Part of the international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for vegetarian living. Serves all vegan food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, and desserts. Each location is individual family owned and operated. Closed Mon. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Asian, Take-out

First Review by dioxazine
DennisPhan
DennisPhan

Great Vegan Food! Love It.

3 Posted on 09 / 07 / 2014

Found this Loving Hut Restaurant using Happy Cow app. The Loving Hut place was cleaned and their vegan food tasted great. We ordered Golden Age, Pho noodle, Red Curry with brown rice, and Pad Thai Ocean noodle. We all love the food. I especially love the Golden Age with Brown Rice. Great food!!!

Pros: Food Taste Good, Friendly Server, Clean Place
Cons: Wait a bit longer than usual.
Robert570
Robert570

Nice place, a little pricey.

4 Posted on 08 / 02 / 2013

Friendly staff, clean, good food, good size proportions, and excellent deserts. A little pricy, nice to go to, but I couldn't afford to go there regularly.

AllisonMMG
AllisonMMG

Wonderful Food and Service

5 Posted on 04 / 12 / 2013

I went on a Saturday, and they had two menus available - one with more of the mock meats and one without. I preferred the one without. Gluten-free items were marked. The food was beautiful, fresh, and delicious! The staff was incredibly friendly, too. Ambiance was reasonable.

Pros: Great selection, gluten-free items marked, delicious

pradeep
pradeep

new menu

2 Posted on 12 / 19 / 2012

The ownership recently changed and so has the menu...everything is now fake meat. Bye bye loving hut.

• vegforlife37 vegforlife37

Agreed- the food quality was much better when they first opened.

ctimber
ctimber

Great vegan fare

4 Posted on 09 / 22 / 2012

Me and husband brought our 2 boys here for dinner. My 8 year old had the chipolte burger and devoured it. My 6 year old had the gardein burger and also finished it. I had the portobello sandwich and husband had the Philly Cheese Sandwich. We all finished our plates and especially enjoyed the creamy sauces on the side. We were very happy to find a vegan restaurant somewhat close to our house.

leelee78
leelee78

It was OK

2 Posted on 04 / 27 / 2012

I really liked the fact it is all vegan. The food isn't bad, but I ordered the falafel wrap and all it had in it was a couple of cripsy pieces of falafel. They were more like crumbs (Barely any falafel). And I wish it was cleaner too. I would definitely like to try another Loving Hut, but probably won't go back to this one.

Gennadi
Gennadi

Very neat and nice place for veg food!

4 Posted on 07 / 09 / 2011

Today I have visited Loving Hut for the first time after finding it on HappyCow.net. Came with two kids and wife and we all loved it!!! It is small, very clean, neat. Food, which we ordered, has been served almost immediately, almost no wait. Food was all very good, fresh and very tasty. At the same time it did not land as a break in the stomach, was quite light. We will definitely go there again and again. I just hope there will be more places like Loving Hut in the area and that they will be bisy enough to stay for us for years to come. We went "vegies" quite recently and trying to slowly switch to raw food. With Loving Hut around we definitely will not be seen any more in Red Lobster or, say, Bensi or Chilis and such.

Pros: fast, clean, tasty
Cons: TV in the dining area, noisy fridge in the corner
NicoleF
NicoleF

Very Good

4 Posted on 04 / 06 / 2011

My husband and I went there for the first time last night. We got Crispy Delight starter. I got the Philly Cheese Sub and he got the Divine Love Panini. All very good. The waitress was extremely helpful and the service was fast. The place was also very clean.

Dislikes? They only had vegan ice-cream for dessert. On the menu they have vegan cheese cake. I was totally looking forward to this. The waitress apologized a lot, but that didn't make the cheese cake appear in front of me.

One other thing. In their fish tank they had a dead fish and a couple sick ones. That upset me to see as I was eating a meal. The tank looked new and I understand this could be a part of the start up process. I just didn't want to stare at that.

I would definitely go back. Hopefully the fish will be better and I can get some cheesecake.

Pros: Good Food, Good Service, Inexpensive
Cons: Dead fish in tank, Lack of desserts
verdantsky
verdantsky
  • non-vegetarian

Loving Loving Hut

5 Posted on 06 / 06 / 2010

I may not be a vegan/vegetarian but as person who keeps kosher I've had my fair share of vegetarian food. This place is AMAZING it reminds me of the OLD veggie Heaven (before it moved to denville and the lost it quality) They not only give you great food lots of it. I know I'll be going back.

Pros: great food, big portions , friendly staff
onlyahuman
onlyahuman

New Jersey's Loving Hut

3 Posted on 05 / 03 / 2010

The Ledgewood, NJ location of the international vegan chain "The Loving Hut" differs from the NYC location and has mostly all asian faux meat dishes. Anything that tries to have the taste or texture of meat is not for me. With that said, even though it was a vegan place I had limited options.

Pros: good dessert
Cons: fake meat
dioxazine
dioxazine

Finally another vegan restaraunt in NJ!

5 Posted on 04 / 16 / 2010

I have been here several times since they opened. Some of my favorites are the cheesy bread, the golden nuggets, guru curry and the burger. All of the desserts are good and the people there are very nice.

Dear Owner and Manager of Loving Hut - Ledgewood: