Part of international vegan restaurant chain opened by disciples of Supreme Master Ching Hai, an advocate for veg living. Each location is individual family owned and operated. Serves all vegan food, coffee, and desserts. Current location since April 2013; previously at 257 Charoennakhon Road, Ground Floor Shop 11, Thonburi, connected to Marriott hotel. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Thai, Asian, Western
424, Rama 3 Road, Front Soi 20, Bang Kholaem
Bangkok, Thailand 10120
081-481-6500 / 089-485-3232

Open Mon-Sun 11:00-21:30.

First Review by Jeff Chan
AngelaDatlen
AngelaDatlen

Really amazing food but confused by menu terminology

3 Posted on 05 / 01 / 2014

I really enjoyed my food once I understood the menu !! I was not familiar with the Loving Hut franchise and having read the reviews on here I assumed it was fully vegan, which it is, HOWEVER when we sat down and looked at the menu I was very concerned to read: beef, ham, pork, chicken, duck etc etc I was immediately quite perturbed and confused questioning why a vegan restaurant was selling meat!! The owners did not speak English and I didn't realise until later, once my husband's food arrived (I ordered tofu) that these were all mock meats and this wasn't explained to me. If I'd have known I would've ordered something far more adventurous!! So delicious food - but I do have an issue with the menu terminology- it should specify "mock chicken, beef etc" I don't like to see this terminology anyway - I'm vegan!

Pros: excellent food
Cons: menu uses meat terminology like "beef, chicken, du
VeganBiker
VeganBiker

A Must-Visit for the Vegan Traveller

5 Posted on 01 / 25 / 2014

I don't have any problem overlooking the creepy cult origins and propaganda that define most Loving Hut franchises because regardless of all of that, they are doing the right thing. This location, with its superbly clean interior, extensive menu, and attentive staff, was a joy to visit. The food was fine. While it didn't blow me away, it was more than satisfying and I was not disappointed by anything I ordered.

They offer numerous Thai-inspired courses, as well as many inspired by other national cuisines. Each menu option is accompanied by a photo and an English description. Ordering here was no trouble at all. One of the best things about Loving Hut, and other all-vegan places, is that one needn't worry about the language barrier because there is no chance of them slipping bacon or milk into anything as one might encounter elsewhere. Order and dine with confidence. If for no other reason than that, Loving Hut is always at the top of my list.

Pros: Extensive Menu, Pristine Interior, Relaxed and Pleasant Atmosphere
annette
annette

Moving location

2 Posted on 04 / 04 / 2013

I usually enjoy visiting Loving Hut restaurants around the world by have to sadly report this one was lacking...lacking atmosphere, service, and food quality was only average and very small serves. Note: although it is advised here to take the free Mariott boat from Sakorn Taksin Pier the boat is not marked 'Marriot' but flies a flag called 'Anantaran'....we missed it and it only runs every 1/2 hour. The restaurant is one of the only tenanted shops in a group of empty shops outside the old hotel. Once inside, we welcomed the air-conditioning and ordered. Food was delivered out of order by a very young girl who could hardly carry the plates. The plates where white china which made a pleasant change from many places in Bangkok using plastic. Cafe style white tables and chairs,vegetarian propaganda posters on the wall & their own TV channel on with the sound muted. This would of been all fine if the food had been amazing. Very average and as very small servings we kept ordering more. Some dishes were deep fried unrecognisable items and not very appetizing at all. The the dim sims were dry. The best thing I had was the coconut smoothie which was possibly the best drink I had in Bangko :) Dishes range from 90bht to 200bht which is not expensive but high for the standard of restaurant. All napkin containers were empty on all the tables which we brought to their notice. NOTE: restaurant is moving on April 6th 2013 to Soi 20 Rama 3 wherever that is. Hoping the new location will add some renewed enthusiasm to the owners and wishing them all the best.

Pros: coconut smoothie
Cons: trek to get there, small serves,average quality, no atmosphere

Kris G
Kris G

As much as I love loving hut I did not like it

3 Posted on 02 / 26 / 2013

I really like Loving Hut, but this one did not convince me at all. I think it was also most expensive veggie place I went to in Bangkok.

freeprincebandar
freeprincebandar

Best restaurant we went toThailand

5 Posted on 09 / 14 / 2012

In a city of great food, this LH was great. All the items were prepared well. They had a fun 'egg' dish that was made to look like a sunny side up egg in a clever way. We tried every item on the desert menu including several servings of ice cream. Wish I had a LH like this around the corner from where I live now.

Pros: great food, great desert, air con
Cons: out of the way
enRoute
enRoute

loved it

4 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2012

Personally I thought this place was great... had delicious food each of the three times I went. It's in a bit of an odd location, but once you learn where it is it's not difficult. Worth seeking out, despite the mixed opinions.

Pros: great variety, the LH name
Cons: location
Agenda
Agenda

I didn't like it

2 Posted on 07 / 10 / 2011

1. The settings are kind of poor for this level of prices.
2. I asked several times if the food was spicy and they stated that no, but brought me overspicy crazy spicy food!!!!
3. Burmese tea leaves salad doesn't consist of these leaves as you can suppose but was sprinkled with them!!! And everything else in this salad was soaking in oil so you almost cannot eat it, so disguisting!!!

Pros: Good variety, Non-alcohol beer, Many other cafes around luckily
Cons: VERY spicy, Poor recipes, Staff cannot answer questions
VeganTex
VeganTex

Loving Hut - Charoennakorn

5 Posted on 12 / 09 / 2010

Like the other Loving Huts, amazing as always! I took a taxi, but boat options available per other reviews on this site.

killianH
killianH

The best vegan experience in bangkok

5 Posted on 08 / 03 / 2010

With the boat ride, the amazing food and great service, its the all round best vegan experience in Bangkok. Thoughtful, amazing vegan food is hard to get in Bangkok.

Pros: full vegan, amazing quality, extensive menu
craigmc
craigmc

very poor

2 Posted on 05 / 06 / 2010

i've been to other loving huts and enjoyed them, i cannot say the same for this one. the staff were fine, the service was fast, too fast. there is no way on earth the meals could be freshly prepared with the speed they arrived!
the veggies tasted like they had been sitting out all day, they were very dry and tasteless. the salad was like something out of a supermarket plastic bag, lifeless.
my main was meant to be a fried noodle dish, it was ready in under five minute, the noodles were awful, like the cheap microwave ones. this was the sort of place meat eater think all veggie food is, plastic and bland. i had to have chocolate when i left.
i just hope it was a bad day.

Pros: nice staff, clean
Cons: everything else
PauPau
PauPau

simple great

5 Posted on 03 / 27 / 2010

simple great vegan place, not only the food but also the staff is completely vegan. Price range is a bit above the 100 baht, but considering the quality this is very very reasonable and even cheap price. Just compare prices with a similar quality restaurant anywhere in bangkok.
anyway, speechless, great vegan restaurant, no tourist trap with owners in it for the money, but real dedicated vegans.

JesseD
JesseD

Great Vegan Restaurant

5 Posted on 03 / 27 / 2010

This is a great little vegan restaurant over the river, and I think one of only two fully vegan eateries in Bangkok other traditional Thai Jeh restaurants. It's similar in style to other Loving Huts (eg in Taiwan and Japan) but of course most of the food is Thai style. The food was excellent, and good value for the price. The vegan ice-cream and other desserts were amazing. It is a bit of an outing to get there (the ferry trip as explained on their site) but it's a beautiful trip across the river at dusk or later, and finding the LH makes for a very pleasant evening excursion. Or as the previous reviewer said, it can also be done by taxi. A must-visit while in Bangkok.

Pros: vegan, delicious food, friendly staff
chillin
chillin

Loving the speed of service

4 Posted on 11 / 04 / 2009

A friend and I visited Loving Hut last night as part of our mission to track down the best vegan eateries in Bangkok. It was a pleasant journey down the river - even if I did feel a bit of a fraud walking through the Marriott hotel in a bid to find the Royal Plaza. Initially we thought it had relocated as we looked at the plan of the plaza - however as it is so new it's position hasn't been updated on the map. If you walk through the plaza from the Marriott and take a left at the end, following the walkway round you'll soon find it on your left. It's very white inside - a bit too bright for us, so we sat outside, which was lovely and quiet. When we arrive around 7pm we were the only customers there. There was a huge selection on the menu and we ordered several dishes. I was surprised at the speed of service - the first dishe had arrived within 5 minutes and all dishes were there in around 10 minutes. My friend loved the green curry rice and I enjoyed the fried mushrooms in an orange and ginger sauce. Our only criticism of the food was that it all tasted a bit too oily. The dessert was also delicious, especially the frozen blueberry yoghurt. Mulberry juice was the top drink that we ordered. All in all the bill was 700THB which included a special 20% discount as they're having a promotion as they're newly opened. The staff were fantastic and accommodating. I was surprised to see Loving Hut even have their own TV channel which was being shown in the restaurant. Definitely worth seeking out!

Pros: Great menu selection, Everything vegan, Amazing desserts
Cons: Oily/greasy food, Bright/clinical interior, Pepsi on the menu??
Jeff Chan
Jeff Chan

Simply fantastic!

5 Posted on 09 / 06 / 2009

That was the first time I go to Thailand by myself. I knew the restaurant through HappyCow listing. Just saw it was a newly open shop and I decided to give a try.

The food was unexpectedly but simply fantastic! No eggs, fish sauce and truly vegan. I expected it would be a bit plain but they turned out to be so delicious... I ordered so much dishes that I had to take-out. The toast with mushroom, summer rolls and green curry tasted so good that I couldn't help myself visiting them in my second day there. Btw, don't miss the ice-cream.

The place and decoration was nice. I liked the overall white color style and in sync with the calm atmosphere in the area. The boss was so friendly that helped me to write the address of hotel in Thai so that i could present it to the taxi driver. We also chatted a little bit about Thailand too.

It is a must for me to visit them next time I get to Thailand. Truly recommend to any vegetarian looking for real good Thai food!

Travel Tips: Although you can get there by BTS + free boat ride as mentioned on their website, I found that it was actually cheaper to go by taxi if you go with 2-3 ppl. The taxi fare from Four Seasons Hotel at Ratchadamri (near Central World Plaza) was around 100 baht.
Of course, if you enjoy watching the scene on Chao Phraya River, the free ride boat would be your choice.

Pros: Delicious, Vegan, Nice ppl
  • Jeff Chan Jeff Chan