Formerly Hoa Dang, now an official branch of Loving Hut, an international chain of vegan food restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Serves all vegan food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, and desserts. Very spacious with many tables, nice interior. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Vietnamese

First Review by natran

Best Loving Hut I've been to in Vietnam

4 Posted on 08 / 21 / 2014

I've been to the other Loving Hut in HCMC (located in Tan Binh District)and one in Hanoi and neither of them were particularly great experiences, but fortunately I had visited this branch first so knew that not all Loving Huts in Vietnam were disappointing.

I was unaware of the opening times and arrived at 13:45 - 15 minutes before they were due to close. I apologised for being late and told them that I was still expecting 2 other people and that I'd just call them and we'd go somewhere else but the staff were SO kind and patient and insisted that it was okay to wait for them and that they could still take our orders. I found that very accommodating and they really went out of their way to provide great service, even though they weren't supposed to be working then.

The place itself is very spacious and definitely more elegant than the other 2 branches I've been to. The menu is very extensive, so it was hard just picking one dish. I had the pho with mock beef and my parents had the sushi and a rice dish - we all enjoyed our food and agreed we'd come back. I've yet to go back but plan on doing so soon as there is so much on the menu to try out and I've heard the desserts there are good :-)

Pros: Great, attentive, staff, Extensive menu, Veg shop upstairs
Cons: Possibly a bit hard to find

Good Food, but Expensive

3 Posted on 04 / 30 / 2014

The food here is good and the service is good. But the place feels sterile and not that "Loving". I did enjoy the food I ate, but for the price I think you can find good food at a better price. The food makes me want to go back, but the price keeps me from going back.

Pros: Food, Fast Service
Cons: Price, Atmosphere

My Best Vegan Restaurant Experience!!!

5 Posted on 03 / 04 / 2014

What sounds like exaggeration is fact. The restaurant atmosphere feels like a upper class restaurant, serves so delicious food and has got a vegan store on first floor.
The variety offered is packed in a big menu. On my return to HCM this is my first spot to check in, don't miss this when you are there!

Pros: Delicious, Atmosphere, Service

nice atmosphere and great food

5 Posted on 02 / 02 / 2014

The restaurant is very nice. Its quite big. There are many choices and the food was great!

Pros: great food, nice staff, nice atmosphere

Great loving hut

5 Posted on 06 / 26 / 2013

I have seen a lot of "Loving Hut" restaurants while travelling but this is the one with the largest menu and the most fancy design that I have seen until now. We have ordered a feast and still payed what we would pay in an ordinary european restaurant for only one meal. The food was delicious and so were our fresh juices.

Pros: large menu, many options, tasty food
Cons: some options were sold out

Good food, but expensive

4 Posted on 05 / 09 / 2013

Large menu, like most loving huts but this one is a little more upscale. Food was good but portions small. Great store right next door with some vegan Western foods that you may be missing (some whole foods and trader joe's brands too) including chocolate bars and cookies. But the best part was the cheese cake slices in the fridge. If you eat at loving hut, go here for dessert.

Pros: cake at the store, good food
Cons: small portions, expensive (relatively)

A very nice place in HCM City!

5 Posted on 09 / 22 / 2012

I've been to many vegetarian/vegan places in HCM city.
The one most stand-out is Hoa Dang. Known for its
setting and clean food (as compared with others in HCM city).
The owner pays a lot of attention to hygiene food preparation, that's important while you're in VN.
The chicken "Pho" is very good. Sushi is nice.
Every dish is almost perfect. A little expensive though.
But well worth-it once in a while.
Many foreigners come to this place because they trust
the cleanliness, and the goodness of the food.

Pros: Best food, Clean, nice setting
Cons: A bit expensive

Good food - relatively expensive, but worth it

5 Posted on 05 / 16 / 2012

We arrived about twenty minutes before they opened, but it was raining outside and they let us come in and wait, which I thought was very nice. The inside of the restaurant is huge, and very clean. It felt much nicer and more upscale than any of the other Loving Huts we've visited. The staff was very nice. While there was a big screen TV along one of the walls, it wasn't turned on while we were there.

We tried two types of fresh spring rolls, the firecracker rolls (awesome!!), gluten satay (yum), a fried noodle dish, and the pak choy with garlic (meh, but better when combined with the leftover satay sauce).

I tried to order the flan (!) for dessert, but they were all out. Since there were no other desserts available, I ordered a coconut, which was full of liquid (they must add some) and soft enough that I was able to scoop out all of the flesh.

I think prices may have been almost double what they were at the Loving Hut we visited in Hanoi, but still very inexpensive by western standards, and I really enjoyed the meal. I'd be happy to go back.

There was a severe rainstorm when we were there and our waiter helped call us a cab.

Pros: Good food, Nice interior
Cons: Limited desserts

Disappointed

2 Posted on 03 / 07 / 2012

We were very excited to try the Loving Hut but we were quickly disappointed.
We had to share our table, the waiter was exhausted, very hot in the restaurant, food was just okay and very expensive....
The place was clean, big and well decorated.

Dinner at Hoa Dang

5 Posted on 06 / 13 / 2010

Awesome food. Seems to be a very popular place with local vietnamese. Small street entrance but very good restaurant inside

Upmarket Vegan

5 Posted on 08 / 03 / 2008

Loved it!. No alcohol, but the alc. free German beer was good. Terrific food, top class service, elegant atmosphere. Meal & drinks for 4 averaged $9 each. Attention to detail in food presentation & decoration is the best I have encountered anywhere. Michael Tait, Australia

Pros: Great food, Great servise, Great ambience
Cons: Not cheap, Alcohol free

Best veg Vietnamese food in town

5 Posted on 01 / 13 / 2008

Every dish I've tried there has been good (have not tried the western dishes, only the Asian ones). Esp like the Goi ga Hoa Dang (Hoa Dang chicken salad), ca thu hap gung (ginger-steamed fish), sup rong bien (seaweed soup), and canh chua rau nhut (soup soup with rau nhut). Also like their tamarind ice drink. Meal costs about 50,000-70,000VND.

Pros: excellent food, friendly but not overbearing service, elegant atmosphere
Cons: no alcohol service, barely any desserts

Dear Owner and Manager of Loving Hut Hoa Dang: