Part of international chain of vegan restaurants inspired by Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each location is individual family owned and operated. Serves all vegan food, non-alcoholic beverages, and vegan desserts. Name in Chinese 愛家國際連鎖餐飲. Call for hours - tell us. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Taiwanese, Take-out
180 Qingzhong Street, West Central District
Tainan, Taiwan 700
06-2140361

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by +++VeGaNiSaToR+++
Nikki1801
Nikki1801

Somewhere to eat...

Posted on 03 / 21 / 2015

Having eaten in LH's all over the world, this place is pretty average (but that's just my opinion, I didn't particularly rate the one in Taipei either...).

The menu had lots of things crossed out and only tea/coffee/soymilk or cranberry juice as drink offerings...which isn't the end of the world, but some other options would've been appreciated at dinner.

They speak little english so you just go by the vague english descriptions...I got the basil/pine nut rice(stew?) and it was SO disappointing. Had zero flavour...and zero pine nuts (it was basically just rice!). For the price, I wasn't happy but it was edible.
Second time i got the pumpkin coconut rice stew which was better....mixture of veggies/mock meats but had substance and flavour. My boyfriend got the tomato spaghetti and hated it....it was pasta and sweet n sour sauce with bits of mushroom...I guess asia's take on the dish, haha.

Having said that, with our set meal they gave us brown sugar soymilk (yummy) and a jelly with cream (also yummy). We did try skewers and they were also pretty decent for the price.
I also bought some packet hot chocolate from them- they've got some biscuits and things you can buy too.

Even though this is a part-negative review, we'd still go back there if in the area due to lack of other vegan options!

Ben-ManPhillips
Ben-ManPhillips

Yummy Loving Hut

Posted on 03 / 05 / 2015

Had a delicious hot pot here. Nice place, tasty food.
Price: moderate. 330 for my set meal.

vtraveller
vtraveller

Walkable From Bus Station

Posted on 10 / 11 / 2014

Just had a set lunch here. I'm transiting thru Tainan and have my luggage with me. This was walkable from the hsr bus drop, in about 10-15 mins.
I had a coconut pumpkin rice meal for 200nt.... totally full. With each set meal there 3 options. I chose the one with salad, bbq, and dessert. It was alright but I should have asked more questions... lots of mushrooms which I don't like, and hardly any pumpkin.
It's a small, typical loving hut, with Ching Hai playing on 2 tvs. Staff was friendly but spoke only a little English.

Pros: Location, Nice People

+++VeGaNiSaToR+++
+++VeGaNiSaToR+++

equal quality of others LH

Posted on 05 / 02 / 2013

not better or worse than others Loving hut restaurants, a good place in Tainan !

Dear Owner and Manager of Loving Hut - QingZhong: