Part of international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for vegetarian living. Serving all vegan food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, and dessert. Each location is individual family owned and operated. Small but with plenty of seating. Large glass windows on all sides. Bargain lunch specials. Reportedly remodeled with new owners as of Sept 2013. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Organic, Vietnamese, Asian, American, Fast food, Take-out
1365 Stockton St (Vallejo corner, in Chinatown)
San Francisco, California 94133
415-362-2199

First Review by SynthVegan
Yakimom
Yakimom

best vegan wonton soup ever

Posted on 10 / 24 / 2014

This was my first time at a loving hut. I was pleasantly surprised. The wonton soup was fantastic and the cabbage salad was so fresh and delicious. We also had the potstickers and they were pretty big and well seasoned. The portions were generous and service was sufficient. I can't wait to go back!

suehayes1122
suehayes1122

Great food and nice atmosphere

Posted on 08 / 16 / 2014

I loved visiting San Fran and loved walking the streets of Chinatown. Was happy to find the Loving Hut there.
It was a pleasant dinner. service was great and food too.

Pumpkins213
Pumpkins213

Love Loving Hut

Posted on 02 / 22 / 2014

We ate here after the Chinese New Year Parade. We arrived just before it quickly turned busy. Our servers were chatty & friendly and although it was busy our water glass was always full. The food was good. As always, at every loving hut. The menu has gf options listed. I ate Scheswan-style green beans with brown rice. Alex ate the Vietnamese clay pot special. It was a lot of food! I ate a scrumptious banana split (chocolate, mocha & vanilla ice cream) and didn't share at all because it was too damn tasty! Alex says he likes this SF Loving Hut location the best.

Pros: Good service, Tasty food, Plenty on the plate

JonJon
JonJon

Great vegan chinese food here

Posted on 12 / 16 / 2013

This Loving Hut is a safe bet. Located at the heart of San Francisco Chinatown, it will provide you a good quality vegan chinese food at a very affordable price. Portions are generous, food is tasty and you can also ordered vegan desserts such as a beautiful banana split with vegan icecream. I enjoyed my lunch even if I'm not usually fond of chinese food.

Pros: good chinese food, affordable, friendly staff
PhilippaPickering
PhilippaPickering

really good food

Posted on 09 / 26 / 2013

We ordered from the menu and the food was really tasty and fresh. My non-vegan husband enjoyed his meal too. My only issue was that 2 nights in a row they had run out of vegan cakes, so we had vegan ice-cream instead (not too much of a hardship!)

Pros: good food, good location
Cons: ran out of vegan desserts
vegancheeks
vegancheeks

All things Chinese vegan

Posted on 09 / 13 / 2013

In a sea of hard core Chinese restaurants in chinatown a nice vegan reprise. Won ton soup, pot stickers....all with compassion. Tasty fare.

Pros: full Chinese vegan menu
soma
soma

Fabulous Chinese vegan food

Posted on 02 / 05 / 2013

Excellent Chinese vegan food option in San Francisco

Pros: Menu selection, Fresh ingredients, Easy parking
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

great lunch specials

Posted on 10 / 18 / 2012

Not a bad choice for china town even though its more a mix of asain with thai iced tea and pho. The staff are extremely accomodating and allowed us to create our own dish of noodles, veggies and sweet and sour sauce. Clean and modern decor and a very high standard of ingredients.

Pros: healthy options
Chia
Chia

Causal, inexpensive, yummy cakes

Posted on 10 / 06 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow and came by in October 2012 to have a look. Here's my Loving Hut Chinatown review.

Perched at the top of the hill in Chinatown, it was quite a trek for me to get up there from Market Street. But once I got there it seemed like no trouble at all. The restaurant is located on a corner and has large windows on both sides of the street, so it gets a lot of natural lighting inside. The furniture is all white, like most of all the Loving Hut restaurants. It's a small place but still fits plenty of tables.

Because I had already eaten lunch, I opted for a slice of cake and tea. The green tea was just Lipton tea bag. The mocha cake, however, was incredibly fresh, moist, and delicious--easily one of the best vegan cakes I've ever tasted. Also it was not too sweet, just the way I liked. The staff told me that the same baker who makes their cakes also delivers to the Loving Hut in Sunset District.

Next time I'm in the area, I'd like to try their soups.

peichy
peichy

awesome!

Posted on 04 / 12 / 2012

This loving hut is amazing! Their menu is like 10 pages long but the best deal they have going is their lunch buffet. I can't wait for my next visit to San Francisco so I can come back here and try some other items off the menu. The employees were super nice and friendly. For two lunch buffets and two Thai iced tea's my bill was $21....what?!

Pros: deliciouse, friendly, very affordable
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

I vote this place as best vegan potato salad!

Posted on 11 / 11 / 2011

They changed the recipe of the potato salad, and now it's blah. Minus 1 cow.

Updated from previous review on Thursday January 06, 2011
This Loving Hut is located in Chinatown - I generally hate Chinatown's for the obvious reasons (dead animals in windows), but I had to give this LH a try. I love potatoes and saw that they had a potato salad, so I ordered a large and then got a cheesecake for my dessert. I swear the potato salad was the best I have ever had! The thing that makes this one stand out from others is the fact that they add shell noodles to it. It was so good that I plan on going back for another serving before I leave. The cheesecake was just OK in my opinion (but my friend actually loved hers), I've just had better. 5 cows for that amazing potato salad!!!

• SynthVegan SynthVegan

The potato salad was so good that I returned 3 times! :)

Dear Owner and Manager of Loving Hut - Chinatown: