CLOSED: Loving Hut - Haeundae

Part of international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for vegetarian living. Each location is individual family owned and operated. Serves food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, and more. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Asian, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by terrorfearor
mrswonderstuff
mrswonderstuff

Overpriced and underwhelming

2 Posted on 06 / 14 / 2013

Expensive compared to other Loving Huts and choice was limited (couple of Western dishes and a couple of Korean dishes). We had bibimbap for 9500 won and it was 90% lettuce. A disappointing meal.

Pros: Good location, Healthy food
Cons: Overpriced, Not very filling
Benvolio_32
Benvolio_32

• non-vegetarian

great location & food, continuous daytime service

4 Posted on 03 / 19 / 2013

This branch is very conveniently located, only 5 mins away from Haeundae beach and just around the corner from the Haeundae (Subway) station. It also offers "service continu" at daytime, which is really a plus.
I went twice here, had the mock bulgogi one time(very good, with lots of vegetables and great salad leaves) and the mock steak the other time (not as convincing as the bulgogi, reminded me more of a Korean "neobiani" patty). Very nice "panchan" complimentary side dishes), and also tasty "mandu" (Korean dumplings) which are air-fried instead of pan-fried. On the second time, at dinner, they ran out of rice, which is surprising for an Asian restaurant. So some dishes like "bibimbap" were off the menu, but admittedly we arrived quite late in the evening, so one should not blame them too much.
Seating atmosphere is OK, they have mostly Western-style tables, but also one Korean-style table. Great music on the speakers on both days I went there.

Pros: great location, good find, good daytime opening hours
Eric_
Eric_

Unsually expensive

3 Posted on 01 / 07 / 2013

Unusually expensive for a Loving Hut. My "steak" was all right, but not good enough for me to return on another short visit. On the other hand, it's not like there are a lot of places to choose from, so never say never. Haeundae is not a particularly interesting part of town.

Pros: Convenience
Cons: Price, Location
ahkow
ahkow

Excellent food!

5 Posted on 01 / 05 / 2013

One of our favorite in our 2nd trip to Korea. We had ratatouille, skinny dumpling, organic bulgogi and handmade vegan ice cream. All were really delicious. Will definitely visit again!

Pros: Great food
Cons: A little pricey

EvaDelgado
EvaDelgado

A must when Traveling to Haeundae

5 Posted on 11 / 12 / 2012

I love this place. I love it so much that when I go to Busan I eat there so much I haven't tried too many other places. This place is big enough where we have a veggie meet up with a dozen people. Everything on the table looked good.

Fair warning if you have been veggie for a very long time you may not truly appreciate the mock seafoods. On the other hand if you have had a craving, you will be in love in a "safe place".

Pros: Mock Seafoods, Near the Beach, Everything is Amazing
terrorfearor
terrorfearor

Tuna sandwiches to die for

5 Posted on 03 / 25 / 2011

The Loving Hut in Haeundae is fantastic. I've been to three different Loving Huts and although I love them all the Haeundae one is my favorite. They have the best fake tuna sandwiches. They are completely vegan and have lovely staff and delicious sides. They are a little pricey but worth every won. I HIGHLY reccommend this Loving Hut.

Pros: excellent food, great staff - nice environment (peaceful, healthy cuisine
Cons: a little pricey