Part of the international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Serves all vegan food and non-alcoholic beverages. Each location is individually family owned and operated. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Vietnamese, Chinese, Catering, Take-out
952 Rte 34
Matawan, New Jersey 07747
732-970-6129

Open Tue-Fri 11am-3pm, 5-9pm, Sat 11:30-3pm, 5:30-9pm, Sun 3-8:30pm.

First Review by elles_belles
veganin2014
veganin2014

Great price and delicious food!

4 Posted on 05 / 05 / 2014

Had dinner on Saturday at Loving Hut in Matawan NJ. Food was good. We had the sushi appetizer which was plenty to share. And we tried the Happy Buddha and the Spicy Cha Cha - both good. The carrot cake was to die for! Only bad comment was that my dish came out of the kitchen about 5 to 8 minutes before my husbands.
The atmosphere is so so (not helped by the woman at the table behind us that came in talking on her phone who didn't hang up the for more than 15 minutes). Not a place to go and relax - decore is more like a fast food place unfortunately.
Would go again for lunch maybe dinner

Pros: Food is very good, Service was good
Cons: Atmosphere is so so
thevegantwins
thevegantwins

Yeah for local vegan food

3 Posted on 08 / 09 / 2013

I was so excited when I learned last year that a vegan restaurant was opening 5 minutes from our house. I've been a few times for takeout and have never been disappointed. Their chipolte dipping sauce/spread is amazing and they make a very good tempura. The staff is very friendly and they have a nice selection of vegan cookbooks to browse through while waiting. The restaurant appears to be very clean as well. My only complaint is that there is a large television in the waiting room. I will never eat at a restaurant with television playing, it annoys me to no end.

I stopped by the other day for a soy cappucino and was happily surprised to find out that they sold Sjaak vegan organic chocolates.

Updated from previous review on Monday February 13, 2012
Updated from previous review on Monday February 13, 2012

Edit: It has been a loooong time since any takeout was purchased from here because the food is just too greasy and uninspiring. While I am always glad to see vegan businesses, especially near my home, I stopped trying to find something on this menu that didn't make me feel sick.

Pros: Okay food, Reasonable, Large portions
Cons: Television in restaurant, Somewhat limited menu, Again, that huge television
  • zigriggs zigriggs

I am really excited to try it! Always ready to support the cause.. Will post review soon too.

brianom
brianom

So Delicious

5 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2012

Everything on the menu is vegan! I've tried many of the dishes so far and they all have been very good. Try the Spicy Cha Cha which is a mock shrimp served with rice and a vegetable or the Vegan Won Ton Soup. The staff is very kind and knowledgeable and the vegan desserts are amazing. Definitely worth visiting.

Pros: Food, Desserts, Value
Cons: Next to Cigar Shop

frankie1
frankie1

The best vegan food ever.

5 Posted on 06 / 01 / 2012

I recently changed my diet to vegan. I frequented about 5 vegan restaurants and none came w/the experience of "The Loving Hut." The owner is extremely friendly and answered any questions I had on the "Vegan Lifestyle." The food was great and I could tell the proper care and concern came along w/every meal. If there was one restaurant I would recommend to any vegan or non-vegan it would be with no doubt The Loving Hut in Matawan.

Pros: Friendly service, Great food, cleanliness
Cons: none
passedout
passedout

Excellent

4 Posted on 05 / 23 / 2012

I'm so glad they brought Loving Hut to Matawan.

I've had great luck with their soup of the day. The cheese steak sandwich is pretty much my go to. They use their own home made cheese sauce and it's delicious. I would also recommend the sweet and sour chicken. Top it all off with an avocado and banana smoothie. Excellent food for a great price.

Pros: Great Food, Inexpensive
elles_belles
elles_belles

My favorite Loving Hut

5 Posted on 04 / 23 / 2012

I've been to a few Loving Huts but this is by far my favorite. Each place has their own menu.

I ordered the Tom Yum soup. It was piping hot and huge. I probably wouldn't get it again just because there are so many other good foods here. I would recommend the cheese steak style sandwich. The "meat" was juicy and flavorful and the "cheese" was savory and delicious. I also tried the tempura and chicken nugget appetizers. They were both delicious, especially the tempura. I wouldn't order the nuggets just because the portion is so small, not for lack of enjoying it.

Pros: Reasonably priced, Large portions
Cons: Not closer to my house!

Dear Owner and Manager of Loving Hut - Matawan: