Loving Hut - Bjerregaards gate

Second Loving Hut in Oslo, open Apr 2014. Asian vegan fast food cafe that's part of the international chain of restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each location is individual family owned and operated. Serves all vegan food, desserts, and non-alcoholic beverages. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Asian, Vietnamese, Fast food, Take-out

liva
liva

Awesome

5 Posted on 09 / 20 / 2014

I've went here twice, and it was fantastic. The first time, I ordered the 'BBQ Melody' (including rice noodles, A M A Z I N G soy protein/meat substitute - and I don't even like meat substitutes - and some spring rolls), and for dessert I chose 'nice cream', which - suprisingly - wasn't banana ice cream, but actually an ice cream made of superfood. It was heavenly.
The second time, I ordered the pizza with homemade cheese. The weirdo I am, I've never been into cheese, really, but this cheese wasn't NEARLY as 'heavy' and sickening as dairy cheese. I almost didn't notice it, which was really good. It tasted like pizza with a slight hint of cheese. I loved it. This time, I chose 'Walnut and chocolate ball' (or something like that) for dessert. AMAZING. Simply delicious.
I would definitely recommend this to anyone, meat eater or vegan (it's great that I don't even have to examine the ingredients in every single meal, because EVERYTHING IS VEGAN).

Pros: Excellent food, nice portions, friendly staff
Cons: Maybe a little pricy: understandable, doesn't have all the 'menu meals'
Maakun
Maakun

Pretty decent

4 Posted on 08 / 29 / 2014

Unlike another Loving Hut not far away from here this one was not closed. Small menu, quite decently priced. We had the summer rolls as starters which were really good. The mains were OK. Nice asian style and not too westernized. My BBQ soy steak tasted mostly like soyprotein without much other flavor.

Decent service. I'm really not into their weird sect vibe, but the woman working there was nice enough, and at least they didn't have the Supreme master tv blaring somewhere. Would visit again.

halvore
halvore

OPEN & GREAT

5 Posted on 08 / 13 / 2014

They sell great and inexpensive vegan food and are definitely NOT closed, in contrast to what a previous reviewer said. They're also very friendly - and flexible for those of us who don't want onion and garlic.

marivegan
marivegan

My favorite restaurant

5 Posted on 07 / 28 / 2014

I have yet to visit another Loving Hut restaurant that can compare with Loving Hut Bjerregaards gate. The favorite meal is the "Spicy Burger". I simply love it! But all of the dishes I have tried here is so good! "BBQ melody" is also delicious.
The restaurant staff is so nice and welcoming. I always feel welcome. I never get disappointed with the food from Loving Hut Bjerregaards gate. I will recommend this restaurant 100% =)You will not regret it!

Pros: Spicy Burger, The Staff, Board games
Cons: Can't think of any..!
imogenmichel
imogenmichel

Good sized portions of tasty vegan food

4 Posted on 07 / 23 / 2014

While I was in Oslo on a recent trip, I came here and to the other Loving Hut in Fredenborgsveien for a meal out. I preferred the style of food in the other location, but I still very much enjoyed my meal of harmony soy protein with pineapple, which came in a huge serving (more than I could eat!). The main advantage of this restaurant over the other one is that it is larger and has more sit-down seating spaces.

Pros: Nice vegan food, Plenty of sit-down seating, Bright, airy space
Cons: Slightly on the expensive side, even for Oslo!
Jack Delpia
Jack Delpia

5 Posted on 05 / 11 / 2014

This and the other Loving Hut are the only 100% vegan restaurants in Oslo, as far as I am aware. So breathe easy and settle in. Super friendly staff will serve you a variety of tasty dishes. I've tried the noodles, a couple of rice dishes, all the desserts (yum!), one of the raw organic offerings, and both the burgers. All scrumptious. Always served with a smile. Very reasonable prices for Oslo too. I highly recommend this place and urge you to get to know the staff who always want to get your dish just the way you like it. Bravo!

Pros: Tasty food, Good variety of dishes, Friendly service
Cons: Slow service when busy, understandably!, Not a cosy romantic dinner place, fine., Slow coffee machine for now.
lotsofchickpeas
lotsofchickpeas

Great food, decent prices, nice staff

5 Posted on 04 / 26 / 2014

Went after having found it on HappyCow, turns out they just opened! Had a spicy burger (65) and a muffin (20). Both were really good and filling. Will absolutely recommend! Staff is also friendly and welcoming.

Pros: Inexpensive, Friendly, Tasty
Cons: Indoors only

Dear Owner and Manager of Loving Hut - Bjerregaards gate: