Previously Lotus Vegetarian; now part of international chain of vegan restaurants opened by followers of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each location is individual family owned and operated. Serves all vegan food, coffee, non-alcoholic beverages, and desserts. Pure white and bright golden themes decor with surrounding walls displaying artwork and Supreme Master Television programs playing softly in the background. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Vietnamese. Chinese, Take-out

First Review by Junivera

tasy and inexpensive

4 Posted on 08 / 17 / 2013

I wondered around the streets determined to find Loving Hut in Blacktown and finally found it! I recommend bringing a map. It is about a 5 min walk from station. The range of food is not as extensive as the Loving Hut in Brisbane which has western and asian food. The meal I ate ( I can't actually remember now) but I remember getting 2 things, enjoyed very much and I was stuffed. Reasonably priced. The communication was somewhat challenging as the person serving me clearly couldn't speak English very well or understand it very well. She tried very hard and was nice, but I kind of wonder why they would get someone to serve that doesn't understand English. Maybe most of their customers are non-English speaker. Experience still enjoyable.
Updated from previous review on Saturday August 17, 2013

Pros: food tasy , value is good
Cons: communication difficult

Unreliable

2 Posted on 04 / 14 / 2013

I would like to be able to review the menu offerings of Loving Hut Bankstown.This is the third time we've turned up to the restaurant during its opening hours to find it closed: this time we had actually made a reservation! Its a lone vegan restaurant that, unlike Newtown, is a long drive for us. I'm not going to bother again. The happy cow reviewing system doesn't let me give them fewer than two stars, although I would like to.

Cons: Never Open When Advertised, Accept Reservations And Then Close

excellent food and value

5 Posted on 03 / 20 / 2012

I was playing in a Scrabble tournament at the nearby Bankstown Sports Club - came here for a hurried lunch which was delicious - so delicious that I brought the whole family for dinner the same night. DELICIOUS food at very reasonable prices. This is not a fancy restaurant decor and service wise, something which my family and I are never really looking for anyway so enjoyed a great meal.

Pros: yum, reasonable, friendly

Loving Hut's finest!

5 Posted on 03 / 01 / 2012

Please understand - Loving Huts are *not* renowned for their classy decor, nice settings, adventurous menus, etc. But this review is about the food and the food only.

Hands down the best tasting food I've tried at any Loving Hut and I've been to a bundle in quite a few places. It is predictably Vietnamese/Asian but... Wow!

Their vegan "fish" hot pot is my all time favourite meal. Ever! Whatever they do with that sauce is surreal.

Then the "beef" wraps. The "prawn" salad. The "chicken" coleslaw. I'll just stop there. (Even their fried rice is a cut above!) It is all superb! SUPERB!!! The only thing that I have not been over-impressed with is the entrees and vermicelli but - hey - how good can a deep fried spring roll / money bag / etc. and rice noodles be? Just go straight to the mains.

I usually steer away from mock meats - I don't always find them that attractive or tasty - but something here is different. (They don't actually taste or look that "meaty" - maybe thet's why they are so good?)

When it gets busy, and sometimes even when it doesn't, be prepared for the food to come out bit by bit in a disorganised fashion. But when it does come it will be worth it! And the price is right too.

We drive across town regularly to get our fix here. How lucky that the best Loving Hut I've ever tried is in our own city?!

Pros: tastiest food ever., Did I say tasty?, OMG it's tasty!
Cons: Is not next door to my home!

Horrifying Service

2 Posted on 11 / 01 / 2011

Went there to pick up some take away. Held the takeaway containers in my lap whilst driving to aviod any spilling.. The soup was too hot that it melted the plastic container causing it to leek on my lap which burnt my legs.. Then it proceed to leek all over my passenger seat causing my car to smell.. I was unable to eat the food and when I went to the car wash I had to paid $60 to get the car cleaned.. I ran the shop up to let them know what happened. They said that they closed the lid and its their duty to ensure the food was hot.. That it wasn't their fault that I had no food to consume or that my car was now ruined.. That meal cost me $100 which I got me nothing but hassell.. They apologise to me rudely it wasn't even sincere.. All they kept on saying was that it wasn't their fault and that there was nothing they can do.. I believe the service is only in Bankstown because previously when I visit the other Loving hut closer to Cabramatta the service was pleasant and I had no such trouble bring food home to consume..

Cons: Non-friendly staff, Put the blame on the customer, Never go there again
  • TheVeganOfAus TheVeganOfAus

I'm amazed that you are blaming them for your unfortunate day.

Methinks your moniker is not very legitimate!

Guest
Guest

Excellent food

5 Posted on 01 / 18 / 2011

Excellent authentic vietnamese selection. I had the noodles, ginger soya, broken rice, and spaceship shape rice sticky rice. Oh they were just perfect

Pros: Authentic food and so tasty
Cons: A bit of a distance from sydney cbd

Dear Owner and Manager of Loving Hut - Bankstown: