CLOSED: Loving Hut - Sinsing

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for vegetarian living. Serving food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, and more. Name in Chinese 愛家國際連鎖餐飲, address 800台灣高雄市新興區中山一路283號. JULY 2014 REPORTED MOVED, NOT AT THIS LOCATION. Open for lunch and dinner. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Taiwanese, Take-out

First Review by junya
+++VeGaNiSaToR+++
+++VeGaNiSaToR+++

too long

2 Posted on 05 / 17 / 2013

you need 1 hour to eat alone at lunch !! You can have your drink after you already have finished your meal ...
They gave me my dessert frozen (all the pies are maid on the loving hut factories) ...
I advice you pancakes and to buy chocolate bagel to take-away for the breakfast :-)
Updated from previous review on Friday May 17, 2013

junya
junya

Just another link in the chain

3 Posted on 08 / 08 / 2010

With 119 locations worldwide (as of March 2010), Loving Hut has become a reference point for many vegetarians. Just as others head to McDonalds for familiar food in an unfamiliar locale, this is where I first came to eat when I arrived in Kaohsiung, because I enjoyed eating at Loving Huts in the San Francisco Bay area. Unfortunately, at that time the Happy Cow map located this shop incorrectly (it's fixed now), so I arrived after walking over an hour in midday 32C sun - not a very happy cow, in no mood for loving in the hut. The meal (a Chinese noodle soup) was a disappointment, but I knew I needed to revisit under better circumstances before passing judgment.
So I returned on a good day, after one month of dining in Kaohsiung, and ordered a different meal. Yet, to my surprise, I still was not impressed. There's an English menu with photos, yet in both visits service was confused, though friendly. The food was decent, no complaints. But it was no more than that. I actually preferred - I can't believe I'm writing this - Asian dishes at the US Bay area shops to the dishes at this shop in Asia. Perhaps it's relative perception: Bay Area Loving Huts stood out because tasty Asian vegan meals were not common in that region. But in Taiwan, fine vegan dining is everywhere. Here, there are so many places to get a better meal. I would recommend this shop for a good salad, however, since that is not so common elsewhere. Also, it is only 2 blocks south of the train station. So if you've just arrived with a full pack and an empty stomach, then you only need to take a short walk past the McD and KFC facing the station: this is the place for you.

Pros: location, menu
Cons: undistinguished food

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Loving Hut - Sinsing: