Opened in 2010, this is part of the international chain of vegan food restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Serving all vegan food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, and vegan desserts. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Western, Chinese, Asian

First Review by behindthelines
JolienVA
JolienVA

Best Place in Leuven!

5 Posted on 06 / 17 / 2014

Loving hut is the best! After my first visit me and my boyfriend keep visiting this place weekly! I've tried everything and love everything on the menu!
Even my meat loving boss likes loving hut so much he wants me to get it at least once a week!

Pros: Yummie, very nice people!! , healthy
Cons: price, small place
HappyCouple
HappyCouple

Very recommandable

4 Posted on 04 / 20 / 2014

We've been here already a couple of times, we even drive 60 kilometers just to eat there! (Also because there are no vegan restaurants where we live.) It's a very small place, but so far we always had seats except for one saturday when it was very crowded. They have a regular menu and variable specials. The food is always very tasty, but the portions could be a bit bigger. Especially for good eaters like us ;-) Main courses cost around 14 euros. Our personal favourites on the menu are 'Kung Bao'(rice with stir-fryed vegetables, cashews and tofu) and the stir-fryed noodles with vegetables and vegan strips. The soup is always tasty as well and they have delicious homemade chocolate chip cookies and other desserts. I noticed that they recently changed their basmati rice to wholegrain rice, which I like. The only thing we aren't so eager about, is the fact that nearly all of their starters are fried (which is not so healthy), and some of the things in their main dishes too. They sell some vegan cheese and vegan cat/dog food in the restaurant. The waitress is a very friendly girl.

Pros: Very tasty food, Cosy place, Very friendly staff
Cons: Fried food
veganem
veganem

Small but Awesome!

5 Posted on 10 / 21 / 2013

I've visited this restaurant twice on trips to Leuven. Both times it was great. So nice to have a completely vegan restaurant option!

The staff were super friendly, and the food was served quickly. Kung Bao was delicious, burger could have almost fooled my omni husband, and the cake and ice cream were an excellent treat!

Both times we spent around 35 euros for mains, desserts and drinks, which is really reasonable. Highly recommended- we'll be back.

Pros: Vegan, Friendly Staff, Clean and Cosy
lvanorsmael
lvanorsmael

Makes not only the cows happy!

5 Posted on 09 / 17 / 2013

This is a tiny vegan restaurant in the centre of town. They have a small menu card, but it is frequently changed.
I think I tried already everything they serve, and have never been disapointed: unbelievable what flavours and tastes the cook can create with such simple ingredients. Amazing!
I am addicted ...

Pros: friendly staff, yummie, and yummie!
Valerii
Valerii

Tasty menu!

5 Posted on 07 / 24 / 2013

Really very delicious vegan food! Big portions, friendly staff, nice and cozy small place.

Pros: great taste, fast service, friendly staff

MyPinkAndSoftWorld
MyPinkAndSoftWorld

Great food, nice place and friendly staff

5 Posted on 07 / 17 / 2013

So happy that I live in Leuven and can enjoy their food whenever I want. Was there tonight with my little sister who is absolutely not vegan or even vegetarian and she has loved it!

Pros: Food is delicious!, Nice and cute place, Fruendly staff
DT
DT

*** E X C E P T I O N A L ***

5 Posted on 03 / 29 / 2013

We recently had the exceptional luck of going to/passing through Leuven 3 times in the last month. And each time, we went to have dinner at The Loving Hut.

I really can't express myself properly here. The food in this restaurant is *** E X C E P T I O N A L *** . Yes, you read it correctly: it is amazing, marvelous, stunning, startling, breathtaking,...

If you are in the neighbourhood: stop by, order and enjoy.

Pros: Exceptionally excellent food, Real good value, Very friendly staff
Cons: None whatsoever
Sebastiaan
Sebastiaan

Small but fine

4 Posted on 01 / 05 / 2013

Loving hut Leuven is a small but nice place to eat. If you go at 18.00 hrs or so, a seat will be no problem, if you come later it might be full, so better go early.
The food is nice. Delicious soup and healthy main courses. Highly recommended

Lomedin
Lomedin

Best place EVER

5 Posted on 02 / 01 / 2012

I travelled to Leuven just to try this place. It was not a mistake.
Loving Hut is EXCELLENT in all aspects. Finally, a 100% VEGAN restaurant! Affordable and with DELICIOUS options.
Since it was not expensive, I stuffed myself trying a lot of vegan meals (well, they are all vegan =) ). They were all exquisite: you will me amazed at how a simple dish can taste here.
The staff is unbelievably friendly, and genuine vegans. The only "downside" is that they don't allow tips. I'd gladly overtip them any time =D

They also have some interesting books to read while you are there.

Keep it up guys!!

Pros: Cheap, Friendly, VEGAN!!
eva-amanto
eva-amanto

I'm loving it

5 Posted on 04 / 09 / 2011

The Loving Hut is the only vegan restaurant in Leuven. Although I'm not a vegan, I really like their dishes. The prices are very reasonable (Rice Noodles with fried veggie steak strips,cabbage and spring rolls for only 9 euro) I already tried 4 different dishes and I'm looking forward to discover the rest of the menu! The service is friendly and quick. My company was not vegetarian, but they really liked the tasty and light dishes. I recommend this restaurants for everybody, for vegetarians and for meat-eaters!

Pros: reasonable prices, friendly
behindthelines
behindthelines

very nice place, great addition to Leuven

4 Posted on 01 / 07 / 2011

very friendly and quick service. Food was very good and reasonably priced, except for the cake, which was 4 euro for a tiny piece.
Nice modern interior, and although you wouldn't think so from seeing the tiny entrance, the places are quite spacious. I don't like the stools though, those are very unconfortable (no back support).
It's great to have a full vegan place in Leuven! Will surely go there again.

Pros: good price, vegan, friendly & quick service
Cons: stools and no chairs

Dear Owner and Manager of Loving Hut: