Part of international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each location is individually family owned and operated. Serves all vegan food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, and vegan dessert. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Vietnamese, Asian, Buffet, Take-out
5474 Campbells Run Rd (Stuebenville Pike)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15205

BambiLee1024
BambiLee1024

My favorite!

Posted on 11 / 02 / 2014

This has to be my favorite vegan restaurant of all! The place is cute with a lot of motivational quotes on the wall and pictures of famous vegans. Everything I've ever had has been delicious and tastes authentic. They even have desserts (score!) And, to top it off, they have a buffet every Saturday, which I always leave overly-bloated but highly satisfied (a vegan's paradise!) It's so nice to go somewhere where every single menu item is vegan.

Pros: Vegan's paradise buffet, Dessert, All vegan
Cons: Somewhat pricey
DesiRayRay
DesiRayRay

Absolutely Delicious!

Posted on 06 / 28 / 2014

I went for the Saturday buffet (not knowing that they had a Saturday buffet) and it was amazing! Food was very tasty while not being too greasy/oily. Buffet was replete with, rice, noodles, soups, a variety of delicious faux meats, differently prepared tofu, and a good selection of fruit. It's a Pittsburgh must-go and is a place that both vegans and omnivores would enjoy!

Pros: Very friendly staff, Super Clean, Delicious food and a good variety of it
Cons: Buffet a bit pricey..worth it, though
Vegetarian1994
Vegetarian1994

Full vegan in Pittsburgh!

Posted on 05 / 28 / 2014

I love that there's a full vegan restaurant in Pittsburgh. The food is good, but I'd prefer more options that aren't fake meat.

Technicality
Technicality

Loving Hut

Posted on 02 / 19 / 2014

Mostly Asian style food typical of any restaurant anywhere. I had the veg stir fry. It was good. Needs more fresh options and less fried food and fake meat dishes.

Pros: all vegan, good prices/value
BranCorvine
BranCorvine

All Vegan!

Posted on 11 / 21 / 2013

If you like Vietnamese food then this is the place to go. They do have some other food like burgers and everything is vegan. Get that green cake. It's yum.

Pros: Large Selection, Friendly Staff, Lots Of Clean Dining Space
Cons: Maybe A Little Pricey
RoyT
RoyT

Great Restaurant!

Posted on 10 / 12 / 2012

I can't believe there are no reviews for this restaurant. My 1st visit. Staff very friendly. I had Guru Curry. Just wonderful. Prices very reasonable. Will return again the next time I am in Pittsburgh.

Pros: great food, good prices, friendly staff
Cons: none
Carrot_Stick
Carrot_Stick

Nice Hidden Surprise

Posted on 10 / 04 / 2012

Let me begin by saying that it is located well outside of the city of Pittsburgh. In fact, it is not far from the Pittsburgh International Airport.

Early last month, I dined with a friend of mine. We shared spring rolls, a salad, a lo mien dish and a barbecued seitan dish. For dessert, we shared a very decadent choclate cake and with specialty coffees. Our food was served hot, and it was delicious. The service was attentive and very educating.

From what I learned, the Loving Hut is a chain restaurant and is found in many diiferent places in the US and abraod. The ambience was Zen-like and I initially thought that the owner was Buddhist, but the philosophical/religious overtones of the framed quotations on the wall was more of a fusion between Buddhism and Christianity. The "founder" is Ching Hai, a Twainese guru spritiual leader and business woman.

Pros: extensive menu, good food, inexpensive
Cons: outside of the city
verdandi
verdandi

Love to Love the Loving Hut!

Posted on 06 / 20 / 2012

Really cute place with friendly staff who recommended great dishes. I had International Soup, which was really velvety and delicious. But I ate half of my sister's burger, which was out of this world....
Too bad about the out of the way location, I hope this place does well! It's the only vegan restaurant in town.

Pros: healthy, friendly place, Awesome food
Cons: remote location
rifka
rifka

A Vegan's Dream

Posted on 05 / 29 / 2012

As everyone else has stated, this restaurant is a vegan's delight and happens to be on OUR side of town though, unfortunately, our current financial situation will not allow us to get here as often as we would like. We, too, are worried that slow business may close this place, as it is definitely off the beaten path and patronship shows this. Crossing my fingers that they will stay afloat because they're the best game in town for vegans -- and their food is great!

Small complaint: The oil used to fry my "shrimp" seemed like it may have been used a few times too many (though I finished every morsel on my plate). Also, the cheesecake was a bit TOO creamy for my preference but still tasted good.

Pros: Great food, Friendly staff
SLC
SLC

Fantastic! Only all vegan place in Pittsburgh

Posted on 03 / 24 / 2012

We love their food and the care with which they prepare it. Never had anything that was not fantastic. Try their rasberry cheesecake. Unfortunately they are not in the city which is the only drawback and makes me a little concerened if they have enought guests out there. So let's support our only all cegan place in the Pittsburgh area!

Pros: very good food, best fake meat, wonderful deserts
Cons: location
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Loving Hut Pittsburgh

Posted on 12 / 05 / 2011

Possibly the only fully vegan restaurant in Pittsburgh, this Loving Hut (LH) does not disappoint. Although it appears to be in the middle of nowhere, it's located near a mall and the airport, so there are things to do after your meal if you so desire. I can vouch for the Pho, its great - but I can always do with less faux meats. The atmosphere is the same as all of the other LH's. I definitely recommend this LH if you're in the area.

hundleb
hundleb

LOVING the LOVING HUT!

Posted on 10 / 31 / 2011

This is a fabulous all-vegan restaurant. It's amazing how rare it is to be able to eat everything on the menu. It was slightly overwhelming at first!

We got the fresh rolls for a starter - fabulous.
I got the orange crispy tofu and it was unbelievable. My husband got a veggie lo mein dish and it was also to die for.

Having vegan dessert options was even more of a treat, so I splurged with the cherry cheesecake and was THRILLED!

Definitely going to make a habit of supporting the Loving Hut.

Pros: All Vegan, Healthy cuisine, Inexpensive
Cons: No wine nor BYOB
John Kevin
John Kevin

Visit Loving Hut PGH

Posted on 08 / 27 / 2011

I visit PGH on business at least once a month and was ecstatic when Loving Hut opened. Their buffet offered occasionally on Sundays can't be missed. Otherwise, everything I've tried on the menu is creative and good. The staff (seems to be a family?) are nice. This vegan oasis is only about 10 minutes from the PGH airport and near the retail area of Robinson Township. Don't miss Loving Hut!

Pros: Near to airport, Everything vegan!, Pleasant staff
SidheRa
SidheRa

Awesome!

Posted on 08 / 14 / 2011

I was visiting Pittsburgh yesterday with my (non-veg) mother, and I found Loving Hut through this website. The food and the service were amazing! It was so great to go to a restaurant where I could eat literally anything on the menu. Even the soap in the bathroom was vegan! (something I've found doesn't always happen where I live in Raleigh, NC.)

We ordered the Crispy Rolls as a starter; they came with a thin, light, sweet sauce. I ordered the Au Lac Sweet and Sour soup, which came with soy shrimp and various other varieties of vegan protein and vegetables. I've never eaten real shrimp, so I can't compare them, but the soy shrimp were outstanding (nice texture and flavor). I had a lot of soup leftover, which I took home and had for lunch today.

My mother ordered the Humble Burger, which was completely different from any veggie burger I've ever had. It was more like a cutlet than a burger, and it was topped with a thick, sweet barbecue sauce. She said it was the best burger she'd ever eaten. Given that she's a omnivore, this is definite high praise.

For desert, we split a piece of vegan cheesecake. It was thick and creamy without being heavy, and had a lovely consistency. My mother said that it didn't taste like dairy cheesecake, but that it was just as good or better than it nevertheless.

When we arrived around 12:30 on a Saturday, we were worried that there were no other people in the restaurant, but as we dined, more people showed up. Two different people came in for carryout during our visit, and four or five groups of people came in and sat down to eat.

For the two of us, we spent about $38 with tax and tip, which I think is very reasonable for ordering so much food. We were both very full after eating, and I would definitely go to this restaurant every week if I lived in the area. My mother said that same thing!

This is a super awesome vegan restaurant. My only problem was that the GoogleMap to the restaurant was wrong; it indicated that Loving Hut was across Steubensville Rd. Instead, it's located in the shopping center right next to the Sheetz on Campbells Run Road.

Check it out!!

Pros: amazing food, friendly staff, large portions
Cons: hard to find
mfilek
mfilek

Great vegan restaurant!

Posted on 06 / 10 / 2011

This is pretty much the only vegan restaurant that I know of in the West Hills and maybe in all of Pittsburgh. It is nice because the entire menu is vegan. I eat there fairly often and have never had something I did not enjoy. The prices are great too. I have never eaten in the restaurant, only gotten take-out.

Pros: healthy cuisine, good value
DizziNY
DizziNY

Posted on 05 / 07 / 2011

This place is very, very good. I always go there.

Pros: friendly staff, good food, wide veriety
Cons: No delivery service
Todd P
Todd P

Great addition to Pittsburgh Veg Restaurant Scene

Posted on 01 / 25 / 2011

My girlfriend & I were pleased to find a Loving Hut had opened up in Pittsburgh. The food is very good and the staff is friendly and helpful.

The menu is mostly Asian fusion, but with a few interesting exceptions. Loved the Golden Wontons. The desserts are really excellent, especially the cheesecake. (The German chocolate cake was also great). The prices seemed really low as well.

Location-wise, it's nowhere near Downtown/Southside/Oakland, etc, but if you're coming from the airport or live in the west, it's just about the only option in that area.

All in all, an excellent place. We'll be visiting every time we're back home.

Pros: Desserts, Food, Friendly staff
Cons: Location
mkeor32
mkeor32

Excellent food in the West Hills

Posted on 01 / 08 / 2011

I must say, the Loving Hut is a very welcome addition to the western side of Pittsburgh for my wife and I. We have lived here for the past three and a half years with little options for veggies, especially when it came to vegan options. We would nibble on things here and there, but never a dedicated vegan restaurant to call home, until now.

We went for the first time tonight, and were both very impressed with the food. Everything we had was excellent. We had the jumbo drumsticks (made of mushrooms, soy ham and tofu), coconut tofu and the tangy orange soy chicken. The sauces were all very tasty and they know how to prepare their tofu properly. We also got the lemon grass chicken which was very very spicy. It was good, but if you are faint of heart when it comes to spicyness, be aware.

My wife and I will definitely be going back. There is a ton of other food on the menu that looks very appetizing, along with shakes and desserts worth the try.

Service was good, efficient and very friendly. Their prices are very reasonable. You get a lot of good food for a pretty low price. The only knock I'd have is location, not so much for where it is from my perspective, but where it is to generate business. If it wasn't for happy cow we wouldn't have known it was there (and we drive past there all the time). It's on a hill on a road where most people are passing by, with very little (if any) foot traffic (from Stuebensville Pike towards Settlers Ridge). It's fine for veggies who know it's there, but with a lack of other businesses in their proximity it may hurt them from a business perspective (I hope I'm wrong).

If you find yourself anywhere in the West Hills area of Pittsburgh, this place is definitely worth going to. As far as I know, it's the only vegetarian restaurant in this area, so I hope word spreads and that they can be successful.

Pros: Great food, good prices, friendly staff
DC Vegan
DC Vegan

A vegan gem in Pittsburgh

Posted on 01 / 02 / 2011

My boyfriend and I were in Pittsburgh for the NHL Winter Classic (we're Washington Capitals hockey fans) and were delighted to discover that a Loving Hut was essentially right around the corner from our hotel. I heard from someone else who had been there that it had just opened, which may explain the lack of customers. Both times we went the place was practically empty. It's also in a strip mall at the top of a hill. Coupled with the lack of crosswalks, this meant it wasn't really walkable for us, so we drove.

The food, however, is delicious. It's wonderful to be in a restaurant and realize you can order anything on the menu because everything is vegan. We began with the Fresh Summer, which were tasty, but very much like rolls we get in most Asian restaurants. For an entree, I got the Grilled Sensation, a combination of savory soy protein chunks, veggies, and rice, while my boyfriend got the Ginger Tofu, with chunks that were soft without being mushy and had just the right flavor. We also got dessert, a chocolate cake with the most amazing mousse-like frosting. We enjoyed it so much we went back the second day, where I got the Coco Tofu (very interesting) and he got the Guru Fried Rice.

The service was a bit slow--perhaps that's the atmosphere, and I wasn't crazy about the Supreme Master TV playing in the background. But the restaurant was otherwise bright and roomy, and worth a trip if you're in Pittsburgh.

Pros: tasty food, good prices, all vegan
Cons: service was a bit slow, TVs on in restaurant

Dear Owner and Manager of Loving Hut - Pittsburgh: