Part of international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each location is individual family operated. Serves vegan food, coffee and tea, non-alcoholic beverages, cake, and more. Located at 서울 강남구 개포동 1218-16. Current hours reported as of Feb 2015. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Korean

Dikembe Mutombo
Dikembe Mutombo

Happy to have it nearby

Posted on 02 / 16 / 2013

The savory menu is fairly small here. They also have a coffee bar and a number of desserts. The lady working behind the counter was very kind, super helpful, and had some solid English skills. Though the previous review mentions their menus are in Korean... if you ask, they have an English version behind the counter.

I wasn't blown away by my food. It was standard Loving Hut cuisine. It was just nice to go out and not spend a bunch of time and energy deciphering the menu. The baked goods I sampled were on the dry side, but the ice cream was pretty good. They have a well-stocked grocery section on one side of the cafe, which will probably draw me back here occasionally. Though some of the items are extremely expensive, you can pick up a number of snacks (healthy and not) for normal prices. Legitimately vegan soymilk is 3,000. And if you're looking for vegan ramen, they have 5 different brands and a total of 7 flavors.
Updated from previous review on Saturday February 16, 2013

Pros: open through out the day, all vegan with kind/helpful staff, groceries/snacks/ice cream
Cons: baked goods leave much to be desired, savory menu fairly small, not a lot of options for fresh veggies
BorntobeVegan
BorntobeVegan

Amazing!

Posted on 01 / 06 / 2013

From walking inside the restaurant with my family, the lady on duty greeted us very nicely and was super sweet/patient throughout the meal. We asked lots of questions and I took pictures of the whole place since we were the only ones there; no one seemed to mind. I recommend having the menu on your phone/ knowing what you will order beforehand, because its in korean. The menu is pretty much the same as the one in Sadang. I ordered a noodle soup which was delicious, the broth tasted like french onion soup and there was veggie meat in it which was really good but a little too convincing IMO. They also have this hot sauce that tastes so good with your food. My parents and brother ordered the Big Burger with fries, and I couldn't stop stealing their fries, they were so delicious and tasted very homemade! It came with organic ketchup which was lovely. In my pre-vegan days, I used to love going to Kraze Burgers. Well in tasting that burger, it brought me back...tasted exactly if not better than my favorite burger in that omnivore place. Not even kidding! Also, the nice server said they had messed up the order in the kitchen, and they brought out a free brownie as a treat! It was so huge and rich dark chocolate, it really hit the spot. After dinner, we all got ice cream, and the lady let me taste some before ordering. I don't remember the name of the kind I got, but it was coffee-flavored with chocolate/coffee crunchy cookies in it. I was seriously in heaven! It has been so long since I've had ice cream, and that tasted even better than what I remember ice cream tasting like. My non-vegan parents got Affogatos, and they raved about it all night long! Seriously, any vegans/vegan-curious people NEED to visit here! They also have a little shop stocked with all vegan stuff, things like So Delicious ice cream and vegan meats. Lastly, I was sort of worried about the whole 'Supreme Master' thing, and if it would be awkward being there, but the TV is always on mute and there were hit songs playing. They played mostly Maroon 5, which made me like that place even more. I could probably go on about my experience there, because it was such a relief finally going to a place where I didn't have to worry about what I ordered or if there would be something for me to eat. I could order whatever my heart desired and I had no care in the world. I'm definitely going back here, and I want to try all the Loving Hut's in the Seoul area. I visited on Jan, 6 2013.

Pros: Tasty food, Ice cream, Low prices
Cons: Mostly Korean menu

Dear Owner and Manager of Loving Hut - Gangnam-gu: