Loving Hut - Norwich

Previously named Vegeland, now an official branch of Loving Hut. Part of International chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for vegetarian living. Confirmed open August 2012. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Chinese, American, Buffet, Fast food, Take-out
28 Cattle Market Street, Norwich, Norfolk (City centre, opposite Castle Mall)
Norwich, England
07845-282127

Open Mon-Fri 11:30-5pm, Sat 11am-4pm, closed Sun.

First Review by vegeheaven
oliverdunk
oliverdunk

Some of the best vegan food I've eaten.

5 Posted on 06 / 13 / 2013

Lovely Asian buffet. Very cheap and easy too. If you want good tasty food for very little money, this is the place to go.
Have been meat eater previously, and used to eat here prior to turning vegan, and still the best chinese/Asian food I have eaten.
Will make you forgot all about meat. Best place!

NorwichVeggie
NorwichVeggie

Nice food, nowhere to sit.

4 Posted on 06 / 04 / 2013

Yummy chinese-style vegan takeaway with tasty food and friendly staff. The dishes are not labelled, but the very frienly woman working there was keen to tell us what everything was (and warn us if things were very spicy).
Good value for money (£4 for medium size box of takeaway which was plenty).
The odd religious undertone is a bit off-putting with Supreme-Master TV playing in the background, but no-one tries to convert you.
We took our food and sat in the castle grounds (opposite Loving Hut) as the restaurant only has one table with no chairs and it was a nice sunny day.

Pros: Good value, tasty, good vaiety, , friendly staff, vegan
Cons: Nowhere to sit, religious undertone
Coadey
Coadey

Wonderful staff, lovely takeaway

5 Posted on 09 / 24 / 2012

Although this is one of the smaller Loving Hut locations without indoor seating, the fare is outstanding. Very popular with the locals, the friendly staff are always cooking up fresh hot 100% vegan food for the mini-buffet and it's excellent value. In addition they offer frozen and refrigerated foods (including Cheezly and Vegusto) and the best vegan cheeseburger anywhere (with complimentary mushrooms, fried onions, and unlimited chips!). When I tried to leave a tip they gave me a vegan candy bar; they're so nice. :) If you're anywhere in the area this is a must-visit.

Pros: value buffet, friendly chefs
Sammo84
Sammo84

Great stuff

5 Posted on 04 / 20 / 2012

This place is great. Every single dish is so tasty and they have loads of options to buy from the freezer from vegan cod fillets, to mutton pieces.

For £4 you get a massive takeaway box of great food and you'll never meet a happier more helpful owner.

Pros: Great food, Friendly staff
Lynn Howe
Lynn Howe

Love the Hut

4 Posted on 10 / 25 / 2011

For hard-core vegans, The Loving Hut may be an entirely new experience. We've never eaten in Chinese restaurants and most take away places are off the menu too. So the deep-fried emphasis is new to us. On our first visit we weren't sure, but I've been back a few times now and feel I've got tuned in. The food is fresh and tasty and deep fried and very good value. Still not sure about TVP meaty things, so I avoid the obvious alternative meat substitutes. I'm told The Hut is perfect if you're nursing a hang-over food, which I can believe. The staff are friendly and helpful and it's great to have The Hut on the list of options for lunch in Norwich. Also, I saw Benjamin Zephaniah in there. What more can I say?

Pros: Fresh, Cheap, Very different vegan fare
Cons: Lots of fried stuff, Lots of TVP meat, Nowhere to sit inside
astramax151
astramax151

super cheap, super friendly secret veggie haven

5 Posted on 10 / 08 / 2010

fantastic selection of chinese buffet food, 2 size take away containers or £3.99 plate to eat in with free refills. this is superb food + superb value. also the lady behind the counter when we went in is so friendly + enthuiastic, it's nice to be greeted with a smile! highly,highly recommended, go + enjoy.

Pros: great food , great value, lovely people
Flick27
Flick27

Amazing

5 Posted on 10 / 03 / 2010

This place is so good - the food is really nice and really cheap. A large takeaway tray is £3.50. I think you can refill this for an extra couple of quid.
It is open on saturdays now too!
Only problem is no seats, which is fine in summer when you can go to castle gardens across the road, but not good when its raining! But its a small place and there's not much they can do about that. Really nice people. I hope they'll do well out of this cos they deserve it!

Pros: Lush food, Cheap, Friendly
Cons: Shuts at 5pm, Nowhere to sit
Vegan Jonathan
Vegan Jonathan

Loving loving hut!

5 Posted on 07 / 05 / 2010

I just visited this place for the first time in June 2010 and thought it was wonderful. Staff were so helpful and friendly. Everything is vegan, pasta, rice, curries and sweets. There are similar places to this in London and we are lucky to have on here. Do please support it! It is excellent value for money and you can choose just exactly what and how much you want. They also have a good selection of frozen foods. The only down sides can be parking for a takeway (there is a multi storey opposite though) and I wish they had somewhere more comfortable for you to sit and eat as it's really a take out. I hope you love it as much as i do!

Pros: Best choice of this type of food locally, Value, Just fabulous
Cons: Parking outside, Better seating
martina22
martina22

A Hidden Treasure!

5 Posted on 05 / 27 / 2010

Fantastic little place that's 100% vegan with an incredible variety of frozen food I've never found anywhere else - vegan cod, vegan eel, vegan goose to name a few! Lunch buffet is delicious, really tasty and colourful chinese sweet and sour, thai curries, noodle dishes, salads (as well as a few things like chips and hot dogs) and mini cupcakes. Super cheap prices. They even have vegan prawn crackers - amazing! Run by really nice people too, the lady is a talented chef - she even makes deliciously fluffy savoury dumplings. definitely check it out if you are in Norwich!

Pros: Large portions, lovely family staff, divine food
Cons: not open evenings or weekends
Be Viet
Be Viet

Thanks to all friends Loving Hut

5 Posted on 05 / 04 / 2010

Many thanks, I really love all your foods and the food taste is very great. You've developed very much with defferent foods since I first came here.
Very please from Be Cheer!....

Veggieguy22
Veggieguy22

Loving Hut is Awesome!

5 Posted on 04 / 22 / 2010

Awesome Veg / Vegan eating place!!
The food is wonderful and tasty and you won't find a better Veg takeaway in Norwich!
What's more you can have a massive portion for only £3.
I go there every week with my friends.
Nice owners too!

Try it....you will like it!

Pros: Wonderful food!!, Tasty!!!, Cheap!!!
Ellio
Ellio

Awesome place

5 Posted on 04 / 20 / 2010

Really good, cheap food. Why is this place not open at the weekend??! Every time I have a day off work I make sure I treat myself to a vegeland. Soooooo good!

Pros: Awesome food, cheap, Nice people
Cons: Not open weekends!, Can't eat in
  • vegeheaven vegeheaven

Thank you for your comment.We now changed our name from Vegeland into Loving Hut which is a global vegan restaurant chain.After consideration, we now decided to open on Saturdays from 11:00 to 4:00.Hope to see you soon and thanks for your support.

nclarken
nclarken

Brilliant

4 Posted on 12 / 02 / 2009

A tiny place, in a poor location, but run by a brilliant woman that provides an excellent, if small, lunchtime buffet. There is usually three choices of sauce, to go with noodles or nice, and various extras. Price is around 3 or 4GBP. It's very cheap and very nice.

Pros: Cheap, Charming
Cons: Location, Few Dishes

Dear Owner and Manager of Loving Hut - Norwich: