The place was easy to find by car, not very far from the central station of Maastricht. It had a Asian vibe, but could have been a lot cosier in our opinion. There were a lot of options on the menu, which can be good or can be bad. The host was friendly though, and the dishes were served in a perfect pace; not too slow, not too fast. The music was ok, Chinese music we never heard before ;-)
We had tea the entire meal.
1. Our first course was soup. I ordered the spicy and sour soup, the rest had lentil soup. The portion size was small/medium and we all liked what we ordered.
2. Our second course was not something we could choose ourselves; it were 5 Vietnamese spring rolls with sweet and sour sauce. Very nice as always, but there was very little sauce. The portion size was again small/medium.
3. Then it was time for the main course. I forgot what our dishes were called, but we tried from each other. Everything was of course plant based, but our dishes did not taste alike. There was also tempeh, tofu, fake chicken, fake duck, fake shrimps and fake pork in there, which made everything even more interesting. I noticed soy sauce and sateh sauce in the dishes as well, two of my favourites! All dishes were served with white rice. The portion size was medium.
4. Our fourth course was desert, which was either soy ice cream or chocolate mousse. One of our dinner guests asked if it was possible to get 50/50. This was not possible, kind of weird. I had the ice cream, the rest had the mousse. The dish size was small.
5. Our last course coffee/something else to drink. 2 of us had tea, 1 of us had coffee and the fourth person skipped this course.
It was a nice experience, especially if you are looking for a vegan Asian place. It is something completely different from your average vegan restaurant where there is usually a completely different atmosphere. The atmosphere at Loving Hut Maastricht is more of an Asian place than something else.
Vegan bodybuilder-friendly: 8/10