CLOSED: Loving Hut - Kennesaw

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for vegetarian living. Serving all vegan food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, and dessert. Each location is individual family owned and operated. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, American, Asian, Take-out, Delivery
2700 Town Center Dr, Ste 136 (Barret Parkway)
Kennesaw, Georgia 30144
770-429-0666

Open Mon-Sat 11am-3pm, 5pm-9pm, closed Sun.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Juliette83
CyneEnright
CyneEnright

Great food and prices

4 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2013

I really liked the variety of food and that they offered smoothies as well. Friendly staff-- and they were wonderful with my young daughter.

Pros: Selection, Price, Friendly staff
PinkBeach
PinkBeach

Great Food!

5 Posted on 09 / 01 / 2012

I love the menu at Loving Hut! Thus far, it is my favorite place to eat in Kennesaw.

Pros: Selection, Taste, Friendly Staff
HappyHerbivoreJunkie
HappyHerbivoreJunkie

Super friendly owner

5 Posted on 06 / 11 / 2012

This was the first time I visited a Loving Hut. The food is Asian. There is a lot of soy in the dishes. I asked the chef to omit the soy due to my allergy. It was no problem. I ordered three things off the menu: The guru curry, holy eggplant and bok choy. All were delightful. :-)

Someone commented that they thought the cable channel selected on the television might scare or offend non vegetarians. I disagree. I do not think my friends would have been offended by the environmental news broadcast or the segment on animal poaching.

Updated from previous review on Monday June 11, 2012

Pros: vegan, inexpensive, proceeds help animals

Healthy4life
Healthy4life

Great food

5 Posted on 06 / 11 / 2012

While visiting Kennesaw, I stopped in at the local Loving Hut Vegan restaurant. The owner and two cooks were very kind and accommodating. I felt very welcome there. I have several food allergies: soy, all beans, all grains, gluten, peanuts, eggs, cayenne pepper, and milk. I did not go hungry. :-) The chef whipped me up a delightful meal without any problem and served it with a wonderful smile.

Part of the proceeds of each meal purchased go towards helping animals. I am delighted to use my pocketbook to aid animal welfare organizations.

Pros: very friendly, vegan, accomodating
MightyClong
MightyClong

Loved it! Great intro to veg eating.

5 Posted on 07 / 09 / 2011

This post is both a review of Loving Hut, & a rebuttal to the first 2 reviews. First of all, in full disclosure, I am extremely new to vegetarian/vegan eating, so I have little to compare this restaurant to; however, as a tentative newbie, I found the place to be fantastic. I'm sure there are places with more expansive and imaginative menus, but this place offered a variety of good tasting food, decent portions (I'm a big guy & I left satisfied), at great prices.

In response to the claims that the menu is too bland and too expensive, I found the food to be very tasteful, & there are only 2 menu items that are over $10 ($10.95 to be exact). That being said, perhaps I am too new to the club to have refined my palette, &/or to know what the price levels should be (but try matching that @ another restaurant). As to the "non-veg friendliness" of the restaurant, all I can say is that you should know better. Believe me, the TV broadcasting would be the least of their concerns. Bringing non-veg family/friends to a vegetarian/vegan restaurant is like them bringing you to a BBQ cook-off or Brazilian steakhouse...it just shouldn't be done.

In response to the claim that this is not a vegan restaurant, who knows, perhaps it's not as vegan as vegan can be, though I doubt it. There are 2 possibilities here...(1) a vegan opened a restaurant from a global vegan chain, but did not know what vegan dietary requirements are (which are pretty clear & easy to follow), or (2) a non-vegan masquerading as a vegan opened a restaurant from a global vegan chain to capitalize on a trend &/or niche, & decided to cut corners by buying using non-vegan ingredients, but left the non-vegan ingredients out for their vegan customers to see. Both are possible, but not plausible. Also, as to the claim that the workers were rude, maybe they had a bad day b/c I found them to be extremely pleasant...almost to the point of being weird.

Again, I can't speak to the veg purists & the more refined veg palettes out there, but I found it to be a great introduction to veg eating...and that is the reason I wanted to respond to the other reviews. Not to criticize the others, but veg eating is not easy, especially for people like me who love tasty animals, so I want to make sure that good restaurants get all the good publicity they can. I highly recommend it, and will be going back.

Pros: Great prices, Excellent food, Variety
AmberFord
AmberFord

Not really a vegan restaurant

2 Posted on 07 / 03 / 2011

This place uses a bread that isn't vegan, it's a store bought Kroger bread, that has milk and animal fats in it. I pointed this out, and they told me I was a lair, I walked out.
I want to give it one cow, but it says I can only give it two plus. that's kinda bias!

Cons: not really vegan, rude workers, workers can't understand what vegan is
Juliette83
Juliette83

Not Enough Love for the Loving Hut 2

3 Posted on 08 / 15 / 2010

I accidentally happened upon this vegan restaurant in Kennesaw recently. My husband and I had similar opinions: great place for vegans but not the place you bring your non-vegetarian friends because of the television broadcasting could easily intimidate non-veggies. My husband enjoyed the food but I found it bland, boring, and too salty. I also found it to be too expensive for the price. With that said, it is still a great place for vegans and their efforts to embrace the natural is worth complimenting. I did enjoy one of their vegan cakes but it was really just full of sugar.

Pros: 100% vegan, Beautiful atmosphere, Friendly staff
Cons: Bland food, Overpriced, Intimidating environment for non-vegetar

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Loving Hut - Kennesaw: