Part of international chain of vegan food restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Serving all vegan food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, and vegan dessert. Each location is individually family owned and operated. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Vietnamese, Asian, Take-out, Catering
9928 Mira Mesa Blvd (Scripps Ranch Blvd)
San Diego, California 92131

stacypatel
stacypatel

Vegan options abound

Posted on 12 / 25 / 2014

We enjoyed our meal here, although healthy and organic is not the focus for sure! It is a fun and peaceful restaurant for a meal focused on fun and flavor rather than healthy eating. Fake meat, non organic soy dominates the menu.

Pros: variety, service was helpful, clean
Cons: non-organic soy only offered , fake meat is focus
vegan4life58
vegan4life58

Food Was Excellent

Posted on 12 / 24 / 2014

The food was great. Some of the best vegan meals I have ever had.

pyatrus
pyatrus

Great vegan restaurant in area (the ONLY one!)

Posted on 08 / 17 / 2014

Great variety in menu. Disappointed that organic ingredients & healthy options are not the focus. I am often in area early evening & restaurant is always closed then.

Pros: Vegan, many menu items
Cons: Not Organic (I need to verify), closed early evenings, turn into parking lot awkward

Venfabio
Venfabio

Wonderful

Posted on 06 / 22 / 2013

This was outstanding bold flavors excellent service peaceful atmosphere..
My family and I will be back.

Pros: quality, taste, atmosphere
Cons: none, none, none
2002rulz
2002rulz

Excellent!

Posted on 03 / 20 / 2013

We ate here while visiting from out of town and it was excellent. We got an eggplant tofu dish, healthy fried rice, lemon grass veggie meat type dish, and some chef's special rolls. Everything was delicious and even our toddler enjoyed the fried rice.

DavidStolarz
DavidStolarz

One of the Better Loving Huts

Posted on 12 / 09 / 2012

I have been to a couple of Loving Huts but this one seemed to be the best so far. When I went to Loving Huts in the past I found the portions too small, especially for the price. As a result I would spend too much and not fill myself up. Here, one entree and a shared order of egg rolls was satisfactory. The location is great in a nice part of San Diego just off the 15 Fwy. My only complaint was that the men's room appeared to be out-of-order but there was no sign on the door to inform you of this. As I result, I ended up waiting a long time to get in thinking it was occupied.

Pros: Great Location, Delicious Food , Good-Sized Portions
Cons: Small , Somewhat Expensive, Men's room was out of order but no sign.
olaMD
olaMD

Awesome family place!

Posted on 06 / 02 / 2012

My son is severely allergic to dairy and egg so instead of fighting with staff to check if his food might kill him, we went to this vegan place instead (we are total carnivores!) And we brought our carnivore friends with us (a family of 4). Total of 4 kids, 2x 6 year old and 2x 2 year old. We all had a blast. The food was not only edible, it was great! The kids were eating off each others plates and nobody complained about having to eat their vegetables! Then they dug into the dessert! A huge slice of chocolate peanut butter cake (great!) and another of coconut cake (so, so), plenty for the 7 of us. Lots of non-dairy milk shakes on the menu too. What a fabulous experience! Coming back as soon as we can!

Pros: Great food, Great for families, Reasonable pricing
Cons: The fake flowers gotta go!
willtuttle
willtuttle

Tasty food and uplifting dining experience

Posted on 06 / 26 / 2011

This restaurant has delicious food - for both seasoned vegans as well as people just testing the waters -- and also has the most cheerful and friendly staff which really increases the positive experience of dining. The greens are fresh, and I'm told that a lot of the produce is organic, which is amazing, considering the reasonable prices. And the tofu is also organic, which is great to know.
Creative and appealing menu, and a philosophy of compassion for all life and environmental sustainability, which makes going there and buying dinner practically a tax-deductible donation to a worthy cause!

Pros: innovative menu, Organic ingredients, high ethical foundation
tlm
tlm

worth a visit

Posted on 06 / 22 / 2011

I have been several times with my husband and friends and not been disappointed with the food. The service is a bit funky like getting your entree before your appetizer (happened twice now), but the food is great and the price is very affordable. We definitely will go again.

Pros: affordable, variety of choices, clean
Cons: service could be more streamlinedZ
jdr-1
jdr-1

Very good

Posted on 03 / 29 / 2011

There is very few if any, vegan restaurants in Mira Mesa. Glad that this one opened here. Good service and great food. I totally recommend loving hut in Mira Mesa. Only issue is parking. Overall it's great.

Pros: food, service
Cons: umm...parking?
nuna
nuna

Good food, but where is the service

Posted on 02 / 23 / 2011

Good food, but lacking in good service; I hope this is only due to the newness of the establishment. As well, the staff needs to learn that baby seal clubbing on the television is not conducive to enjoyment of a meal.

Pros: Good food, vegan
Cons: Poor service, Seal Clubbing

Dear Owner and Manager of Loving Hut - Mira Mesa: