Loving Hut Express - Food C...

Dec 2014 closed for winter - please update happycow when it re-opens in 2015. Vegan food cart parked at the front of Yaletown Roundhouse Community Center. Offers vegan sandwiches and burgers. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Western, American, Fast food, Catering, Take-out only
Pacific Blvd and Davie Street corner
Vancouver, British Columbia
604-780-1029

First Review by Downtown Tony
lil.ragdoll.angel
lil.ragdoll.angel

Holy Cow, I thought I was eating the real thing!

Posted on 11 / 15 / 2014

If I was still a meat eater, I definitely wouldn't have known the difference. The whole food cart is vegan and I tried the bacon cheese burger ($10) and onion rings ($4). Yes, it is expensive, but wow! This is by far the best vegan burger I ever had and the onion rings were good too. I actually don't like onions at all, but decided to try it anyways, so me saying it was good would boggle my other friends minds, hahha!
I am looking forward to going back to the Loving Hut and trying everything else on their menu. The ladies working there are very nice :) I hope that one day, they could get more locations (with more places to sit) or extend their days and hours.
Recommended to all! :D
Updated from previous review on Thursday November 06, 2014

Pros: All vegan, Amazing, tasty food, Nice staff
Cons: Expensive, Limited hours and days, Only seating spot I saw was a bench
Amiressy
Amiressy

I love this cart.

Posted on 11 / 01 / 2014

I count the days till its Sat so I can go eat here. Rain or shine. I wish they were open everyday.

VeganTeanna
VeganTeanna

VEGAN FASTFOOD

Posted on 09 / 27 / 2014

YUM YUM YUM and YUM. Amazing fast food haven't had a burger and onion rings this good in forever , not even before i was vegan ;) . Defiantly somewhere i would take my non vegan friends , because it is AMAZING!

Pros: Yummy burgers, Fast service, healthy pop?
Cons: hours

djoe
djoe

Great Vegan Junk Food

Posted on 07 / 29 / 2014

They are still in business!! They just have limited hours and days - Thurs to Sunday - best to check their FB page.

PeteSutherland
PeteSutherland

Gone

Posted on 07 / 13 / 2014

Went by there today and can't find it. I suspect they're out of business.

• veganraymie veganraymie

Their website says Thursday to Saturday open. Your post was on a Sunday, I'm assuming that was the problem?

• lovela5 lovela5

They are only open on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 11 to 4.30, and sometimes during the summer they are taking part in some festivals and catering events. I suggest liking their Facebook page in order to keep track of their schedule :) I wish they were open more often :D especially in the summer!

• vegan frog vegan frog

They operate weird hours but if you want to check their whereabouts, you should check their Twitter account https://twitter.com/LovingHut_Vanc or Facebook page. And also update your review when you've given them a try. I suspect you won't be sorry, it is truly delicious (but rich food)

graceface
graceface

Best food cart in town!

Posted on 12 / 05 / 2013

The food here is great, reasonably priced, and fast. The onion ring burger is probably one of the best veggie burgers I have ever had and its so cool to have an all vegan cart in Vancouver. Just wish they were open more...

Pros: delicious, good value, fast
Cons: not open enough
lovela5
lovela5

Best Vegan burder I had!

Posted on 09 / 14 / 2013

I'm giving them 6 cows. It's simply A-mazing. It was sooo delicious. But I wish they had few locations and an actual restaurant.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, good value
Cons: Food truck
GlobalVeganist
GlobalVeganist

Best Burger ever! 6 out of 5 cows!!!!

Posted on 07 / 25 / 2013

After a long, unintentional walk into the wrong direction I found the Loving Hut Van - thank god I did! I had the "Bacon Burger" and potato fries - amazing!! The flavours were just right, unlike so many fake Burgers it didn't taste artificial, and the friendly staff make it a perfect quick meal option when you are in the area.
The light rain didn't put me off (I was HUNGRY), but shame that they don't offer covered seating.

Cons: No covered seating
drschoen
drschoen

Back in business

Posted on 05 / 26 / 2013

Loving Hut has been back in Yaletown Friday and Saturdays (and sometimes Sundays) since mid-March, 2013 for lunch. Check out their facebook page for menus and times. This is the BEST burger you will ever eat (vegan or otherwise)... even my meat-eating friends agree!

Pros: delicious, friendly, vegan
Cons: none
philjdomm
philjdomm

Food Truck on the Go

Posted on 11 / 29 / 2012

When I discovered Loving Hut Food Truck in dwtn?
WOW

Pros: convenient, food truck, on the go
DollyWiggles
DollyWiggles

Simply the best

Posted on 09 / 03 / 2012

I never know what I'm going to order when I go, even though their menu is posted almost everyday that they are open on their facebook page.

It's all so incredibly good. The chipotle mayo with yam fries alone!

The only con about this place: if your not entirely sure of their schedule(sometimes it changes), and have made plans to go there and they end up not being open that day, whatever food you end up eating will pale in comparison of what you thought you were going to be eating. So their only problem is the food is too good? Not too shabby.

Pros: fantastic food, friendly service, their usual location is really nice
Cons: limited hours of operation
Thursdudette
Thursdudette

Best burger I've ever had

Posted on 09 / 01 / 2012

If you ever get the chance of visiting Vancouver, you HAVE to go and try these burgers! I had the bacon cheese burger and it was easily the best vegan burger I've ever tasted. It costs 9 C$, but it is pretty big and so incredibly delicious! The staff was very nice, too. I hope I can go there again someday and try their other burgers. Unfortunately, they don't seem to offer every burger from their menu every day.

Pros: excellent burgers, friendly staff
vegan frog
vegan frog

Best cart in Vancouver!

Posted on 07 / 21 / 2012

Heavy on soy and vegan cheese, but oh so tasty! Tried the Crispy Chick*n burger, the onion ring cheese burger, Philly's Dream, BC Reuben and Healthy Grill. All have been excellent. The fries are crispy and delicious and the staff is super friendly and helpful.
Great for an indulgent treat...

barefoot and vegan
barefoot and vegan

Best Food Truck in Vancouver

Posted on 07 / 09 / 2012

We have been coming to this food truck since they arrived. The food is incredibly good. Our favorites so far have been The Crispy "Chicken" burger and The Healthy Grilled sandwich. Last time we were there I noticed a raw option that I will be trying next. Their onion rings are delicious too.

Pros: excellent food, very nice staff, so many options
Cons: eating outside in the winter
kimward8
kimward8

Best Vegan Food in Vancouver!

Posted on 07 / 07 / 2012

I love this place! The mushroom cheese burger is amazing, the chicken burger is awesome, and the cheese fries are so good! I wish they had another location that wasn't downtown.

CLRtraveller
CLRtraveller

tasty take-away food

Posted on 06 / 29 / 2012

Outside the Roundhouse Community Centre, Pacific Blvd. at Davie Street:
All the food is vegan. I had the Healthy Grill, $8, a toasted sandwich with chicken-like patty, garlic cannellini bean spread, quacamole, tomato slices, red onion, baby spinach and arugula. Very tasty. I could do without the mock meat concept, though. There was also a bacon cheeseburger, chicken burger, Rueben sandwich. Mid-afternoon Sunday, they were doing a brisk business, so there was a bit of a wait for the food.

Pros: tasty
Cons: just a couple of benches around
Al-Cajon
Al-Cajon

Best Burger ever!

Posted on 06 / 22 / 2012

The best burger in Vancouver!
If you like hamburger/sandwiches, you need to check it out. I have tried many vegan burgers when I'm on a small trip and this one was the best burger I have ever (!) eaten.

My girlfriend and me have tried 4 different burger/sandwiches and all were extraordinary! First we thought 8$ might be a bit expensive for just one burger, but it was worth the money!
Our favorites so far: BBQ Onion (!) and BC Reuben.
5 of 5 !

Pros: Taste!, assortment
Cons: Maybe bit too expensive
QuothTheRaven
QuothTheRaven

Vegan delight on the go

Posted on 02 / 28 / 2012

My husband and I tend to make frequent trips to Vancouver (living in the Yukon, you basically have to to find any civilization haha!) We scoped out HappyCow before our last trip and noticed Loving Hut Express and it's delectable sounding menu, so it was a definite must. We walked a few blocks from our hotel to find it, it was easy to spot. We really wanted to order the entire menu but opted for the mock "chicken" burgers. They were absolutely delicious! Truly a vegan treat! I am sure you could even fool the non-vegans with their incredible food. We will definitely be back when we make our trips to Vancouver. Also want to applaud the very friendly staff. Thanks!

Pros: all vegan, delicious, friendly staff
Downtown Tony
Downtown Tony

Tasty, Clean & Friendly!

Posted on 10 / 20 / 2011

Happily stumbled past this fresh and friendly food cart on a sunny autumn evening. Having watched the Vancouver street food scene develop over the past two years, but with so few options for compassionate eating, we were glad to finally be able to give the all vegan Loving Hut cart a try.

Very impressed with the shiny new wagon, the clean interior and the helpful staff. They explained the menu options fully and, as first timers, steered us towards the most popular item, the Crispy Chicken Burger. We were not disappointed! Very tasty, very crispy, with a great chipotle dressing, fresh lettuce and tomato on a great whole wheat bun. We made short work of it at one of the many nearby benches at the Roundhouse Community Centre. We also split a yam fries and a root beer.

Critics may say that some of the food is prepared from frozen, or that the menu doesn't include the 'health bowls' that you may find elsewhere, but the food we had was very tasty and well prepared, and I understand the menu changes frequently and is updated via twitter daily.

In terms of price it was mid-range, but the ingredients appeared to be high quality and we felt we received good value. The fact is, we're grateful for any winning strategy that keeps The Loving Hut a viable choice for our Yaletown strolls. We'll be sure to be back for more as soon as we can.

Updated from previous review on Thursday October 20, 2011
Updated from previous review on Thursday October 20, 2011

Pros: Crispy Chicken Burger, Clean, Friendly

Dear Owner and Manager of Loving Hut Express - Food Cart - temporarily closed: