CLOSED: Loving Hut

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each location is individually family owned and operated. Serves all vegan food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages. Offers a buffet with a selection of fresh salads and hot dishes. Relocated from Luitpoldstrasse. SHUT DOWN IN JAM 2015 PER ITS FB. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Asian, Western, Organic, Take-out, Buffet
Kirchenweg 22
Nuremberg, Germany
0162-3911960

Call for hours - tell us

• Wheelchair accessible
  • Cash only

First Review by mollyp
olgucz
olgucz

Disrespectful service

Posted on 08 / 07 / 2014

To start off, I've been to over 10 Loving Huts around the world and this is by far the worst.
We came in on a Sunday afternoon before a long drive home.

Now, above the buffet there were two identical signs explaining the price - one in English and one in German. We immediately noticed that the English one said EUR 10 for all-you-can-eat, whereas on the German one it was only EUR 8. As we pointed this out to each other, the guy swiftly turned the German sign around and pretended nothing ever happened. RUDE AND DISRESPECTFUL. We both felt INSULTED by the fact that they would charge foreigners more. This is by all means not a way to do business.

Since the choice of dishes was rather scarce we decided to go with the buffet by weight. The guy quickly prepared some fresh noodles and rice in addition.
Food was just OK.

Pros: some dishes freshly prepared, quiet location, plenty of seating
Cons: foreigners end up paying more, poor choice of dishes
vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

Not special, not among best Loving Hut locations

Posted on 06 / 29 / 2014

If you're nearby and looking for something veg, going here is fine.

However, it's not worth any kind of commute. I've been to numerous Loving Hut locations around the world, and this one is definitely in the bottom half. Food wasn't anything special, and neither was the service.

Pros: All vegan
Cons: "Blah" experience
VeganJazzman
VeganJazzman

It's OK!

Posted on 05 / 01 / 2014

Buffet, menu, affordable. But not really outstanding. Street is wrong on HappyCow: it is KirchenWEG not KirchenSTR

Pros: Price
Cons: Quality

britred11
britred11

Great food in small family owned restaurant

Posted on 04 / 27 / 2014

We went to this restaurant on a saturday at 3:30pm at which time it was blissfully empty (3:30 pm is not a usual lunch time in Germany by any means) which gave us the benefit of receiving the staffs full attention. I decided to try out the buffet (10,50 EUR per Person, or per weight if you are not that hungry but would like to try a variety of foods). As I decided on the buffet they freshly prepared some of the items that are of course better freshly made. The buffet was not immensely huge but enough for me to load up my plate twice to be able to try anything from sweet/sour seitan dish, vegan stir fries, different vegetables, breaded cauliflower (love it!) as well as a few sushi options. The location is a bit out of the immediate center but a nice quiet location and when we were there, we were the only guests and the staff was very welcoming, polite and accommodating. This is a place for a quick, good meal for sure. Would go back again.

Pros: inexpensive, good food, ok location
Cons: not in immediate center, could use a bit more flair
RoseVonVegan
RoseVonVegan

One of the best Loving Huts, easy to get to, tasty!

Posted on 03 / 07 / 2014

I went here last week on the end of my trip to Nuremberg. A real shame I only went there on the last day, because I had been working in the evenings on the other days and didn't realise just how easy this place was to get to, that they have wifi, and that the food is really, really great.

The place is owned and run by a lovely Vietnamese family. I ate some tasty food from the buffet - will attach pictures. I especially liked that the options were not overly greasy like some Loving Huts and that there was a lot of veg on offer. The majority was also gluten-free. Spices were just right - just enough to be tasty to someone who loves their spice but not over the top.

A note regarding the location and public transport:
This place is less than fifteen minutes including walking from the town centre (Opernhaus or Hauptbahnhof) - get directions from the official Nuremberg transport site, not Google, as Google indicates it is a lot further than it is! Fifteen minutes or less door-to-door from my accommodation at Opernhaus.

If you are in Nuremberg, it would be a great shame not to come here. As a vegan, going to conferences and trade fairs can sometimes be a hassle because of the food. But now I know about this place, trips to Nuremberg will be a much more viable option.

Pros: Easy to get to, Tasty, not excessively greasy, Friendly staff
Cons: Google misled me about how hard it was to get ther
wildfang
wildfang

Cheap fast food - nothing special

Posted on 02 / 28 / 2011

This Loving Hut is like any other Loving Hut - it has a wide range of cheap fast food dishes on offer, not very healthy, usually too salty, even the side salad is hard to find under the masses of creamy salad dressing, the ice cream was more sugar than fruit. Only good to fill your stomach with something after an exhausting day traveling. At least there was music playing so you didn't have to listen to Ching Hai's brain wash coming from the TV running all time.
The staff was very friendly, though, and the location is conveniently close to the main station. Still better to support this place than the Burger King around the corner.

Pros: big portions, friendly staff, inexpensive
Cons: "Supreme Master" Ching Hai 24/7, food not fresh, most things deep-fried
sucubus
sucubus

go there and enjoy food

Posted on 02 / 02 / 2011

very delicious food, friendly people, cheap prices, fast and fresh meals

day-hee
day-hee

Great little spot!

Posted on 12 / 13 / 2010

This restaurant is actually called Loving Hut and is one of several international locations. There is quite a big Loving Hut in my home city of Toronto, but this one in Nuremberg was the first I'd visited, and I can definitely say that I will be going to the one in Toronto when I get back!

There is a good-sized menu, mostly Asian fare, all vegan. The food is prepared hot and fresh right there in front of you upon ordering, and there was also a small selection of home-baked goods. I had the gulasch(5,00) at the recommendation of my server (a HUGE portion - white rice to go with the gulasch of potatoes, seitan, bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms), plus a yummy ginger-cardamom muffin (1,50). The staff spoke English, were very friendly and I appreciate that my meal was freshly cooked and piping-hot! This Nuremberg location is teeny-tiny with only a few tables for seating, but it wasn't busy at the time that I was there. I will definitely be visiting any Loving Huts I come across in any other city!

Pros: Great food, made fresh and hot, Friendly, helpful service, Right in the city centre
Cons: Limited seating
mollyp
mollyp

Excellent

Posted on 05 / 21 / 2010

Large menu with many asian and non-meat options.

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Loving Hut: