Part of international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for vegetarian living. Serving food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, and more. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Chinese, Asian, Take-out
Calenberger Str. 11
Hannover, Germany 30169
0511-10538276
Now Open

Mon-Tue 11:30am-9:30pm, Wed 11:30am-3:00pm, Thu-Sat 11:30am-9:30pm, Sun 4:00pm-9:00pm

First Review by AndyT
VillVanilje
VillVanilje

Perfect vegan duck

Posted on 06 / 22 / 2015

As most Loving Hut places I have been to the ambience is not that great but the food is very tasty. I recommend the duck which is very crispy on top but juicy inside. There are many dishes to choose from and the prices are on the low side.

Pros: good value, tasty food, extensive menu
Cons: lack of atmosphere
hack_man
hack_man

A New Angle

Posted on 04 / 12 / 2015

This is the first German Loving Hut I have seen having been to ones in Warsaw and Prague. They do things really well here. I think they put a German angle on things. The 'meats' are so succulently spicy and über tasty, you are literally mouthwatering when you see the plethora of dishes on offer. I am a huge fan of faux meats and this is the place to go in Hannover for tasty flesh that didn't come from the skeleton of an animal. Loving Hut is a great place to go for a cracking oriental vegan feed in this gorgeous city.

Pros: succulent faux meats, good prices
Cons: not very central
freckia
freckia

Best mock meat dishes ever!

Posted on 11 / 04 / 2014

I have been to Loving Hut Hannover three times now and each time I was overwhelmed by the great quality of the food and friendliness it the staff. I Home Loving Hut will continue to expand all over the world. We wondered how they make mock meats and even seafood that are so authentic and delicious. To quote one of my none-vegan friends: "oh, so they actually do serve meat in this place?".

Pros: wonderful garden for sitting outside, friendly staff, freshly pressed juices

CiKay
CiKay

reasonable prices, good food

Posted on 09 / 16 / 2014

Today was my first visit at the Loving Hut and had spring rolls with rice noodles and salad (one of their signature dishes). The meals are reasonably priced and the one I had was good. No taste explosion as such, but tasty and satiable. The juices are amazing, though. I had orange-apple-juice, incredibly tasty!
Friendly staff, kind of a take-away atmosphere, a great place to visit when you are on the go and feel like good vegan food, not so much for a fancy dinner.
Updated from previous review on Friday December 20, 2013

Pros: reasonably priced, close to city center, reasonably sized meals
Cons: not too cozy, nothing special as such
  • CiKay CiKay

I changed my mind about the place after visiting it a few more times. The dish I had at my first visit may not have been my favourite, but everything I had there since was really good. Note to self: Visit a place at least twice before reviewing!

Vegangirl27
Vegangirl27

I love loving hut!

Posted on 08 / 23 / 2014

I visited loving hut in Hannover with my boyfriend while we were backpacking around Europe and was pleasantly surprised by the amazing food choice and great service :) we only visited once during our stay there although I was desperate to return! I'd 100% recommend it to anyone who is looking for a peaceful relaxed meal with excellent choice!

Pros: Amazing tasty food, Peaceful atmosphere, Friendly service
Sebastiaan
Sebastiaan

Tasty food in pleasant Loving Hut

Posted on 01 / 05 / 2013

Being a Loving Hut fan I wanted to try Loving Hut Hannover and was not disappointed. Loving Hut Hannover is only a few minutes walk from the " Altstad" and about 12 minutes walk from the station. The restaurant is in typical Loving Hut style, clean. not big, but cosy, and pleasant. Of course most important of a restaurant is the food. Well, in Loving Hut Hannover the food is very good, and it is reasonable priced. When we entered there were a few customers, but no staff. We waited a while, which was no problem as we immidiatly felt at home. When the staff appeared they turned to be friendly and polite. The food is mainly asian, like other Loving Hut. Because the atmosphere is pleasant, the food tasty, and the prices reasonable we will certainly come back if we visit Hanover again.

Updated from previous review on Saturday January 05, 2013

holley
holley
  • raw

Lovely Hut

Posted on 08 / 02 / 2012

The Loving Hut is probably my favorite restaurant in the entire town. I've eaten there many times, and I was never disappointed. They serve a variety of Asian Food, have great spices, all the ingredients, including the vegetables, are fresh and self-prepared. They also have A LOT of faux-meat, and even hardcore-carnists like my friends can't tell the difference between real meat and what Loving Hut serves. Despite a good amount of fake fast food like Döner, Hamburger, Chicken Nuggets, etc., they also have good salad, amazing (!) soups and awesome beverages (I highyly recommend the self-made Vietnamese lemonade!). In addition to all of this, it is really cheap. 8 spring rolls for 2,50 Euro!
Unfortunately, the Loving Hut is pretty empty during the week, but can be quite busy and noisy on the weekend evening.
Another plus is that you can order everything for to go.
Basically an amazing place, I have almost nothing to criticize.

Pros: Inexpensive, Amazing Food, Fake-Meat, Asian Dishes, Very friendly staff
Cons: Sometimes too busy at once
justin.au
justin.au

Best mock duck in history

Posted on 04 / 05 / 2012

We visited today and were very happy with the well presented restaurant serving delicious food and with friendly service. A good selection of mock meat asian dishes were found on the menu. We tried the Vietnamese rice paper rolls and found them to be pleasant. The spicy crumbed "prawns" were also excellent quality. For mains we enjoyed the sweet and sour "chicken", but the highlight was the Peking "duck" which was authentic in texture and taste. The friendly proprietor happily discussed menu options and ensured that everything was to our tastes.

We are not followers of the "Supreme Master" nonetheless we enjoyed the hospitality at this fine restaurant. We just wish such a restaurant could open near our city!

Pros: Friendly, Food quality, Quick service
goddess.pain
goddess.pain

Very, very delicious :)

Posted on 01 / 15 / 2012

I have eaten there many, many times and it was always very good if not excellent! My boyfriend is (still ;)) a meat eater and this is his favourite place for eating out! They have lots and lots of fake meat and fish (the fish "nuggets" are extraordinarily good!), some of which is almost too real for me to eat (the chicken), but also dishes without any fake stuff in it for people who don't like that. The staff has always been very, very friendly and attentive. The prices are reasonable. And even if you're not a member of the supreme master Ching Hai cult thing (which I am not either), you can watch their TV programme while waiting for your food, so the time will pass faster. It's pretty good sometimes, even, they cook vegan stuff etc. If you don't like their TV programme, you can sit in the back part of the room, where there is no TV set or - in summer - outside.
Possible minor cons are the atmosphere and interior. It's not as chilled as other vegan (alternative) places, a little sterile. And the interior is typical Asian take away style. Also for me the meals are sometimes not enough to satisfy my hunger, but then again you can try some of their very good appetizers. :D Soy and hot sauce on the tables would be nice.
AND most importantly: Loving Hut definetely needs to have a home delivery service!!! :D

Pros: cheap, very tasty, very friendly staff
Cons: interior/atmosphere, no soy and hot sauce on tables
gpcarlo
gpcarlo
  • non-vegetarian

Loving hut - loving it

Posted on 05 / 01 / 2011

What a range of food! All great quality with a very attentive waitress chef (only one staff member when we went and we were only people in the restaurant). That said... a fabulous experience, you have to try their home made lemonade! All dishes excellent especially the summer rolls. The one niggle I would have is that the Thai dish I tried was more Chinese than thai but honestly that should not distract from a great menu selection. We went here and Hiller and Hiller probably (just) has the edge but this is a very close run thing and well worth a visit too!

Pros: Staff, Food - range, Food - quality
Cons: Location - a bit far from cc
toxi
toxi

First visit to Loving Hut & loving it

Posted on 11 / 28 / 2010

Been to Hannover for the 1st vegan X-Mas Market and paid a visit to Loving Hut Resturant. It's a great place w/excellent food all prepared freshly @ a very moderate price and really nice staff. I can really recommend it- check it out and support vegan businesses :-)

Pros: Great Food, Nice Staff, Good Price
AndyT
AndyT

A great place to visit! Vegan Asian Restaurant

Posted on 06 / 15 / 2010

One of my favourite places in Hannover. A small, funny, lovable little restaurant that is unfortunately often very empty (which is hard for me to understand, as I really like the food there). When I visited them the first time, I thought 'OK, a Chinese takeaway' - but I have realized in the meantime that they are so much more.
They serve a number of corny Asian and Western treats that resemble meat and fish products but are totally vegan (e.g. 'Golden Fish' that resemble Fishfingers or Hot dogs/burgers). Many of these dishes are served in small servings at very fair prices, so that you can sample a lot of different dishes. The main reservation against the restaurant might be that many of the plates are not especially healthy (deep-fried dishes), but hey, they really taste great (and you can also go for more healthy alternatives :-) I really like their soups and 'vegetable rolls', and their desserts (Chocolate and cherry cake) are positively worth dying for (only the person tasting it, not some poor animals). They also have an affinity card that allows for a 20% discount at every 5th visit.
Now - before you hear it somewhere else - yes, they are owned by a SECT ('Supreme Master Ching Hai'). A particularly dangerous sect, that tries to achieve world domination by turning everybody into a vegan. Well, I can certainly live with that!!! And their satellite TV program certainly is lovable (and sometimes a bit funny).

Pros: Good food, Friendly staff, Variety of funny vegan dishes
Cons: many dishes not very healthy(deep-fried), Noisy if the hard-core vegans meet :-)

Dear Owner and Manager of Loving Hut: