Loving Hut - Huntington Beach

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for vegetarian living. Serves all vegan food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, and dessert. Each location is individual family owned and operated. Casual and small. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Taiwanese, Vietnamese, American, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by Shalex4
K18reece
K18reece

Great Vegan Food Off The Pier

4 Posted on 07 / 27 / 2014

Food was amazing. We got the "fish" tacos and the teriyaki "chicken". The smoothies and the juices were also very good. I give this 4 stars only because service seemed a bit too slow. That could be because of how crowded it is with the Surfing competition in town though.

Alybapple
Alybapple

super yum!

5 Posted on 07 / 16 / 2014

My first vegan restaurant since vegan. Very friendly. I got chow mein. Bomb.

Pros: huge portions, friendly people
CarleneParrish
CarleneParrish

Consistently Great Experience

5 Posted on 04 / 27 / 2014

Loving Hut on Brookhurst (at corner of Adams) in Huntington Beach provides a consistently great experience. There is nothing fancy about the place, so if you're looking for that you may be disappointed, but I am usually looking for 4 keys things: good vegan food, friendly service, clean environment and reasonable price - Loving Hut delivers all 4 every time. I have never had anything that disappointed; always delectable. I recommend anything; my husband would say to go with the burgers.

Pros: Reasonably priced, Fairly large portions, Delicious!!!
Cons: Parking can be challenging, Ambiance is not great, but is okay
maurmiet
maurmiet

Stoked!

5 Posted on 02 / 28 / 2014

This was my first time using Happy Cow and I'm sToked! We found a new favorite place to eat. Sweet service, delectable menu items and cute "veducational" decor. See you again soon Loving Hut!

mayraMEOW
mayraMEOW

Great place!

5 Posted on 11 / 11 / 2013

The few times that I've been here, the service has always been excellent an the food is just as wonderful. It's always nice to be able to get such great food at such an affordable price. They never disappoint!

H
H

Tasty, Affordable, Purpose-Driven

5 Posted on 11 / 06 / 2013

The staff was warm and friendly, the food came out quick, the Green Mongolian (w/ veggie chicken) was excellent! I was so satisfied, but wanted more, so then ordered the Pad Thai (which was alright). All the while a tv screen played a loop of environmentally friendly and vegetarian-promoting clips and slideshows. The portions and quality of food are great for the price, will definitely eat there again.

Pros: Tasty, Affordable, Proactive
Keith_Thode
Keith_Thode

Typical Great Loving Hut!

5 Posted on 07 / 19 / 2012

All the power to all of the Loving Huts and followers of the Supreme Master. If you don't appreciate what is being shown on TV, don't watch it. However, watching it may enlighten you. If you think that you know it all already, you probably don't. When you are fully enlightened, you can only in good conscience eat as a vegan, and this Loving Hut is a great place to eat. I was visiting from Michigan, and I ate here twice. The meals and appetizers were great, but the desserts were over the top.

**eRin**
**eRin**

Cute Little Vegan Spot

4 Posted on 05 / 12 / 2012

I ate here with my fiance once and the food was great! It's a small little cafe but they have a ton of food choices! I can't wait to come back.

Pros: Vegan, Lots of food choices
JoJo121
JoJo121

Loving Hut

5 Posted on 06 / 23 / 2011

I was visiting my mom & took her here for dinner. Small but friendly service. The food was great!! We shared the Fresh Srping rolls, Raw salad, Sweet & Sour Divine, Fabulous PHO, & the Thai iced tea. We had cheesecake to go. The food was so good.

Pros: Fabulous service, healthy dishes, great atmosphere
MrsVeganPizza
MrsVeganPizza

Asian Vegan Goodness

5 Posted on 08 / 21 / 2010

I got the Lemongrass Beauty and BBQ Sandwich. Both were really good though I liked the BBQ best, which was only $4.50! Better than the average Asian Vegan restaurant. Very nice cashier as well.

Pros: Inexpensive, BBQ Sandwhich
Guest
Guest

Super Good!

5 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2010

You want a great meal this is by far the place to be. Not only is the food EXCELLENT, but I like the variety of food they offer. Good luck in choosing what to eat since everything looks good. Keep in my mind this includes dessert. I enjoyed that even more. Especially the whip cream it was delicious. The atmosphere is great. Treat yourself and come here.

cjlombardo
cjlombardo

~Beautiful food, beautiful energy~

5 Posted on 06 / 22 / 2010

My experience at Loving Hut was absolutely beautiful! First off, the food was deliciously priced, and tasted magnificent! The adorable lady who ran the restaurant couldn't have been more kind and I recommend the Cassava Cake if you're in the mood for dessert. A nice place to take some friends and share a pot of tea~

Pros: Delicious food, Wondeful prices, Cassava Cake
Cons: none
heybuttercup
heybuttercup

Loving the Hut!

5 Posted on 04 / 26 / 2010

What a great blessing to have The Loving Hut in Huntington Beach! We eat here several times a week. The staff are the sweetest and most appreciative in town. The food is so fresh and delicious!
I hope many, many people discover this little jewel! We love it!

Pros: Great food, Great price, Staff like family
VeJim
VeJim

Great food and a bad idea

3 Posted on 03 / 31 / 2010

I've eaten at Loving Hut six or seven times and am working through the menu hoping to try everything. I have enjoyed each dish (I had the Kung Pao twice - my favorite so far) and I love the simple elegance of the presentation. I also like that the owners haven't named their dishes after the corresponding meat dish. The staff are friendly and personable. The fly in the tofu however, is the continually televised Supreme Master TV. In my most recent visit they aired a truly hideous documentary on animal cruelty that included graphic images of boxes of dead kittens and dying dogs. This is not what I want to see during dinner (or any other time). It was disgusting.

I wholeheartedly recommend this restaurant's food but the ambiance leaves a lot to be desired. If you are at all squeamish, order take out and sit facing away from the big screen while you're waiting. The food will not disappoint.

Pros: excellent food, nice people, good value
Cons: Supreme Master TV, axes to grind
jamisie
jamisie

Nice suprise!

5 Posted on 03 / 29 / 2010

I found this resturant a few weeks ago by suprise. The food is really good, and a deent price. So happy to have a new began place in my neighborhood!

Pros: Price, Quick, Clean
Shalex4
Shalex4

YUM!!!

4 Posted on 01 / 17 / 2010

We had never been to a Loving Hut until we visted this new location. The food was better than expected and the portions are generous for the price. The menu has a lot of standard asian dishes, but with more flavor than you usualy find (such as carmelized onions in the spring rolls!). The menu also featured a burger and sweet potato fries! Friendly staff and clean. If the large TV broadcasting the supreme master channel isnt a bother, then its a very pleasant dining experience. I hope this loving hut gets a lot of business. please go and eat there!! Support 100% vegan eateries!!!

Dear Owner and Manager of Loving Hut - Huntington Beach: