peace ...
Peace ...

Vietnamese Pho and it is Vegan!

Posted on 09 / 01 / 2010

Located at the Suntec City Mall Sky Garden, Loving Hut belongs to the fastest growing international vegan restaurant chain. I went there to look for Pho as the Loving Hut @ Parklane does not have this Vietnamese noodle soup.
Yes, modern vegetarians are no longer satisfactory with the traditional vegetarian fair, we are looking for delicious and variety of veganise local and international cuisines.
The Au Lac Pho ($4.8) which I ordered is a Vegetarian and also Vegan version Pho. Fantastic! Maybe, it is good news for those who does not eats beef and yet wants to enjoy Pho. It comes with a slice of lime and a little bowl of chilli padi with soy sauce. What you can find in this veganise version Pho is mushroom balls (made from mushroom stalks), few slices of mock fish balls, and some fresh mushrooms (abalone mushroom and white shimeji mushroom). Love the herb - basil leaves in the soupy flat rice noodle - real fragrant!
However, if you want another Vietnamese dish - Goi Cuon (fresh salad roll), you need to go to Loving Hut @ Parklane.

Tomothy
Tomothy

100% vegan for once

Posted on 02 / 13 / 2010

I feel comfident going to Loving Hut that all their food is vegan and no yoghurt will come to my table. The laksa is good, tofunaise dressing is good. Nice muffins. No MSG. Friendly and cheap and very fast service. Not sure if the soy is GMO though... didn't think to ask at the time.

Pros: VEGAN, fast, yum
Beth H
Beth H

Great Vegetarian Option in Singapore

Posted on 11 / 28 / 2009

We were on limited time here, so were in a rush and had to get take out. But it was the first vegetarian restaurant we were able to track down (with the help of Happy Cow!). Make sure you're in the right tower to get there (tower 2). Not too hard to find though, just look at the maps in the mall. And this worked out well for us as it is right near the location for the free Singapore airport shuttle we were getting on. We got the satay sticks (excellent!) and garlic pepper "meat" with rice/soup which was pretty good. Would have loved to have been able to try more. Make sure you bring cash, in Singapore dollars! Thought the prices were reasonable.

Pros: Great Food, Quick Service
Cons: Cash Only (not a terrible con!)
schumacher62
schumacher62

quite a hike!

Posted on 08 / 07 / 2009

to reach this loving hut from the closest mtr, you need to walk through two endless malls, for a total walking time of about 10 minutes, if the subways are not full of commuters. it is on the third floor of a food court, and does have enough seating in front so that you dont have to fight for a table.
pleasant was the fact that the menu is very different, more local than the loving huts we have in the states. the food was excellent, we had three set plates, the golden nuggets and the tofu balls. prices were high, but they generally are at loving huts.
not that we needed it, but a wireless internet signal from loving hut was detected, but no one seemed to know the password.
i enjoy loving huts greatly. this one was no different from many others in that the supreme master was broadcasting from a large screen over the ordering counter. a small price to pay for exceptional food, and greater, a philosophy which i wish more restaurants would subscribe to.

Pros: hyper clean, very friendly help, purified water
Cons: slow service, very difficult to want to get to., portions smaller than average
powjuanjuan
powjuanjuan

SPECIALITY OF FOOD

Posted on 12 / 15 / 2008

LOVING HUT HERBAL RICE IS GREAT AND SPECIAL. YOU CANNOT GET IT ANYWHERE.

Pros: EXCELLENT FOOD, HEALTHY CUISINE, GOOD VALUE

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Loving Hut - Suntec City Mall: