Previously named Mr. Man and converted to a branch of Loving Hut chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Offers an extensive all vegan menu that includes fish and chips, burger and chips, Asian dishes, dim sum, and vegan desserts. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Chinese, Asian, Western, Buffet, Take-out

First Review by emzy1985
craigmc
craigmc

loving the hut

4 Posted on 08 / 23 / 2014

I wish living hut would open a restaurant in Scotland. I do love veggie Chinese and the chance to visit loving hut is always a winner for me. This isn't the best branch I've visited but it is very good.

A wide selection of veggie dishes, plenty of mock meat options and all the classic tofu favourites. There is also a large selection if Indian dishes which give you that extra choice.

I had a hot & sour soup which was sharp and tasty. I followed with a spicey mock chicken dish with peppers and dried chillies. It was a tad oily but spicey with plenty of flavour and I needed several glasses of water during the meal.

Overall the bill was about £14 including service charge. The service was excellent and the staff did a fantastic job. In London this is decent value, and although edgeware is at the end on the northern line, it really is worth a visit.

Pros: tasty, selection, staff
MarkHelmy
MarkHelmy

Vegan Chinese paradise

5 Posted on 08 / 04 / 2014

This is without a doubt my favourite vegan restaurant in London. The all you can eat buffet they do both lunch and evening (Monday to Thursday only) is a delight. So much choice! 3 different types of rice/ noodles, mock meats (chicken balls, prawn balls etc) spring rolls, curries, soups, black bean and sweet and sour veg chicken and a huge load of veg steamed broccoli and a large selection of salads. It also includes a selection of puddings which vary from cakes and jelly to mango pudding and fruit. All for around £7.90 safe to say every time I go I end up stuffing myself.

They also do an a la carte all you can eat menu with everything made fresh to order. This costs more however you get a larger selection and is available every day.

These two all you can eat options are supplementary to a huge menu which has everything from mock crispy duck and noodles right through to sushi, veggie burgers and vegan fish and chips (which I hear is amazing) There is also fresh fruit juice, smoothies, coffee, tea and milkshakes and their cakes are amazing as well especially their carrot cake.

It's a bit of a long tube journey from Central London but is defiantly worth it,

Do yourself a favour, you won't be disappointed.

Pros: Cheap and delicious , Friendly staff, Extensive menu
Cons: Location is a bit out of the way
ColletteFarnol
ColletteFarnol

Vegan addiction!

5 Posted on 02 / 26 / 2014

Having recently moved close by to Loving hut, I find myself and my fiance drawn in at least once a week for the lunch buffet, for only £5.90 all you can eat, this is a vegan delight. No worrying about if the food contains this or that, all completely vegan and delish!! There is so much choice and often there is different food every other week. Many spring rolls, noodles, mock meats in black bean sauce etc, red thai curry, rice, crispy seaweed, prawn crackers, the list goes on, also included in the buffet is dessert, usually chinese jellys and tiramisu, sometimes a chocolate cake slice and jasmine tea refills to you hearts delight. The staff are very friendly and the atmosphere relaxing. I often order home delivery for their burgers and chips, which are like a vegan mcdonalds, but in a good way, delish!! Their evening buffet is £13.99 from the menu where you can order as much as you want from a selected menu, their chicken style balls in batter and satay sticks are particularly good as is the thai green chicken style curry, which was amazing and made with fresh veg. Defo a place to take the family!!

Pros: Large Portions, Great value , Delicious food
Cons: Not good if you on a diet!

elrujo
elrujo

DELICIOUS VEGAN FAST FOOD

4 Posted on 02 / 14 / 2014

if u r into vegan fast food try this place
is not the most healthiest place,but vegan and still quite tasty
u also get a good amount of food for the price u pay

Pros: big variety, delicious desserts especially
Cons: not very healthy in terms of vegan food
hokusai77
hokusai77
+2074

Very nice food and desserts

4 Posted on 01 / 06 / 2014

A very nice food selection for this Loving Hut branch in Edgware. I chose the self-service buffet options, with a rich selection of mock meats and Chinese fried food. Very good desserts, I had a beautiful blueberry cheesecake.

Pros: self service option, nice food and desserts, good value
winyard
winyard
  • raw

Excellent

5 Posted on 11 / 11 / 2013

Great food and great value. I went with a non-vegan friend, but he loved the food too.

Pros: Great value, Friendly, Good food
ELyzab
ELyzab

Nice, cheap lunch

4 Posted on 09 / 01 / 2012

I work in Edgwaare so was delighted to hear of this place. I went in on my own for lunch in the week which was a real bargain at £5.90.
There were a wide selection of buffet dishes (although too many fried for me to visit often!) with soups and mango pudding for dessert.
It was lovely to eat without having to ask questions and worry about ingredients!

Pros: All vegan, Cheap, Quick
Cons: Too many fried foods
ziggy_patchy
ziggy_patchy

Great first experience!

5 Posted on 07 / 20 / 2012

Booked a table for five, which was reserved for us when we arrived. The service was second to none and the food was fantastic. We all decided to eat from the ala carte all you can eat menu. Each of us selected dishes that looked appealing and we all shared what we had ordered. The quality of food was excellent, and the variety was enough to keep all five of our tastebuds on our toes. The food was also very quick out of the kitchen despite it being a busy night!

The staff were very pleasant and helpful, what you would expect from any restraunt. Offering more drinks and helping in anyway they could, without making a nusense of themselves!

The ala carte all you can eat menu was fantastic value for money. We would all definatly recommed this to anyone wishing to try.

Our party consisted of one vegan one vegetarian and three omni's. All found the food as tasty as one another and there were no complaints about lack of meat etc. Its a great way to show omni's that its not all about rabbit food.

Pros: Location, Tasty, Friendly
Cons: Vegan prawn cracker would have been nice :-), -, -
Annaville
Annaville

Great food for a fantastic price

5 Posted on 02 / 27 / 2012

We took the lunch buffet (5,9 pounds) and didn't regret it!
The buffet included 2 soups (I only tasted the corn soup which was good), various hot dishes (curry, wokked vegetables, different types of mock meat, fried onion rings, vegetable tempura,... a lot), as well as raw vegetables)and 2 desserts (tiramisu and agaragar jelly). You also get one softdrink (cola, sprite or fanta) or Chinese tea for free.
You can eat as much as you like (4 plates in my case:)).
The food is very nice, some dishes were excellent (the curry and the spicy potatoes).
The only con would be that there were quite many fried dishes and I have tasted better spring rolls.
The atmosphere is nice and the restaurant is very baby/child friendly. We got a nice chair for our one-year old as well as his own plastic cup and plate.
If we lived closer we would certainly go back!

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, good value
Cons: many fried food
sh3en41
sh3en41

Surprised

5 Posted on 03 / 09 / 2011

Me and my partner went to mr man unaware of its change to loving it. we were pleasantly surprised to see that the decor of the restaurant had changed. The food quality is still just as good as it when it was mr man, with a few more options of eating styles available.
We have always been a regular at mr man and will definitely be going back.

emzy1985
emzy1985

Lovely!

4 Posted on 12 / 30 / 2010

Well we had heard the old Mr Man restaurant had changed to a Loving Hut and we were really excited. However it was about 25 miles from where we live, but only 9 miles from my work. So one night after work we popped in and we weren't disapointed. We opted for the £10.99 Ala Carte menu and it was delicious. We had all manner of mock meat and vegetable dishes and the staff were very helpful and friendly. We also treated ourselves to a banana boat and carrot cake desert - om nom! I will be returned here in the future! :)

Pros: Clean, Modern, Cheap
Cons: Out of stock of some items

Dear Owner and Manager of Loving Hut - Edgware: