Loving Hut - Favoritenstrasse

Formerly Go Veg Diner, now Loving Hut. Part of international chain of vegan restaurants inspired by Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for vegetarian living. Serves all vegan food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, and more. Uses organic vegetables and non-GMO products as much as possible, with a particular focus on sourcing ingredients from local producers. Tranquil atmosphere. Non-smoking. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Organic, Western, Vietnamese, Asian, Fast food, Take-out
Favoritenstrasse 156, Nahe Reumannplatz
Vienna, Austria 1100 Wien
0699-12659473, 12938470

Open Tue-Fri 11:30am-3pm and 5pm-9pm, Sat-Sun (& holidays) 12-9pm, Mon closed.

• Cash only

First Review by limade
killianH
killianH

the loving hut experience!

5 Posted on 08 / 10 / 2013

ive been to 10 loving huts around the world and they can be measured on two scales; how much supreme master propaganda they have decorated their restaurant with, and the how authentic they have kept their Asian food for a western clientele. This place rocks hard in both categories! Tons of the great propaganda that makes loving hut so funny and interesting, and the food was great Asian food, with some western classics (a burger basically). The midday menu (mon-fri, i think 8 euros) is a steal. I went there every day for 5 days (because it was so close to where i was staying) to try a lot of different dishes and they were all really good. A lovely Vietnamese couple run it, and my friend who lives in Vienna (who isnt vegan) says its the best Asian in the city! go there now!

Pros: full VEGAN! , real Asian, clean and quick
martina1988
martina1988

Great burger

4 Posted on 06 / 25 / 2013

I really like the burgers from Loving Hut Favoritenstraße.
They weren't as greasy as the burgers in Neubaugürtel.

The waitress was nice, the food was good and it was really inexpensive.
I also had a cake for dessert and it was also good.

Will sure go there again !

Pros: inexpensive, great burger, nice people
Cons: the place is not really beautiful, could be a little more clean
Morgenstern72
Morgenstern72

Small, but quite good

4 Posted on 06 / 01 / 2013

This is (in my opinion) the better Loving Hut in Vienna. It has more dishes in a better quality and great fake meat (try the roasted spit!). It's not only fastfood, they have several other things to. Desserts are good too.
Updated from previous review on Saturday June 01, 2013

Pros: Many dishes, Great fake meat
Cons: Little bit shabby restaurant, It's part of a (harmless) sect
CaptainKarin
CaptainKarin

Nicht empfehlenswert

2 Posted on 05 / 12 / 2013

Da ich zuvor schon in einigen Loving Hut Restaurants zu Besuch war, freute ich mich auch hier auf ein leckeres Essen - leider hat sich diese Hoffnung nicht erfüllt. Das Personal war leider nicht sehr höflich und das erste, was ich in meinem Loving Hut Burger gefunden habe, war ein langes, schwarzes Haar - igitt! Ansonsten war das Burger-Laibchen leider vollkommen verkohlt und ungenießbar! Auch das Schnitzel war nur mittelmäßig.
Wenn man in Wien also zu einem Loving Hut möchte, sollte man sich lieber an den am Neubaugürtel halten.

Pros: günstig
Cons: Hygiene, Personal, Geschmack

rosie
rosie

Good tasty cheap eat

5 Posted on 08 / 19 / 2012

we went there twice as the other Loving Hut was closed for the rest of August. Amazingly nice food, cheerful staff. It's a bit of a trek to get to though. We had some rice with vegetable and fake meat type thing. But the vegan cakes were the most impressive bit - I had a vegan chocolate sackertorte type thing - it was incredibly nice and my boyfriend had a forest fruit cake with soya cream.

Pros: amazing vegan cake, good value, friendly staff
Cons: it's a bit far out , most of the food is based on fake meats
chicintelligente
chicintelligente

Typical Loving Hut

4 Posted on 07 / 29 / 2012

If you have been to and like other Loving Hut restaurants, you will not be surprised by what you find here, and will find the food just as enjoyable as it always is. Many asian-inspired dishes, with an emphasis on mock meats (but I don't eat those and still I had plenty of great options to choose from). I had a soup, salad, some fresh spring rolls (subbing fake shrimp with tofu), nibble on some of my companion's noodles, and shared a sundae for dessert.

The only thing that is not too great about the restaurant is it's location. It is a bit far beyond the centre, so I took a taxi to get there (it was winter and freezing). But it is always nice to go somewhere as a vegan and know that you can eat everything on the menu.

Pros: Good Food, Inexpensive, All-Vegan
Cons: Location, Decor
runsten
runsten

Food prepared with love?

2 Posted on 07 / 22 / 2012

Loving hut?

I was here about a year ago and loved the food but this time it was awful (July 2012). I will never come here again. First of all it is far from city center and the place is more like a fast food place. Smelly, small and messy.

They had no chocolate cake and spring rolls when I was there, which really made me disappointed since I more or less came back to have these. Also there some other dishes I asked for which they could not prepare (because of Summer holidays!?!?).

We ordered some dishes and I got woked burned tofu with vegetables. I pointed out to them that every piece of tofu in my dish was burned. They replied that it was not burned, it should be like that. Sorry but when every piece of tofu is burned (black!) I could not eat it and told them to take it away. In what dissent restaurant would they put burned food on your table and try to claim that this is how it should be.

I had to order a burger but this is not really what I wanted to have for diner.

The staff was nice and took the burned tofu wok out of the bill but I was really annoyed already since they put it in front of me in the first place and try to tell me that burned food is normal to eat.

No, I will not come here again, it is too far and apparently unpredictable what you can order and what they will put on the table in front of you.

I did visit the other Loving hut almost in city center, which looked nice but they also only had kind of fast food.

Being a vegan doesn't mean that I am automatically against fast food but for other reason I prefer a real meal. Vegan hamburgers I can prepare myself at home...

Pros: friendly staff - sometimes..., cheap???, loving?!?!
Cons: smelly small dull far away place, cheap fast food, no love.... low quality
  • AndyT AndyT

Sorry for the dissent you experienced, but the word you are looking for is "decent".

xeasyx
xeasyx

Delicious Asian Food

5 Posted on 04 / 04 / 2012

Very huge range of meals: takeaway, vegetables, fakemeat, noodles, rice, tofu, etc.
Very tasty, good price. Water for free

Pros: excellent food, pretty huge portions, inexpensive
Cons: much fastfood
Tara HD
Tara HD

Great if you like meat substitutes!

3 Posted on 01 / 20 / 2012

I've eaten there many many times out of necessity (in a very stressful period of my life) but would not go there (or any other Loving Hut) if I have other vegan options with less meat substitutes available.

That said, if you like meat substitutes a lot, this is certainly no bad place to go. The food is definitely pretty good. I also tried a chocolate cake once - it was wonderful! The staff is very friendly. The atmosphere is rather "cold" though.

Pros: good food, friendly staff
Cons: focus on meat substitutes, cold atmosphere
santos
santos

Great restaurant!

5 Posted on 12 / 22 / 2011

This is basically my go- to place for my vegan/vegetarian fix at a decent price. Everything that I've ever had from this place is amazing! I always get the PHO which is amazing here (minus the soy slices, not my thing), the crispy rolls are heavenly, and the chow mein is delicious here. The atmosphere- great!!! The service is really good as well. the day i went it was full house and everyone just seem to enjoy the food so much; there was a line waiting too!!
others- loved this place, definitely will go back!

spagetti
spagetti

This is a wonderful place to go for a healthy

5 Posted on 10 / 31 / 2011

Thank you so much HappyCow.Net to shares good vegan place in Vienna. I was there last week and this place is amazing. Really good asian vegan dishes & affordable prices. Seriously we order some, mmmmm so good! We had delicious spring rolls, delightful PHO Hanoi (rice noodle soup), excellence combo spicy chacha & there're amazingly fresh juice, I got a slice of the green cake to take home, totally out of character for me and it was incredibly good. Service was pretty good & friendly.

I looove this place, I wish I could come here everyday... every meal! We absolutely need more restaurants like this.

Pros: LOVE the price, LOVE the food, LOVE the service
lisa950
lisa950

Fantastic vegan food!

5 Posted on 07 / 04 / 2011

Definitely a very friendly and open space to enjoy a dining experience with friends, family, or loved ones. Menu selection caters to different needs with good prices. I have had many many different dishes there and enjoyed all of them. We got there around 7:00pm at Sunday and the place was empty. All the better because we didn't have to wait. Beautiful interior and very bright. Big flatscreen television in the main area showing many different vegan lifestyle stuff like recipes and famous people who are vegan. Also promoting Supreme Master Ching Hai, she's a spiritual leader practicing Quan Yin Buddhism and like I mentioned earlier, healthy vegan living.

Everything we ordered was delicious. I think the empty plates were testament to that. The best part was leaving full but feeling great and not bloated. we had the pho, wonton noodle soup, shrimp cha cha cresecents and sweet and sour pork. all of them were good. the wonton tasted like real wonton like the kind my mom makes, which is very yummy.
also had the mocha chocolate cake, it was good though a bit plain for my taste, never had vegan cake before. Every item on their menu is so delicious and fresh tasting. And the staff is incredibly nice and willing to explain any of the items.

Thank you and be nice to animals and the earth. C U!

Jerry FL
Jerry FL

LOOOVE the food!

5 Posted on 06 / 27 / 2011

Great organic vegan food that's pretty cheap! The environment is pretty cool too, they have "save the earth & green" kind of writing on the wall and a SupremeMasterTV fantastic and in-expensive!
The service. There were a few other occupied tables, but it wasn't very busy. We were greeted by a friendly server who was quick to get us seated, chat a bit about the menu, and take our drink order. Our orders were up quick, the refills were prompt, and at the end, the check was brought right away. Zero complaints about the folks working there. They were fantastic.

The Food. Went here last night and ordered Pho, BBQ Noodles, Drumsticks, Golden Wanton, Loving Hut Burger and Heavenly Salad. Everything was fresh and the seasoning was perfect. I loved the salad! These summer rolls were HEAVENLY. Packed with jicama, carrot, and tofu, they're amazingly flavorful. They're so light that eating them actually makes you hungrier (which, I suppose, is the point of an appetizer). The best part, however, was the accompanying peanut sauce, would I could lap up and eat with a spoon (which is probably *not* the point of an appetizer). I went for a large serving of the chow mein. And it was large indeed. It was a small mountain of perfectly cooked noodles, veggies, and fake meat (of course).
And the place? Clean and simple, not fancy but not a throwaway place, either. It was nice. BY far, one of my favorite vegan places in Vienna city and I will be back!

TIP:
The parking free lot here is small and on the road. There is plenty of street parking since there are many houses around the place. Restaurant on Monday closed -;)

stephano
stephano

Heavenly place

5 Posted on 05 / 10 / 2011

OMG! The food is amazingly deliciouse and healthy and in-expensive!
You wont believe it is Vegan. Easy to understand how people can be Vegan with out killing and better health, especially with food this good! Delicious hot food served fast, excellent service, handsome owner/manager who checked on me several times... heaven!

Pros: Delicious food, excellent service, good value
Guest
Guest

Great vegan food

5 Posted on 11 / 12 / 2010

I love new style of eating room now, here making me more good feeling of food, Chef cook do very fast and cooking very well, I not too long waited to be come the food after few minus ordering, I love here all time vegan Burger, mexican wrap, veggie dogie (hotdog), spicy chacha and many more, the price here so good for foor like me a student.
staff here soooo friendly, they're speak German and English too.
so, finally here a good strips point for every body went visit Vienna city, of course here is my favorites location.

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff
Cons: limit sit
paulg
paulg

That is a tasty burger

5 Posted on 05 / 07 / 2010

Loving Hut is very close to Reumannplatz U-bahn station (at the end of the U1 line) - a five minute walk makes it about ten to fifteen minutes from Stephansplatz or you can take the 67 S-bahn for a couple of stops. It's easy to find - just follow the 67 tramtracks!

The place is all vegan, has a great range of dishes and does really interesting and delicious food - quite a few delicious vietnamese dishes that I had not seen as a vegan option before (a really tasty looking stuffed pancake) and a great selection of dishes like hotdogs and burgers, which although they are more conventional will definitely end up on your top-ten all-time list.

I had cheese burger and it was excellent - in my top ten for sure! - and really good value at 5.50 Euro. The staff were friendly and english and german are spoken. I can't recommend the place highly enough.

Pros: Wide range of dishes, Good value, Friendly staff
wildfang
wildfang

The food is nice.

2 Posted on 12 / 18 / 2009

I went to Go Veg Diner a couple of times and liked the food. The burgers were not great though. The ice cream and cake were lovely and the prices alright too. The staff was always very friendly.

So everything fine so far BUT being exposed to nonstop "follow our highest Mistress" stuff and her greatness on their TV, being given flyers about their sect and even having to see their sect adverts in underground stations and at the climate demonstration in Copenhagen is NOT ok.

Pros: good value, friendly staff
Cons: indoctrination
Powerbex
Powerbex

Small, Asian

3 Posted on 11 / 29 / 2009

Didn't get a chance to try the food, but popped in to grab a take away slice of cake. Restaurant is very small, with a large menu of very Asian mock meat foods. Run by Vietnamese. Cake was a cocoa/nut cake, creamy and not too sweet. Worth the long walk up Favoritenstrasse, but not my cup of tea for main meals...

nspanee
nspanee

good variety

5 Posted on 11 / 17 / 2009

was there in summer 08. it was good food. price good as well. the restaurant was full and all the other guests seemed to liked their food as well.
pictures of all the meals so its so easy to choose.

Pros: variety, price
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Supreme Master restaurant

4 Posted on 05 / 22 / 2009

You can always count on the Supreme Master restaurant for a good filling and inexpensive meal. Go Veg Diner is rare in that its not all asian food and they have some tacos! They were out of them however during my visit, but the chef made me a wonderful oil free veg plate that rocked! THANK YOU THANK YOU!

minjun
minjun

5 Posted on 12 / 08 / 2008

Thank you so much for your lovely foods, really beauty and warmly was I coming to your vegan restaurant, I love your vegan Hamburger, Thai curry, Pho-Rice noodle soup, BBQ and many more dish you having.
I will come back.
Thank you also your SupremeMasterTV program to showing and some more Animals books from Supreme Master Ching Hai, that really wondderful Vegan Fast Food in Vienna.
Thank, Thank, Thank.
See you.

Pros: Vegan, Vienna vegan, GoVegDiner
Cons: Vegan Imbiss, Vegan Fast Food, GoVeg BeGreen
danidancheva
danidancheva

Great vegan place

5 Posted on 11 / 28 / 2008

All vegans MUST visit!!! Imagine a place where you don't have to poke your food suspiciously, or ask all the time "Are you sure there's no milk here?" "Or eggs?" "Oh, I forgot to ask about butter...?" We've all been in such situations - so there's a SAFE PLACE! (I eat honey though - so I'm not sure about that part) The owners also serve the food, they are very friendly and speak English as well as German.

Pros: All vegan, non-smoking, alkohol-free
Cons: strong meat association in some dishes
  • GOVEGDINER GOVEGDINER

Hi danidancheva,
    Thank you somuch for you kindly posting on here about my vegan fast food shop. I'm very happy was you coming. hope in the puture will see you again.
    also I'm make sure for all of my custummer truely know again about my shop: We serving a wide range of fast food fare only vegan (no Animal product). Has no smocking inside, non-alcoholic beer, W-Lan access free for stamp custommers. Open Mon-Sat 11:00-21:00. Sun: 12:00-21:00. Vegan-friendly, Western, Asian, International, Fast food, Catering, Take-out.
    Thank you somuch and God blessing.
    Love :)

limade
limade

friendly and yummy

4 Posted on 08 / 19 / 2008

This place only opened about a month ago.
They have a small menu that offers a nice variety of vegan foods. We had the wiener schnitzel and the grilled skewers and were very satisfied. The place is nice and the staff is very friendly. We will definately come back.

Dear Owner and Manager of Loving Hut - Favoritenstrasse: