CLOSED: Loving Hut - Moscow

The first vegan restaurant in Moscow, opened in April 2011. It's part of the international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each location is individual family owned and operated. Serves all vegan food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, and vegan desserts. Directions: from Rechnoy Vokzal Metro take a free bus to Capitoliy Shopping Center. Address in Russian: Правобережная ул., д. 1 Б, Россия. SEPT 2013 REPORTED SHUT. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Asian, International, Take-out, Delivery

veggieriga
veggieriga

Great vegan food

5 Posted on 06 / 25 / 2013

There is a free bus from Rechnoy Vokzal that runs every half hour or hour. However, it can be a bit difficult to find at first. There are also marshrutka leaving every few minutes that cost around 30 rubles (one dollar) that pass the mall. They say Auchan (ашан) on front. It takes about five minutes by marshrutka. Once at the mall, it is easy to find the schedule for the shuttle buses back to the subway.

There is a location in the food court and also a sit down restaurant. I recommend the sit down restaurant, as the stuff in the food court is prepared in advance and they didn't seem to be very busy when I was there, so the food was sitting around for a long time. On the menu in the restaurant, I saw on the menu a veggie burger and at first I wanted to order that, but they told me they did not have it. So I had a seitan dish which was good. However, after eating there, I realized there was also a location in the food court, and there they had veggie burgers, but they did not tell me that when I was asking about the veggie burgers. But perhaps it's just as well because the food in the food court appeared to have been sitting around for a while. There was no lunch set when I was there but during the week, before five I believe, there is a discount on the regular menu. I visited the restaurant last year so things may have changed since then.
Updated from previous review on Monday June 24, 2013

Updated from previous review on Tuesday June 25, 2013

Pros: great vegan food, discounts at lunch
Cons: far from the center, no lunch set
Vitalina
Vitalina

Loving Hut Moscow

5 Posted on 11 / 05 / 2012

Visited the restaurant in September. The food is delicious, the waiters are friendly. We were very pleased. The only disadvantage of this restaurant - it's location. Located almost in Khimki! Because of this and food delivery in Moscow dear.

Pros: food, friendly waiters, pleasant decor
Cons: location
Guest
Guest

does not exist anymore

2 Posted on 09 / 13 / 2011

Although we new the address, the restaurant was not easy to find. We arrived at the metro station "rechnoy vokzal", which is at the very end of Moscow. First of all we had to find the right bus station (bus nmbr 173, 199, station chimkinskaya bolnica), then after traveling 30 minutes, we headed further to the shopping mall, where the restaurant was located. First we took the wrong entrance, then finally found the right one and could get to the second floor which was under construction. So we went to the third floor where a security guard told us that the restaurant closed a few weeks ago.
We were really disappointed but saw a nearby restaurant, where microwave soup and frozen food were served (not really veg).

Pros: could be reopened after finishing the, construction site
Cons: does not exist anymore
olgucz
olgucz

bistro/fast food style

5 Posted on 08 / 16 / 2011

Having been at Loving Hut in Spain, this was the place we wanted to eat at the most.

We actually went there twice, and have sampled almost all of the menu by now. :) I suggest you go to their website for menu (МЕНЮ) and prices, because they might not speak English there.

I would recommend fried dumplings with mushrooms or TSP (Пельмени), traditional Russian potato salad (Оливье), sour cream (сметана) which they make on the spot, cheesecakes (Чизкейк) and pakora (Пакора).

The place has opened recently, therefore I don't mind any preparation slips or if the seasoning is a bit off. What matters is that you can have * anything* there and not worry about it containing animal products.

A piece of advice is that you order a few items, as they come on very small plates ;) we, for example, had three each.

GETTING THERE: when you are at the Rechnoy vokzal, walk past the bus-stops, cross the street, turn right and walk some 300m until you see a bus-sign with the supermarket name on it.

Pros: price, variety
Cons: far from citycentre

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Loving Hut - Moscow: