Loving Hut - Honolulu...

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Serving vegan food and non-alcoholic beverages. Each location is individual family owned. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Organic, American, Asian, Juice bar, Take-out, Delivery

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Princess_Peachy
starlyse
starlyse

not worth your time nor money

2 Posted on 05 / 28 / 2014

I don't have anything good to say about this place. The food was gross. The wontons were over-fried and bland, the crepe was greasy and salty, the orange "chicken" was obviously made with frozen chicken, packaged sauce, and the vegetable side was still partially frozen. Their service was non-existent. I hate to give a vegan restaurant a bad review, but this place was really terrible.

Cons: bad food, no service
DollyWiggles
DollyWiggles

Always a pleasure

5 Posted on 11 / 11 / 2012

Loving hut consistantly has great food and this is no exception. Even though we went there on a night where the lady working there was unfortunately all by herself but she was very sweet and apologetic about it as out food took quite long to be ready. It was very enjoyable none the less.

The lady working there was delightful, the food was great and also it was my birthday so we all got cake(I got coconut, my parents got chocolate) and a my brother got a slice of the pumpkin pie(also very good). We also got a piece of brownie to go(when the lady found it was my birthday she insisted on giving me something for free). It was very fudgy.

Out of the two locations this one is probably better. It has way more options plus great lunch specials.

Pros: nice location, friendly staff, great food
Cons: washroom is weird to get to
jetgal
jetgal

Nice little diner

4 Posted on 03 / 16 / 2012

I ordered fresh spring rolls and chicken nuggets to take with me for the flight back to the mainland. Both were good, but the nuggets were a little greasy. I also tried a peice of pumpkin pie and found it to be tasty but flat. Pumpkin pie should look fluffy and this can be achieved with flax, egg replacer, or tofu. The waiter and cook were very nice and I'll deffinately stop by again on my next visit. The girl next to me was eating a quesadilla and it looked amazing. Since she ate the whole thing, I'm assuming it was!

Pros: good food, great staff
Cons: wish it was closer to waikiki
TheVeganOfAus
TheVeganOfAus

Love Loving Hut

4 Posted on 03 / 01 / 2012

Loving Hut - somewhat predictable, but that's not a bad thing.

This place is my favourite of the two in town because it has more options (including some burgers / western foods too). Our family (with a couple of fussy small kids) were more than happy here. And a super-friendly host to boot.

Wholefoods for brekky/lunch and Loving Hut for dinner - vegan Honolulu holiday set!

Mahalo.

Pros: All vegan!, Plenty of options.
westcornersville
westcornersville

Creative Menu and Large Portion Sizes

5 Posted on 02 / 12 / 2012

I liked this place. They some different items than most Loving Huts, such as the katsu curry (highly recommend) and a vegan spinach quesadilla (but they also have some of the typical items found at other Loving Huts like the pho or the crispy rolls). They have some new items that aren't on the online menu (as of Feb. 2012)--including this dim sum appetizer (forgot the name, but it was good), and they've expanded their hours to 10:30 AM to 10:30 PM. They have large portion sizes (especially compared with other Honolulu restaurants which tend to go small on the portions).

Pros: great food, large portion sizes, "Hole in the Wall" type place

atljanet
atljanet

be prepared to wait and not get what you ordered

2 Posted on 06 / 15 / 2011

I was so excited to try this resturant after hearing good things about the other location. After a long wait, my order did not have veggies or sauce that was mentioned on the menu. They said they burned my daughters quesadilla. Several other diners were served. When it finally came out, it too did not have veggies advertised on the menu. It was small but good.

While the food was fine, the service was slow...even for a vegitarian restaurant. Expect to not get what you expect with no explanation given.

Pros: tasty
Cons: doesn't adhere to menu, very slow
Princess_Peachy
Princess_Peachy

• non-vegetarian

Wonderful tasty food

5 Posted on 05 / 05 / 2011

I was very surprised when I got the food. I was amazingly delicious. Everything I ordered was yummy n filling. The desserts are okay.

When I walked in I wanted to walk right out. No A.C. so it was a little muggy. They placed looked like it was no moved in yet. The drinks fridge was empty. I looks like a mom and pop store in a town of 300. She was so friendly I couldn't leave. I'm glad I didn't because her food rocks!

They t.v. is on some sort of vegan religion channel. Little spooky. Still, great food. lol

Pros: Awsome food, friendly staff, perfect portions
Cons: teleivision channel, unfinished atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of Loving Hut - Honolulu Pensacola St: