Loving Hut - Milpitas

Milpitas vegan restaurant providing fast food meals for lunch and sit-down a la carte dinner. Uses organic and non-GMO ingredients. Also serving cakes, non-alchoholic beer and wine, and other beverages. It's part of the Loving Hut international chain of vegan food restaurants inspired by Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each location is individual family owned and operated. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Vietnamese, Asian, American, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by jimcklo
tristan
tristan

Love the variety here!

4 Posted on 09 / 01 / 2012

Let me just say that this Loving Hut location already gets points for having a MUCH more diverse & extensive menu than its tiny Palo Alto location. Plus they offer well-known vegan products for purchase in their freezer case, which is pretty cool.

I had the Gourmet Fried Rice and Malaysia Curry Chow Mein, which was a little bit spicy, but really quite good and extremely filling. I reeeeally wanted a Thai Tea (which, I might add, have not had in years since going vegan) but it hadn't been prepared yet. I'm also little sad I didn't have room for dessert. Next time I'm totally ordering some stuff to go.

The only problem for me was the location. It's not merely that I live 12 miles west, but that Loving Hut - Milpitas is kind of tucked away in an a strip mall, which in turn is tucked away behind an office park. There's not really a chance for a lot of foot-traffic, patronage from those passing by, and you cannot spot it from the road. In short, you pretty much have to specifically be going to Loving Hut. Which is too bad, because this one kinda rocks and I want more people to come here.

That being said, the staff was courteous, the location was spacious and clean and inviting (although my opinions/taste as far as interior design differ--BUT, this is kind of irrelevant)and all-in-all I had a really good experience here.

Pros: Plenty of menu items, Reasonably priced, Good food
Cons: Somewhat obscure location
SusanaFung
SusanaFung

Love it!! Top 5 favorites!!

5 Posted on 10 / 31 / 2008

If you take people to eat with you, he/she will never tell it's vegan unless you tell him/her. They have anything and more you can think of. It's just delicious, healthy and the whole decoration is so elegant and clean and bright. I simply LOVE it!

Pros: Delicious, excellent healthy food, clean, birhgt, elegant place, friendly staff
Cons: huge variety vegan food, great coffee/drinks, delicious dessert
rockcita
rockcita

Great food, great staff

5 Posted on 10 / 27 / 2008

Spouse and I got to Loving Hut shortly after they closed for lunch. They were willing to make some "to go" food for us, but after we explained we had driven over 100 miles to get there for my birthday lunch, they graciously seated us. The food was very good, the menu selections abundant, the interior of the restaurant pleasant, and the restrooms were tidy and well supplied. Even though they were preparing for the dinner hour, they never once tried to hurry us up. At the end of our meal, two of the staff came to our table with a flan with a lit candle in it for my birthday. Give Loving Hut a try...I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, pleasant interior and exterior
aielywang
aielywang

Loving Hut

5 Posted on 07 / 23 / 2008

I have been here several times, a vegan food restaurant featuring delicious vegetarian foods, great deserts and beverages. Unique setting of the elegant colors and decoration bring a heavenly peace and love atmosphere. My non-vegetarian friends, colleagues were very impressed to find soy-based vegetarian foods were so delicious and tasty. The taro pearl drink, Thai pearl ice tea, the vegan cakes, and other deserts ended the meals with a great satisfaction. We definitely enjoyed everything we have ordered so far and will go back again and again.

Pros: Delicious food, drink, desert, excellent atmosphere and decoration, friendly personnels
jimcklo
jimcklo

Excellent food for vegetarians and everyone!

5 Posted on 07 / 22 / 2008

The food is excellent not only for vegetarians (vegans) like me but also for EVERYONE like many of my friends who enjoy the meal together.

This is because Loving Hut offers a very accessible starting point for those who try to make a noble transition toward plant-based diets.

Taking Loving Hut's barbecue dish as an example, if someone were served it, she or he wouldn't even know it was vegetarian. It is just similar to the actual barbecur pork!

Pros: Excellent food, Excellent for vegans and everyone, Great atmophere

Dear Owner and Manager of Loving Hut - Milpitas: