Loving Hut - Ljubljana center

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants inspired by Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each location is individual family owned and operated. Serves all vegan food, non-alcoholic beverages, and vegan desserts. Free Wi-Fi. Opened Nov 2013. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, International, Organic, Buffet, Fast food, Juice bar, Take-out, Asian

Michal in Wonderland
Michal in Wonderland

Tasty vegan food

Posted on 08 / 27 / 2015

We loved everything in this place. The food is tasty and very reasonable price to what you get. Recommended :)

Pros: tasty, good price, variety
Doro*
Doro*

buffet with great variety, surprisingly good

Posted on 08 / 25 / 2015

Me and a friend came here on a trip to Slovenia, both being vegan and hungry :D
We were surprised that considering it is a chain it was a really nice place and if I lived in Ljubljana, I would definitely come back more often.
We chose to try different things, so we did not order "a la carte", but took the buffet. You just take a plate, put whatever you want from there and pay according to the weight. Our plates were full (see picture) and we payed around 6-7€, plus the drink (and a tiramisu afterwards (TRY IT!!!)), so for mid-European standards cheap.
What I liked most were the baked beans and some chickpea-curry, but also the rest was really good :)

It is located close to the central station, but also from the center easily reachable by foot.

Pros: food, variety, price
Cons: none
Theperfectpinja
Theperfectpinja

Oh My!

Posted on 08 / 15 / 2015

Very nice staff, spoke english very well and explained the lunch system with patience. The food was glorious and the taste blew my mind. Haven't seen such a nice vegan buffet ever! Only "bad" thing I have to say is the music that felt a bit hysterical for a tired vegan at the moment, would have enjoyed more regular music.

Pros: Versatile buffet, Amazing taste, Nice staff
Cons: Music type

ChanelleAstrof
ChanelleAstrof

Absolutely Amazing

Posted on 08 / 06 / 2015

I fell in love with Loving Hut my first day in Ljubljana! I went here every day on my 4 day trip and was amazed every day at how delicious my food was. I absolutely loved the vegan burger and the falafel wrap. I would definitely recommend to anyone visiting Ljubljana. Even my non-vegan friends loved the food!

Clalex
Clalex

Approachable good restaurant

Posted on 05 / 18 / 2015

I have been ordering food here a lot of times, since it is close to the train station and since the food is delicious. They often have vegan meetings where people from all over Slovenia are gathering and have lectures about veganism. The food is international. The fast food is also delicious and whatever you pick you will probably be satisfied. They also make their own juicy mayonnaise. The toilets are very fresh.

Pros: Good opening times, Centrally, Fresh
Cons: Sells "traces of milk"-producs
nadiamorais
nadiamorais

Really tasty buffet

Posted on 04 / 30 / 2015

This was a great surprise. It's open all day and there was a really good selection. The price is really reasonable, too. Bean stew was yummy!

Pros: Price, Selection, opening times
Cons: none!
Spider Pig
Spider Pig

Good

Posted on 04 / 30 / 2015

Nice vegan place near the center of ljubljana, they have fast food options like burguers, kebabs, steaks... and they also have buffet, with a bunch of nice options.
For my personal taste, the fake meats in the fast food options is way too strong, and the cooked food options are a little unconsistent. It's good, but not great.
Updated from previous review on Thursday March 06, 2014

Pros: good price, friendly staff, great food
Cons: not a lot of drinks to choose from
I_love_pears
I_love_pears

Delicious buffet

Posted on 04 / 15 / 2015

I was very impressed with Loving Hut. I usually find veg*n buffets unhealthy and bland. This place was great! Lots of fresh veg, salads, soups and hot meals, as well as interesting and imaginative dishes that vegans don't usually get to indulge in (creamy mashed potato, lasagna, potato bake, pizza). Everything was great. I was especially taken with the vegan pizza. The cheese was amazing - even my vegetarian boyfriend agreed. We also tried a banana chocolate cake and tiramisu. Both were delicious! I'd definitely go back and will now be tempted to try other Loving Hut locations.

Pros: Delicious food, Lots of variety, Cheap
Cons: Gets busy
Stasa
Stasa

Great vegan food - always a good choice

Posted on 03 / 14 / 2015

Loving Hut in Ljubljana is always a good choice if you are really hungry. They have a vied variety of vegan self-serving food, fast food (vegbab, falafel, happy dog, vegi burger, vegi cheese burger ...) and raw cakes.

We have been there for a few times now, so we tried the self serving vegan food, vegbab, falafel and raw chocolate banana cake. All the food was good, better then good, it was amazing, and compared to other vegan joints in Ljubljana the portions of vegbab are bigger.

Updated from previous review on Saturday February 28, 2015:
Oh my god guys.. They added vegan pizza on the menu. :)
You can take one slice (0,85 €/slice) as a part of self serving bar or order whole (6,50 €/pizza). It's actually the first pizza I have had with vegan cheese (they also offer it with vegan ham) and it was great. Lots of vegetables and yummy dough. I was not disappointed :)

Pros: food taste, portion size, friendly staff
Cons: parking space, a bit pricey
Cali555
Cali555

Great Place!

Posted on 11 / 05 / 2014

The first time I went I had the buffet which you take what you want and the plate is weighed, so you get to have a little taste of everything. The food was really filling and I took too much so I had to leave some.

I also got a cheese burger to take away which was amazing! So much so I went back and ordered another one to take back to Italy so I could eat it that night (where I live in Italy there is no vegan places so I had to take advantage).

They also sell a good selection of vegan chilled products, I really liked the cheese which was for pizza but I didn't use it for pizza and just used it as a sandwich, so far my best vegan cheese yet.

Ryecatcher
Ryecatcher

Always a good choice

Posted on 11 / 04 / 2014

The buffet offers lots of choices most of whom were quite tempting; there are main dishes as well as side dishes that you can mix as desired. Salad options are being provided too.
The food wasn't the most delicious but absolutely fair. The canteen atmosphere due to self service might not be everyone's cut of tea but it was fine for me and for most of the others it was too, I guess.
You can choose right away to fill a plate to eat-in or to fill a take-away box.
Among the desserts there is ice cream as well.
The other day I also tried a hot toast with vegan cheese and vegan ham (or sausage, I don't really know) which was decent.

Pros: pleasant opening hours, quite a number of choice, take-away option
Cons: canteen atmosphere due to self service
AndyDavies
AndyDavies

Great buffet, with lots of choice

Posted on 08 / 19 / 2014

We had the buffet and there were loads of things to pick from. There were other options on the menu too. Very good location as well and fairly cheap.

Pros: Good food, Good value
scratchgrey
scratchgrey

Average buffet

Posted on 04 / 11 / 2014

Lots of options in the buffet but got the feeling most of it had been sat there all day. Limited other options available - vegan burger, falafel wrap. Good selection of drinks and desserts available.

Pros: Buffet selection, Desserts
Cons: Freshness
portuguese_vegan_guy
portuguese_vegan_guy

Great vegan fastfood

Posted on 02 / 20 / 2014

Everything I had there was delicious: the burguer, the kebab... The price is accessible, about 4€ for the burguer/kebab, but they don't have any drinks except for like OJ or tea, and OJ was too expensive for me.
They don't have studentski boni but they have a 20% discount for students.

Pros: Very tasty food, Nice environment, friendly staff
Cons: Poor drink options

Dear Owner and Manager of Loving Hut - Ljubljana center: