Loving Hut - Londynska

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each location is individual family owned and operated. Serves vegan food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, and desserts. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Chinese, Asian, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by camipassos
earthville
earthville

Good variety of Asian dishes

4 Posted on 06 / 25 / 2014

At many Loving Hut franchises around the world, the focus on mock meats is so heavy that whole, unprocessed veggies can be neglected — but not so at this Londynska location. Here, fauxtein-oriented dishes still take top billing, but there are several dishes featuring broccoli, zucchini, bok choy, etc.

The aulac tofu (breaded with coconut flakes) was good. I can't really recommend the Thai curry here, as it was neither authentically Thai nor particularly tasty. One might be wise to stick to the Vietnamese options.

Drinking water is free and service is warm and friendly.

Pros: Good variety, All vegan
coling
coling

Love it

4 Posted on 05 / 09 / 2014

Always happy to find loving hut as I know I will get clean unadulterated food that has not been cooked to tastelessness . In Prague there are three and we ate at two, same consistent good simple food as in USA and Australia. And good value. The staff speak English which is a bonus. Well priced, vegan, ok a bit salty but it is Europe . They have buffet by the weight or a menu and all located near a tram route in the suburbs but still near to the inner areas.

Pros: Simple clean food, Price, Staff
Cons: A bit salty
kenvegan
kenvegan

Very Tasty Vegan Lunch Buffet

4 Posted on 08 / 28 / 2013

Tasty vegan Asian-influenced restaurant with a lunch buffet until 6PM, but the best selection for dishes before 6PM. menu service all day.

Pros: Food, Buffet
vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

Decent food, great cake, friendly staff

4 Posted on 07 / 23 / 2013

The food is by weight off of a hot food bar. Everything is vegan.

The lunch wasn't anything spectacular, but it was tasty, and the cake for dessert was really amazing. Staff was also very friendly and helpful.

Pros: All-vegan, Friendly, Cheap
hack_man
hack_man

Love The Hut

4 Posted on 06 / 11 / 2013

My 2nd LH experience, the first being in Warsaw and all good things to report. Here you can do a buffet with all sorts of vegan mock meat delights and amazing spring rolls paid by weight or you can go for the usual super value set meals. 3 more LH to do in Prague, looking forward to more great experiences. Water is free for the first glass then 5 CZK thereafter. Enjoy Loving Hut, embrace the goodness.

Pros: value, food, plenty of seating
Cons: no alcohol

Placek
Placek

Long time ago but unforgettable experience

4 Posted on 05 / 12 / 2013

I ate here in 2009 twice, left a nice review and even uploaded photos of the chocolate cake, rizotto and fake-steak we had here, but for some reason (I guess when Loving Hut extended to different locations, and reorganized the happycow pages) it was deleted.
Everything is vegan, only non-alcoholic beverages just as in any other Loving Huts all around the world. The food is amazing, however if you don't like the fake-meaty soy, seitan things (snooty health-oriented vegans usually don't) then this might not be your place. Mostly Asian influenced food though. However I have not been to this place since then, so there might be something new under the sun. Prices were really okay. I preferred the tables outside, since the weather was nice, however there are not so many, during lunch hours it can get crowded.
Updated from previous review on Sunday May 12, 2013

Pros: everthing is vegan, really good prices, huge portions
Cons: no alcohol :)
SagarKShah
SagarKShah

Amazing Spring Rolls

4 Posted on 09 / 23 / 2012

We came here on a Saturday lunch. We thought that the all-you-can buffet would be on, but we had to order a-la-carte. We ordered the burger (which was tasty, but loaded with sauce and quite messy to eat), fried spring rolls with tofu (which were delicious), and pho (which was nice, but we would have preferred it to have less fake meat and more fresh vegetables). There was only one person serving, whose English wasn't fantastic and seemed a bit stretched to serve everyone - but did the job she needed to do.

Overall - a filling, convenient and affordable vegan meal in a very pleasant district of Prague - but not somewhere to have an incredible gastronomical experience or a romantic meal.

Jeffrey_Monica
Jeffrey_Monica

Very good

5 Posted on 04 / 30 / 2012

This is located in a particularly nice area of Prague, away from the tours and tourist shops. The staff are very friendly and speak English. The food is quite good. We will go to other Loving Hut locations to compare them.

Pros: nice area, tasty vegan food, no smoking
Cons: none
elis
elis

the best veghamburger of my life!

4 Posted on 12 / 30 / 2011

This restaurant is very good: I've eaten the best veghamburger of my life and a wonderful curry soup!! good prices!! Then staff was very friendly!!

Pros: good value, friendly staff, big portions
Cons: healthy cuisine
33rpm
33rpm

Big like!

5 Posted on 07 / 31 / 2011

I already tried one loving-hut restaurant in vienna, so i chose to go for this one in prague.

It's located outside the old town, away from all the tourists.
If you're going there by foot, prepare that it takes about half an hour, but it's definitely worth it! Also, it's not difficult to find.

When I entered the place, i instantly remarked the cleanlyness and the bright colours. This makes a nice athmosphere. I got welcomed by the very nice staff.

I ordered vegetable-soup and chines fried noodles with "duck". The portions were very huge and so i had to fight to finish it all up, but i managed to do it^^
The taste was amazing, no complaints for this case. It was over my expectations.

The big surprise came when i asked for the receipt, i only paid about 8 euros for soup, huge main dish and beverage! No comparison to the restaurant in prague's oldtown. I was so happy that i got myself a nice fair-trade soymilk-coffee at a caffe around the corner.

As usual for loving-hut, everything is vegan!

If you want to have a nice vegan meal at a nice place, want to save some money and don't mind walking for some time, i can only recommend this place. I'll definitely go there again the next time i'm in prague.

Pros: Amazing food, cheap!
Jayjazz
Jayjazz

Great vegan chineese

4 Posted on 06 / 24 / 2011

I have visited the london one before, this is great chineese food, the mock duck is especially nice. The portions are really large we got a starter and I couldn't finish my main. Only down part is its alcohol free

Pros: tasty, smoke free, cheap
Cons: no alcohol
cookster
cookster

Lovin' Hut

4 Posted on 11 / 08 / 2010

I was skeptical when I discovered that the Loving Hut was a branch of the Quan Yin sect led by "the suprmeme master Ching Hai." I wasn't sure about supporting such a group, until one evening found myself being led down a street to a so-called "jidelna." Normally I understand this word to mean a cheap Czech cafeteria, so naturally I was surprised when I saw the Loving Hut in front of us. We dined on spring rolls and fried noodles and drank some really nice juice - they had 1 litre for 56Kc so we brought home 3/4 of a liter of juice. Not bad! The food was rather good! I was surprised how a spring roll of rice paper, rice noodles, a little lettuce and soy meat could fill me up! The dipping sauce was excellent and seems to be their trademark. I can't speak about the buffet they seem to offer but I think i'd like to try it. The staff was super friendly and spoke Czech and English, althuogh I can't say how well. Just make sure you don't change your mind about something mid order like we did! Across from us there was some meeting of vegan activists, a large group of Asians (couldn't make out what language it was exactly) with Gucci bags celebrating something, and couples on dates. We dined under some orignal art work of the supreme master and her books and pamphlets can be found throughout the restaurant. The atmosphere is nice but unique. It has a sort of vegan commercial restaurant feel - which would make sense. While I am going to stay away from the supreme master's cult but I think I will be returning to try more of their menu. The price, by the way, was just right. It was exactly half the cost as our favourite veg restaurant in Prague.

Pros: Tasty food, Price is right, Kind friendly staff
Cons: Cult
camipassos
camipassos

Superb!!

5 Posted on 10 / 21 / 2010

I was most pleased when I entered this place... A calm, relaxing atmosphere, the cleanness, the food *oh! it looked so good, the greenpeace group that was eating there... everything was saying we love our planet, we love all the living beings, and we cook damn good for you in the heart of Prague, where non meat dishes are quite hard to find. THE FOOD IS DELICIOUS, you have a choice of a normal menu or the buffet, I went for the buffet, nd man was it good! I had my cousin nd my brother with me (meat eaters) nd they loved the food too!!!! the place has an asian touch, for it is a vietnamese place, nd the price is as good as the food, for a huge meal u pay about 6 euros!! Thanks guys to make my day the day I went to eat there! everything is fresh nd delicious!!!! Note: it was around two in the afternoon nd the restaurant was busting wiv people that worked nearby, loved to see that in a city that has such a meat based tradicional cuisine!!!

Pros: good price, fresh goods, delicious food

Dear Owner and Manager of Loving Hut - Londynska: