Loving Hut Hoa Dang

Formerly Hoa Dang, now an official branch of Loving Hut, an international chain of vegan food restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Serves all vegan food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, and desserts. Very spacious with many tables, nice interior. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Vietnamese

First Review by natran
VeganJazzman
VeganJazzman

My Best Vegan Restaurant Experience!!!

5 Posted on 03 / 04 / 2014

What sounds like exaggeration is fact. The restaurant atmosphere feels like a upper class restaurant, serves so delicious food and has got a vegan store on first floor.
The variety offered is packed in a big menu. On my return to HCM this is my first spot to check in, don't miss this when you are there!

Pros: Delicious, Atmosphere, Service
WasKreatives
WasKreatives

nice atmosphere and great food

5 Posted on 02 / 02 / 2014

The restaurant is very nice. Its quite big. There are many choices and the food was great!

Pros: great food, nice staff, nice atmosphere
Caro
Caro

Great loving hut

5 Posted on 06 / 26 / 2013

I have seen a lot of "Loving Hut" restaurants while travelling but this is the one with the largest menu and the most fancy design that I have seen until now. We have ordered a feast and still payed what we would pay in an ordinary european restaurant for only one meal. The food was delicious and so were our fresh juices.

Pros: large menu, many options, tasty food
Cons: some options were sold out
meatisfordummies
meatisfordummies

Good food, but expensive

4 Posted on 05 / 09 / 2013

Large menu, like most loving huts but this one is a little more upscale. Food was good but portions small. Great store right next door with some vegan Western foods that you may be missing (some whole foods and trader joe's brands too) including chocolate bars and cookies. But the best part was the cheese cake slices in the fridge. If you eat at loving hut, go here for dessert.

Pros: cake at the store, good food
Cons: small portions, expensive (relatively)
vnmusicbox
vnmusicbox

A very nice place in HCM City!

5 Posted on 09 / 22 / 2012

I've been to many vegetarian/vegan places in HCM city.
The one most stand-out is Hoa Dang. Known for its
setting and clean food (as compared with others in HCM city).
The owner pays a lot of attention to hygiene food preparation, that's important while you're in VN.
The chicken "Pho" is very good. Sushi is nice.
Every dish is almost perfect. A little expensive though.
But well worth-it once in a while.
Many foreigners come to this place because they trust
the cleanliness, and the goodness of the food.

Pros: Best food, Clean, nice setting
Cons: A bit expensive
procrastinasian
procrastinasian

Good food - relatively expensive, but worth it

5 Posted on 05 / 16 / 2012

We arrived about twenty minutes before they opened, but it was raining outside and they let us come in and wait, which I thought was very nice. The inside of the restaurant is huge, and very clean. It felt much nicer and more upscale than any of the other Loving Huts we've visited. The staff was very nice. While there was a big screen TV along one of the walls, it wasn't turned on while we were there.

We tried two types of fresh spring rolls, the firecracker rolls (awesome!!), gluten satay (yum), a fried noodle dish, and the pak choy with garlic (meh, but better when combined with the leftover satay sauce).

I tried to order the flan (!) for dessert, but they were all out. Since there were no other desserts available, I ordered a coconut, which was full of liquid (they must add some) and soft enough that I was able to scoop out all of the flesh.

I think prices may have been almost double what they were at the Loving Hut we visited in Hanoi, but still very inexpensive by western standards, and I really enjoyed the meal. I'd be happy to go back.

There was a severe rainstorm when we were there and our waiter helped call us a cab.

Pros: Good food, Nice interior
Cons: Limited desserts
Carovegan
Carovegan

Disappointed

2 Posted on 03 / 07 / 2012

We were very excited to try the Loving Hut but we were quickly disappointed.
We had to share our table, the waiter was exhausted, very hot in the restaurant, food was just okay and very expensive....
The place was clean, big and well decorated.

anantha_hojo
anantha_hojo

Dinner at Hoa Dang

5 Posted on 06 / 13 / 2010

Awesome food. Seems to be a very popular place with local vietnamese. Small street entrance but very good restaurant inside

Michael Tait
Michael Tait

Upmarket Vegan

5 Posted on 08 / 03 / 2008

Loved it!. No alcohol, but the alc. free German beer was good. Terrific food, top class service, elegant atmosphere. Meal & drinks for 4 averaged $9 each. Attention to detail in food presentation & decoration is the best I have encountered anywhere. Michael Tait, Australia

Pros: Great food, Great servise, Great ambience
Cons: Not cheap, Alcohol free
natran
natran

Best veg Vietnamese food in town

5 Posted on 01 / 13 / 2008

Every dish I've tried there has been good (have not tried the western dishes, only the Asian ones). Esp like the Goi ga Hoa Dang (Hoa Dang chicken salad), ca thu hap gung (ginger-steamed fish), sup rong bien (seaweed soup), and canh chua rau nhut (soup soup with rau nhut). Also like their tamarind ice drink. Meal costs about 50,000-70,000VND.

Pros: excellent food, friendly but not overbearing service, elegant atmosphere
Cons: no alcohol service, barely any desserts

Dear Owner and Manager of Loving Hut Hoa Dang: