Part of international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for vegetarian living. Each location is individual family owned and operated. Serves food with organic ingredients, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, and vegan desserts. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Asian, Western, Organic

Tue-Sun 12:00pm-2:30pm, 7:00pm-9:30pm

First Review by qysoul
Pamina
Pamina

Most beautiful location & fantastic food

Posted on 01 / 05 / 2015

This must be one of the best located vegan restaurants in the world: Almost directly by the sea! You can sit outside in the sunshine and have a wonderful meal while enjoying the most beautiful view of the Mediterranean... It hardly gets any better than that!
Unfortunately, there is a road between the restaurant and the seafront and lots of cars go by, but in fact, it didn't bother me at all and I hardly noticed because everything else was so perfect.

Service was friendly and quick, although the restaurant was packed with people. When reading the menu I really had difficulties deciding because there were so many things that sounded fantastic, and moreover, so many unusual things that you don't get in any other restaurants. Contrary to other Loving Huts that I visited before, Asian dishes are just one part of what is on offer, the focus is rather on local dishes. I really liked that and so I chose the Pasta Genovese which tasted fantastic!
In addition, the prices were really down to earth, I feel that they could charge you way more, and restaurants in this region usually do.

This was one of the best restaurants I ever visited - if you travel to this region, you really shouldn't miss it - and try and come on a sunny day!

Pros: Beautiful location on the seafront, Delicious, unusual and local dishes, Affordable & friendly
Cons: Cars passing by
bw76
bw76

Great Food

Posted on 10 / 15 / 2014

I definitely recommend that if you are in the French Rivera that you make a point of going to the Loving Hut. They are about 30 minutes away from Nice but well worth it. The food was great and was nice to have as it is very hard to find a good vegan meal in the area. The service was very good as well.

Laure
Laure

Vegan heaven on earth

Posted on 09 / 05 / 2014

We just loved this Loving Hut!
From starters to ice cream and coffees, it was perfect.
The location is nice (by the sea, enjoying the dishes with the relaxing sound of the waves), the food is good with many choices (I liked the "kebbab" a lot), the prices are reasonable, and the people are nice and sweet.
Cherry on the cake for ethical vegans, they are true animal lovers, while we were there the lady rescued an animal and when my young daughter emailed her asking if the bird had made it, she replied with a lovely email and picture of the survivor (taken to the vet and nursed to health). Lovely place run by loving people.

Pros: Food, Location, Service

MarkHelmy
MarkHelmy

Loving hut does it again!

Posted on 08 / 05 / 2014

I'm no stranger to loving huts. When I first turned vegan the one near me was a huge breath of fresh air. Being able to eat anything on the menu and talk to like minded people was great. So when I recently found myself in the south of France I was hugely excited to find a loving hut near by. I made my way there and was blown away. A very pretty restaurant right on the coast with a fantastic view. Of course it all came down to the food. I went in and ordered a loving burger (vegan cheese burger) with fries. The service was second to none and the menu was in 3 or 4 languages including English and the waiter spoke perfect English. The food arrived and was great, really delicious. I also ordered a raw chocolate tart which was also fantastic. The majority of the menu however, seemed to be made up of things like falafel, salad and crêpes etc and all looked mouth watering. It cost about €15 for everything. They also had a shop selling vegusto cheese, chocolate bars etc. over all I doubt I'll find another restaurant with such a great view. Very highly recommended.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday August 05, 2014

Pros: The view!, Amazing food, English menu
AliAlexMaggie
AliAlexMaggie

Loving Loving Hut!

Posted on 06 / 28 / 2014

Fab lacation with a sea view. Everything thing was super yummy, fresh with great flavour combo's. Mazze, raw lasagne, smoked cheesy pancake, falafel sandwich to name but a few things. Our little dog was made welcome and given some vegan dog food and water. So lovely to be in a totally vegan restaurant!

Pros: All vegan, Good selection, Great flavours
munchbunch
munchbunch

Absolutely Delicious!

Posted on 06 / 24 / 2014

By far, the best Loving Hut I've ever been to, if not the best vegan restaurant I've ever been to!! Their food is really fresh and delicious. I think it is based a lot on Mediterranean cuisine, but obviously all vegan! Their salads are delicious! I love the raw lasagne... It doesn't really taste like lasagne but it does taste like the best salad you've ever had!

They have really yummy chocolate cheesecake too! So many items on their menu, it's impossible to list them all! The food is really reasonably priced too!

Really nice location, right on the beachfront... Excellent service all round!

We'll keep coming back! :)

Pros: 100% vegan, Delicious food and great service, Reasonably priced
Cons: None!
Guest
Guest

Tres tres bon

Posted on 04 / 22 / 2012

Tres bon accueil, Personnel serviable, Cuisine EXCELLENTE.
Merci, nous reviendrons :)

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Good atmosphere
Theodoro
Theodoro

Loving Hut - Delightful Eatery 4 U & Yours

Posted on 03 / 23 / 2012

This plant-based Restaurant featuring many organic ingredients in the menu I can say is a Heaven on Earth for all food lovers, vegans and non-vegans alike. My lunch delight started with a Mediterranean Salad dish, accompanied by some slices of good French bread. wow! what a starter! meanwhile, drinking local organic soft lemonade and contemplating the Mediterranean Sea just "across the street" was really a dream! Then a mouthwatering Falafel dish came. That was fabulous! Eating that way, I did not feel like finishing it. It was too good! For dessert, I chose a nice, delicious vegan & organic chocolate ice cream. All those food tasted like Heaven to me. Every staff member was very friendly and nice. Before leaving - unfortunately I had to leave the restaurant!! - I could even buy organic vegan mayonnaise (so yummy), and Loving Hut organic vegan chocolate bars (best ever). The price is fair. The quality, second to none!! Their menu can be seen on their website. In sum, if you are looking for a real treat for you & yours, you can't miss going to Loving Hut Menton, or to any Loving Huts worldwide. They are simply ***** TOP, TOP, TOP ***** !!!

Pros: Wonderful food & price, Friendly, smiling staff, Heavenly location
Nicolas K
Nicolas K

L'endroit le plus parfait

Posted on 08 / 03 / 2011

Des prix tres intéressants, vorie moins cher que les restaurants traditionnels ! tout en étant Bio et Vegan.
Tres tres bon, les plats sont ingénieux, comme la salade aux baies de Goji / Pignon (pour 8€!).
Le cheesecake chocolat est une merveille.
Rien a redire, tout de bon, le service est excellent.

Pros: prix, qualité, service
Cons: rien
estefinparis
estefinparis

Vegan oasis

Posted on 06 / 04 / 2011

We found the Loving Hut in Menton when searching for veg alternatives in Nice through the new Happy Cow app, and I'm so happy we did! Menton is roughly a half hour drive from Nice (about 15 minutes from Monaco) and is quite a charming spot too. The Loving Hut couldn't have a better location, with a wonderful terrace overlooking the sea. Add to that a large selection of different types of vegan dishes (asian, middle eastern, european) and you know you're in for a treat. Many of the options rely on faux meats, but that was actually a very welcome aspect for us after a couple of days eating only salads, cheese-free pizza and pasta. The elaborate dishes, beautiful presentation, friendly service and clean and welcoming atmosphere all added to a very enjoyable dinner. You won't find anything like it in the C'te d'Azur. I also agree with other reviewers, this LH is much better than the one in Paris.

Tabby
Tabby

Finally! Delicious Vege Food on the Cote d'Azur

Posted on 03 / 13 / 2011

We visited the Loving Hut shortly after it opened last year and we returned last week for lunch with a non-veg friend who is now a fan. The Loving Hut is located in Menton on the Promenade de Soleil which is directly across from the sea and the beach and so the view is lovely particularly when you dine on the little non-smoking terrace at the front of the restaurant. Since our first visit, the menu has been expanded with many more soups, salads and mains and they have very cleverly included traditional regional dishes like Crepes, Pasta Genovese, Quiche, and Spicy Spaghetti. I'm not usually a big fan of faux meat dishes but nonetheless, I ordered the "Kung Pao Cheerful Chunks" and it was delicious and had a perfect balance of sweet, spicy and sour. The Spring Rolls with dipping sauce are a must and would make a nice lunch all on their own. My friend had the falafel which were very good. The portions are generous. They also have a really good desserts on offer, all made in house. The first time we visited I had the Tarte au Citron which was very good for a vegan version. The pastry was light and crumbly and the filling was not too sweet. This visit I had the chocolate cheesecake which had a deep chocolate flavour and melted in your mouth - a real hit at the table! The service was excellent, the server speaks English, Polish and French. I also give them kudos for their exhibit at the Monaco Gastronomy Fair this fall. Vegetarian cuisine is a hard sell in this region but I think if they keep producing the same quality of food, promote the restaurant properly and turn off the TV they should do well. We're going to go back and bring friends!

Pros: Quality food, Service, Location
Cons: TV is on
VANHAECKE
VANHAECKE

good restaurant

Posted on 12 / 15 / 2010

good food, good location. Staff very friendly.
I adore falafels and toasts and New York Cheese Cake.
I suggest you to test this restaurant as soon as possible.

mea22
mea22

meraviglioso

Posted on 10 / 14 / 2010

a nice wonderfull surprise in Menton, nice bio vegan food.
lovely prepared and served in a beautiful, quite atmopshere.
delicious and light, tasty and very well presented, lunch or dinner, just to enjoy

Pros: excellent food, healty cuisine, big portions
+++VeGaNiSaToR+++
+++VeGaNiSaToR+++

The best in France !

Posted on 10 / 01 / 2010

you can look at the last seven pictures here : http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=195572&id=769019748&l=6c5f4bdbe7

please change opening days/hours : closed monday, for all the others days => 12:00-15:00 and 18:00-22:00

It's very good, my favorite restaurant in France. The manager, Anna, is very nice. The restaurant and the view over the sea are beautiful.
For starter dish dessert and drink it's about 3€.
Best than London & Paris Loving Hut, as good as Singapore Parklane Loving Hut.
Taste Cocktail, milk-shake, cheese cake and lemon pie ...
outdoor seeting where smoking is forbidden :-)

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff
featherives
featherives

This is the perfect place to eat

Posted on 09 / 29 / 2010

First, the location is breathtaking and stunning. Second the food was fantastic. I've been to six Loving Huts and this one is the best so far. I was in LH heaven. One of the employees even recognized me from my daily visits to Loving Hut Paris. That actually felt good :)

If you're staying in Nice or Monaco, take the trip to Menton for the Loving Hut experience right on the water. You will not be disappointed. Just be sure to check the hours.

Pros: Tasty food, Great service, Location, Location, Location
qysoul
qysoul

Great location, Excellent delicious Vegan food

Posted on 08 / 31 / 2010

I love all the loving huts, but this one is exceptional in that it's located in a most beautiful beach front spot in the beautiful French Riveria town of Menton. The decor is 5-star and the food is exceptionally good. Its said that Menton is the Jewel of France, but Loving Hut Menton is definately the Jewel of vegan restaurants of France!!
Updated from previous review on Tuesday August 31, 2010

Pros: Superb location, 5-star decor, delicious food
Cons: need more of these in France

Dear Owner and Manager of Loving Hut - Menton: