Part of international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for vegetarian living. Each location is individual family owned and operated. Serves all vegan food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, and dessert. Nice atmosphere and attentive staff. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Vietnamese, Asian, American, Take-out
8355 Elk Grove Blvd Ste 800 (Laguna Springs)
Elk Grove, California 95758
916-478-9590

Call for hours - tell us

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by johnsonfamilyzoo
Medman
Medman

Love this place!

Posted on 09 / 22 / 2013

I usually get take out when I get off of work. They always get me order correct. Gluten-free, lite oil, soft tofu. Just the way I like it. Easy, Friendly and quick :)

larryabailey
larryabailey

Worth the Drive!

Posted on 07 / 27 / 2012

My partner wanted to try out the new vegan "Loving Hut" in Elk Grove for months. Today was the day. Having our Toyota pickup serviced at the Elk Grove Auto Mall, we walked the two or so blocks to the restaurant. What a delight; the menu and food were great, and the atmosphere and music was peaceful and relaxing. Plus, the extensive lunch's special and evening menus were "very competitive". The items we ordered had a wide variety of delightful Oriental herbs and spices and great sauces. Everything tasted like it was fresh and right off the vine. My partner noted that he couldn't wait to get back to start working his way through the whole menus, especially the sweet items. It will be worth the drive from Sacramento for me as there were many "marked" gluten free items.

Pros: Fantastic fresh food., Relaxing space., Great prices.
Cons: There not more of them!
msmith87
msmith87

Loving Hut Elk Grove

Posted on 05 / 28 / 2012

We just discovered Loving Hut in Elk Grove. We have eaten there the past two weekends. We tried something different each time and were not disappointed. Everything was quite tasty. We also ordered cheese cake and it was really good.
We think it would be nice if they would offer some combo plates rather than the need to order two large orders of something.
We will definitely be back.

SacramentoVegetarian
SacramentoVegetarian

Loving Hut/Elk Grove - This is a great restaurant!

Posted on 01 / 25 / 2012

This is one of my favorite restaurants ever, anywhere and at any price. The whole menu is vegan, there are tons of great, reasonably priced items. The non-romantic, sterile decor reminds you of Brave New World and 1984 with the TVs and signs blaring pro-vegan messages, but the awesome food and pleasant staff make it well worth going.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday January 25, 2012

Guest
Guest

Good food, Nice atmosphere

Posted on 01 / 14 / 2012

Have been to both the Loving Hut on Stockton and this one. Here, the atmosphere is better and the food is more consistently good. Only down is the portion sizes seem smaller, and are moderately/expensively priced. I wouldn't have minded paying that much for a little larger portion. But, the staff was friendly, put up with our 4 rambunctious children and large group well, didn't mix up the order at all, and absolutely everything we ordered was great.

Pros: Consistently good food, Good service, Clean & Pristine
Cons: Small portions
gkaba
gkaba

Recommended

Posted on 05 / 29 / 2011

This restaurant has low prices, very good service and is clean and spacious.
I ordered the Loving Hut Fried Rice(with brown rice) and the Heavenly Salad. Both were delicious. So was the orange juice, which was freshly made on their juicer.
I also ordered to go The Loving Hut Burger, which is one of the non-Asian items on the menu, and is a cant-miss delight, very delicious(comes with fries). The Lucky Chow Mein is also great and they give you a large portion.
Loving Hut is located in a small, quiet shopping center just beyond the hustle and bustle of Elk Grove, which is another advantage. And it is very easy to find.
The restaurant never seems crowded as it looks like the overwhelming majority mof their business is take-out.
There are 3 cons in my opinion. (1) the restaurant is built out of mostly synthetic materials (i.e. formica), so it is not natural and there is probably some outgassing. (2) There are no condiments on the table, such as soy sauce.
(3) The wall of photos of famous vegetarians/vegans as you enter is missing one of the most vegans in America. Dennis Kucinich is an eight-term Congressman and two-time Presidential candidate.
If you are so inclined, please ask management in writing to include his photo.
Overall, I like it a lot and will be going back soon.

spizyxoxo
spizyxoxo

Overall best vegan place in Sac area

Posted on 11 / 03 / 2010

The food is great, the service is great, and the atmosphere is great.

My husband and I love: golden beauty, golden era, lemongrass tofu, the ocean clay pot (forget the name), Thai iced tea, and banana cake. Some dishes are better than others but nothing has been a disappointment.

The service stands out compared to other veggie places in the area. It's nice to feel as though we are eating at a "normal" restaurant. The wait staff are very attentive.

Prices are moderate and the place is very clean.

highly recommended!

Pros: great food, great service, clean
Cons: closed on Wed., too far away from me
johnsonfamilyzoo
johnsonfamilyzoo

YUM!

Posted on 10 / 09 / 2010

The first thing you will notice when you walk into Loving Hut in Elk Grove is how crisp and clean the decor is. It is also very large in case you have a big group. In addition to the cleanliness and size, take note that the staff is ultra friendly and helpful! Now for the important part- the food! Loving Hut serves a great assortment of Asian food. There is also a Loving Hut veggie burger on the menu. They also have a few desserts, smoothies, juices, tea and a non-alcoholic beer. The menu has pictures of the items and the food that comes to the table is actually representative of the pictures in the menu! Most items have tofu or a mock meat, but there are also some veggie only dishes. The Chow Fun and Chow Mein are both very good. They both have a wonderful assortment of fresh veggies and had both a mock beef and tofu. If I had to choose between the two, I'd choose the "fun" since the noodles were extra yummy! I also tried the Won Ton Soup which is great! I am not usually a fan of soup and usually skip it to save room in my tummy for other items, but I tried it and ended up having 2 bowls! The eggplant tofu with curry is also wonderful! It had a bit of spice to it which was appreciated! I liked that we were able to purchase either white or BROWN rice. On a separate occasion, I ordered the Veggie Burger and Orange Cake. The veggie burger was wonderful. It was obviously hand-made and chock full of veggies & tofu. It was SO much better than one of those pre-fabricated veggie burgers like a Gardenburger or Boca patty! The orange cake was good as well- very sweet. It is simply a treat to find any restaurant where you can go to (as a vegan) and feel like you are ordering like any other person when looking at the menu- no scouring the menu for the 1, possibly 2 vegan items, or trying to figure out which items can be veganized and whether the waiter/waitress will understand what a vegan is & whether the cook will get the order right! It's an extra treat when you have all the choices this restaurant has and the food is a wonderful as this!

Pros: cleanliness, service , variety

Dear Owner and Manager of Loving Hut - Elk Grove: