CLOSED: Loving Hut - Marbella

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants inspired by Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each location is individual family owned and operated. Serves all vegan food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, and desserts. Daily buffet til 17.00. Uses organic and fair-trade products where possible. REPORTED LAST DAY NOV 20, 2013 - TO REOPEN IN 2014 AS A DIFFERENT RESTAURANT, NEW OWNER. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Asian, International, Juice bar, Fast food, Buffet, Take-out
Avenida Miguel Cano 11 (Avenida de Ramon y Cajal)
Marbella, Spain 29602

Open Tue-Sun 11.30-23.30,

First Review by qysoul
Hungry Traveler
Hungry Traveler

Best Vegetarian Food on the Costa del Sol

Posted on 09 / 03 / 2013

The food here is quite excellent and was the only pure vegetarian fare that I found in the Marbella area. Rather than the usual asian style that is found in other Loving Huts around the world, the menu here is based on traditional local recipes but are 100% vegan.

In addition to the food, the people managing the restaurant are most friendly and helpful. In once instance, three of us arrived late one night after a long drive from Seville and the staff stayed open well after closing time to make sure we were fed--all with a smile and good conversation.

Shelley-BelleLondon
Shelley-BelleLondon

Loving Hut Marbella

Posted on 05 / 13 / 2013

Quite simply my favourite place to eat in Marbella.
Delicious vegan food..

JenniferKoukla
JenniferKoukla
  • herbivore

good food, nice people

Posted on 01 / 09 / 2013

Great welcome from the 2 lady cooks and male server. Avid supporters of sustainable and healthy eating. Great fruit smoothies, yummy veg burgers, delicious home fries. The vegan carrot cake was fabulous and soy latte was perfect. Great location 50 meters from beach promenade, a few tables outside to enjoy the great Andalucian sun.

vegan111123
vegan111123

amazing

Posted on 09 / 26 / 2012

Absolutely wonderful vegan restaurant right by the beach. Very diverse menu with items like pizza, lasagna, salads, wraps, incredible desserts and salads. This is probably the only place in Spain that has delicious vegan desserts. Had an all you can eat buffet from 12-5 in the summer for $10, not sure if it is always going on.
Amazing service and seating is available outside.

Pros: unbelievable food, lovely staff, inexpensive
aps101
aps101

Not your usual loving hut

Posted on 08 / 18 / 2012

The menu was different than we see in the States. It was a smaller menu but richer in options and variety. I ate there twice. The zucchini pasta is not to be missed. The chocolate cake was a hit too. The pizza was also another solid choice. There are a few tables outside. The same waiter was on both nights and he was incredibly kind. A great option for all in a city whose restaurants are a lot of the same old same old.

Pros: Healthy & Tasty, Great Service, Dessert
MartinaPiantina
MartinaPiantina

A vegan heaven and perfect to take meat-eaters!

Posted on 04 / 06 / 2012

We've been to the Loving Hut several times and it never disappoints. The lovely owners serve an amazing variety of healthy, filling dishes that will satisfy vegans and non-vegans alike. It is the perfect place to show people how delicious vegan food can be. Favorites are just too many to name, but loved the Lasagna, Pizza, Teriyaki stir fry, Chili, and the wraps are huge and filled with goodness! Even though the food is so filling, I never miss out on a slice of their cakes, the cheesecake is the best I've ever had, vegan or not! They have also great raw and gluten free options and a choice of tasty salads which are great in summer. The owners and staff are passionate and committed and always make for super interesting chats. And did I mention how clean and cozy the place feels? I just love everything about it!

Pros: delicious, big portions, great choice
moniain
moniain

Loving it !

Posted on 03 / 11 / 2012

Firstly, we chose our hotel in Marbella to be close to a vegan restaurant, the Loving Hut. This was our first visit at a Loving Hut, so we did not know what to expect, but wow, were we pleasantly surprised!
Somebody else has commented that they were trying out everything on the menu and loved it all - we were exactly the same: this was heaven for us.
Unfortunately, we only had two nights, but managed to try several dinners, a few starters, and a delicious take away of cakes and wraps and a salad, which were all outstanding.
Secondly, it's a minute's walk from the beach!
We absolutely recommend this restaurant.

Pros: great choice, wonderful food, friendly staff
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

one of the nicest vegan restaurants in spain

Posted on 09 / 05 / 2011

For those of us familiar with the Loving Hut global restaurant empire, Loving Hut Marbella raises the bar with impeccable decor, food and service. I dined there on several occasions and was treated to healthy, fresh and delicious meals. My dining companions and I enjoyed the kombucha tea and fresh fruit smoothies to start off our feasts. English is spoken superbly, many of the staff are from other countries.
I had specially prepared oil-free whole food meals, such as cous cous salads, brown rice and steamed veggie platters and veggie rolls. They also have a wide variety of desserts including fat free sorbets. They also made me a spectacular birthday cake!

Healthy vegan food is difficult to find in this area of Spain and this particular Loving Hut earns the highest marks in all categories.

Pros: refreshingly modern, cater to food allergies, restrictions, veggie rolls
angelina Grace
angelina Grace

Fantastic Vegan Food !

Posted on 07 / 01 / 2011

My experience at Loving Hut Spain was nothing short of wonderful. I was friendly greeted & served quickly when i arrived. The menu had a vast range of very cultured food. I was taken back by the generous portions. The food its self was sensational, so tastefully seasoned & beautifully presented. I was pleased to see all the raw options also, they had a fantastic raw pasta & raw cakes which just blew me away. The restaurant was super clean modern & had a lovely energy. I couldn't be more wrapped. I highly recommend stopping in.
Updated from previous review on Friday July 01, 2011

Pros: Fantastic food , Generous Servings , Friendly Staff
Chrisanne
Chrisanne

Food for thought in Marbella

Posted on 06 / 30 / 2011

Personally, I think "Food for Thought" is a better name than "Loving Hut"! Anyway, I'm here to praise, not criticise. On my last evening in Marbella, having spent a week there, I went into the sparkling clean cafe and met the most lovely staff imaginable, plus maybe one of the most beautiful males I have ever seen! He radiated spirituality and professionalism, a rare combination. The food was really good, even the non-alcoholic wine was most enjoyable and I didn't miss the kick of alcohol with my meal. I treated myself to a gorgeous cherry cheesecake,followed by coffee con leche but the milk was soya! Really good. When customers arrived and sat outside with their little dogs, the man took them doggy bowls of water which the canine customers really appreciated. My visit gave me the opportunity of reading some of the informative and most interesting books on display and I remembered the days when I was vegan and could easily be so again. At the moment I am what they call "pesco-vegetarian". I also use cheese and milk but I know the dairy industry is terribly cruel. I have already changed that and I am going to steadily take myself back to a more acceptable and cleaner way of living - veganism. I would recommend that people should go and try a meal at The Loving Hut. Apart from the fact that there is no cruelty involved to any animal in the preparation of the dishes, the cleanliness and wholesomeness of the place is positively uplifting in itself.

Pros: cleanliness, position, good portions
Cons: availability of ingredients, could consider providing alcoholic wine
Robert Giles
Robert Giles

Awesome food in Spain

Posted on 06 / 12 / 2011

Im currently on Holiday in Spain and have been frequenting an awesome vegan restaurant in Marbella called "Loving Hut". the The food is fantastic, Ive had the burgers, wraps,paradise rolls,quiche, muffins, cheesecake, raw brownies, raw choc torte,smoothies,gelato ice cream, wedges,salads, juices...I loved all of it and their is still more to try. I will have to dig into the wifes purse so I can get down to the restaurant again hehehe....the prices are very reasonable and the staff are very cool. I found out there is a Loving Hut in Taranaki in New Zealand (and others all over the world) if its as good as Marbella I would recommend trying it out. BTW the decor and atmosphere is really special, very soothing, loved it!

Pros: VEGAN, TASTY AS , By the sea
Cons: Im hooked on the burgers, and the cheesecake
qysoul
qysoul

Amazing vegan food--Gem of Marbella

Posted on 05 / 15 / 2011

This place serves the most delicious array of vegan dishes for prices that are very, very good with bigger than usual portions. A real gem of a find if you happen to be in Marbella. Their cakes are to die for, except since they are vegan, you will likely live longer and happier!!

Pros: very good prices, large portions, large menu
Cons: cakes taste too good, too far from my home country, i got full too quick

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Loving Hut - Marbella: